“Good food, horrible service and subpar margaritas” 2 of 5 bubbles

Senor Moose
Ranked #677 of 4,062 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle, Washington
“Good food, horrible service and subpar margaritas”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I'm a little surprised that this place wasn't better considering the stellar reviews that it has. My wife and I are from Arizona and are always on the search for good Mexican food. We came for lunch and were surprised at how incredibly bad the service was. We waited almost 15 minutes just for them to get a drink order even though the other tables were being served just fine. It then took almost 45 minutes to get our food and they forgot the app (which they comped, which was nice). Maybe this is normal, not sure. The food itself was really pretty good with just the right amount of spicyness. We tried the margaritas, which were billed as some of the best in Seattle, we had to disagree. The combination of OJ and lime juice just didn't sit well with us. Also, the prices were quite high considering the decor. They are charging Matador prices.
In the end, the service sucked, the margs weren't that great. We ended up going to Matador to get a real marg afterwards. The food was really good but not sure that we would return because of the other things.

• Visited May 2013

Gig Harbor, Washington
“Surprisingly awful!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I recently had lunch here and can honestly say this is some of the worst Mexican food I've ever eaten - and I love Mexican which is one of my go-to foods! I ordered chile verde (bad tasting sauce) and the pork was so undercooked it was pink, tough and inedible. I stopped eating after the third chunk of meat because I was seriously afraid of making myself sick. My friend had a dish with mole sauce that was grainy with very poor, undeveloped flavors. On top of the bad food, the service was terrible. What a disappointment! We were really looking forward to eating here, but will never go back. Don't waste your time or money!

• Visited April 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Really good food, but wouldnt go out of my way...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Had brunch here on Sunday. They said it would be a 45 minute wait for a four top at about 11:15. Glad we waited, as we were seated in 15! While the food here was really good, we wouldn't go out of our way to eat here again. It's often hard to find parking and there are enough good Mexican restaurants in Seattle where there isn't a long wait. My sopes were excellent, but there was way too much green sauce that over powered the sopes, eggs & beans. My better half said the enchilada suiza was good but nothing special.

• Visited April 2013
Menlo Park, California
“Wonderful food, ambiance and wait staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We celebrated our sons 21st birthday and the food, cucumber margarita's, were excellent. The decorations and pictures are beautiful.

• Visited December 2012
Montague
“Absolutely delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had a fantastic breakfast. The menu choices are so intriguing that I can't wait to return to Seattle to eat here once again. I loved the decor. Service was great. My breakfast was sublime. The coffee was excellent. The prices were very reasonable so I place the value of the dining experience as the highest! I would love to return to try lunch and dinner. I will recommend Senor Moose to everyone I know who is traveling to Seattle.

• Visited November 2012