“Wonderful Almond Croissants”

Bakery Nouveau
Ranked #1 of 120 Bakeries in Seattle
Cuisines: Cafe, French
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Olympia, Wa
“Wonderful Almond Croissants”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

This bakery is located in West Seattle. My daughter lives in this area, so when I visit we go here. This is an extremely popular bakery. There croissants are very popular; the almond and the chocolate are amazing. I think they are totally worth the trip there! They also have wonderful sandwiches and other great pastaries. This is a fairly small place, maybe seating for 15-20. When the weather is nice you can sit outside.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank teacher34

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Spokane, Washington
“Can't get these desserts out of my mind”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

My MIL and I stopped in at this bakery after reading its high reviews and it totally lived up to expectations. I got a hazelnut type tort with chocolate curls on the top, a hazelnut type wafer, mousse filling and nutella type flavor. It was perfect in every way. My MIL had a croissant type thing with a nutty get gooey filling and topped with nutella. Generally I don't appreciate croissants, but this was the best ever. I went back and forth between the two desserts and each one was excellent. For hours afterward I have been thinking about how excellent they were. The seating at this place was limited and it was raining and cold outside, but we finally got seats. I ordered the chai to drink and it wasn't as good as others I've had; it lacked depth although it was spicy. They had told me that it would be spicy and it was, but still the flavor and taste was light and a little disappointing.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank mizsonya
Seattle, Washington
“"It tastes like Maui!"”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Bakery Nouveau has a new treat I discovered last night...Bora Bora. It looked interesting so I brought a slice home for my teenage daughter to share with me. She took one bite, her eyes got big and she said "OMG! This tastes like Maui!"

The Bora Bora is lilikoi (passion fruit) sponge cake layers, with a coconut mousse-y creme, other stuff I can't remember (though no actual coconut pieces to destroy the smoothness of the dessert), and it is topped with a gelee like glaze of apricot passion fruit and a few decorative passion fruit seeds on top.

I love chocolate, but I think this was THE best dessert I have ever eaten, chocolate or not. It's new, so if you like it let them know so they will decide to keep it on the menu!

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank OregonCoastLover1
Bellevue, Washington
“Crazy tasty place!”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Bakery nouveau has THE best pastries in town. From the croissants to the focaccia pizzas to the breads, it's hard to contain yourself from going waaaaay overboard!
There's always a line outside the dooor yet it moves quickly. If you see something you want, order it right away or it might be gone if you hem and haw! I saw spinach croissants dwindle to none right before my very eyes one Sunday morning!

1 Thank Sashimimimi
Seattle, Washington
“This place is amazing!!”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

There is a reason the line is out the door on weekends. Incredible pastries, mouthwatering sandwiches, savory treats, and even a few ice cream sandwiches type things. One word of warning, don't go hungry. We walk in there with the intent of getting 2 breakfast pastries and walk out with $40 worth of pastries, sandwiches, and breads to take home. I love having this place so close. We recently had some friends visit from Chicago and they made a point of coming back here twice before they had to go home.

• Visited February 2012