“Absolutely worth the trek!”
Review of Bakery Nouveau

Bakery Nouveau
Ranked #1 of 109 Bakeries in Seattle
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is one of, if not the best bakery in Seattle. Everything here is just good, from the macaroons, to the pizzas, to the croissants and pastries. In my time going there, I think I've had a grand total of one thing that I didn't like.

As for the "trek", if you are visiting and you are downtown all you need to do is hop on the "C" rapid ride to West Seattle. Get off at The Junction and you are within a block of this place. It takes 20-40 minutes, depending on traffic.

1  Thank SeattleFlyerGuy

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We love finding great new bakeries to try, so we were looking forward to trying Bakery Nouveau. Unfortunately, I have to agree with another reviewer that this place is overhyped. There is a long wait and you order at the counter. We tried the almond croissants and they were just okay. I was really hoping to find another great place to add to our Sunday bakery list, but this won't be on it.

2  Thank KristinaQ
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The bread is fantastic. I always go here when I am making special sandwiches. The desserts are awesome. For dinner parties, I come and get 6-8 of the single servings and then we all have fun trying each other's desserts. The lines can be long - but just relax, it's so worth it.

1  Thank LeeLeeAnn
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I lived in West Seattle for four years and one of the things I miss the most is the twice cooked almond croissants from Bakery Nouveau. I also love the sandwiches and would often buy one of their big desserts for parties.

1  Thank TomJPhillips
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I just got back from a month in France and Italy. These places really know their bakeries but none were better than Bakery Nouveau. So many display tempting looking goods, but usually the flavor is lacking. I am so lucky to live nearby, but I would drive across town for one of their baquettes.

1  Thank MrAlki