“The WAC continues to raise the hospitality bar”
Review of Inn at the WAC

Inn at the WAC
Ranked #66 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
washington
“The WAC continues to raise the hospitality bar”
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Staying at the Inn at the WAC always feels like home away from home. The facilities, service, staff and location make for the perfect Seattle venue. Now with the newly renovated guest rooms, the experience is even better. Having access to the incredible fitness facilities is another huge plus.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
kkozuki, General Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Dear sahale,

I'm glad that you consider our hotel as your home away from home in Seattle. Thanks for recognizing our continuous improvements! We look forward to having you back soon.

Kerry Kozuki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed August 28, 2008

I stayed at the WAC for one night before an Alaskan cruise with my mother and daughter. We had two rooms - my mother's had just been remodeled and was lovely. The one my daughter and I had had not been remodeled yet but was still very nice. What was really outstanding about the WAC is the staff.

After dinner on the evening we arrived we realized that we had left one of my mother's suitcases on the car rental shuttle bus at the airport. (And we were leaving on our cruise the next day!) When the valet parking person realized why we were distressed, she immediately contacted the security person and the bellman. They gave me the phone number for the car rental and I quickly found that they had the bag at the airport. The bellman then said that he would arrange for someone to get the bag that night so we wouldn't have to. And he did - the bag arrived about 10:30 that night.

The WAC is also very well located downtown. When my family lived in Seattle many years ago we were members and I'm happy to say it's still a fabulous place. Please note that you need to be a member of the WAC or one of its reciprocal clubs to make use of the lodgings. (They have a great rate for anyone cruising on Holland America)

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Brinkleybuddy
Dear Brinkleybuddy,

We appreciate your detailed review and thank you for staying with us. I'm glad that our staff was able to provide a high level of service and that you got your bag back. I'm sorry that all your rooms weren't remodeled during your stay, but I am happy to inform you that at this point (September 2011), the hotel has been completely renovated and is appointed with the latest technology and luxurious appointments. Please come back soon!

Northern New Jersey
Reviewed June 18, 2008

This isn't your standard chain hotel, which is one of the things I loved about it. I had a large corner room with windows on two sides which made it very bright and cheerful with good views. The bathroom was a little dated, but clean with quality amenities and nearly a full wall of window (that opened!)

Once I saw the size of the room and all of the windows, I was more than willing to forgive the small work desk and the odd location of the TV. The type of cabinet and its location in the room made the TV uncomfortable to watch from either the bed or the sofa. I can see where that could be a problem for a TV fan.

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. As an added plus, the high speed wireless internet was included in the room rate and it worked very well. I didn't have time to try out the workout facilities, but I'm told by friends in Seattle that they are terrific.

• Liked — Large room with two walls of windows
  • Disliked — The bathroom was a little dated
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank NJ_Traveler05
kkozuki, General Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Dear NJ Traveler - Thanks very much for your constructive comments about our property. Despite the nits, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We have used comments like yours to drive us to correct the issues with the TV location and the bathroom. Last year, we underwent a multi-million dollar renovation to completely overhaul our bathrooms with luxury fixtures and appointments, and also installed (properly located) large flatscreen TVs in all rooms. We now provide content to all of our flatscreens via IPTV (Internet Protocol TV) to deliver 100% clear HD content. I hope you can stay again soon to see the difference.
phoenix
Reviewed January 12, 2008

My parents stay here several times a year, and my brothers and I do also. We LOVE this hotel. The workout facilities are the best, par none. When the family all meets up here for weekend reunions, we hit the basketball court and the raquetball courts. The staff is terrific. Once, when I arrived late at night, and was hungry, the guy at the front desk offered me his candy bar.

We walk to the ball games. We eat in the hotel restaurants (which are great), meet up in the sports bar for drinks at night. We usually walk to a restaurant for dinner. There are great shopping and restuarants within walking distance. I only have one complaint...and it is probably not the hotel's fault...but we were RUDELY kicked off the basketball court one night because it was closing time. With all the thousands of dollars that my father spends here, and this was the first time we had all been together in years, I thought it was pretty rude. Playing basketball is a family tradition, and it ruined that weekend. The rooms are a little old, but they are old Seattle style. I enjoy this hotel very much and always look forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank rockybird
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed January 2, 2008

My husband and I spent the days leading up to the New Year at the WAC. We were guests of members of the club. Although I was a bit surprised at the size of the room (really small), and the fact that the bathroom only had a shower, the positives far outweighed having no bathtub, and not much room to move around. In fact, the old fashioned character of the room was charming. There was original art work on the walls, and a comfortable chair and desk in the room as well as an incredibly comfortable bed. The room is set up in a way that lets in a lot of natural light. The hotel provided tea and coffee in the room as well as a never ending supply of L'Occitane bath products. Other things that I will remember is the impeccable cleanliness of the room. Everything was comfortable and incredibly sanitary. The towels, sheets, pillows, and blankets looked new. The noise level was wonderful- I did not hear my neighbors at all. Also the view from our room was great (Room 1609). We were looking west towards the puget sound and could see downtown, the ferries, west seattle. On New Year's we watched the fireworks across the water. It was a cozy site.
As for other great things about this hotel...it is located on 6th and Union, which means it is within walking distance of most parts of Seattle. In the morning I would walk to get coffee and baked goods at Pike Place Market or Capitol Hill. Westlake, other shopping, dining, and movies and theater were only about 10 minutes walking distance away. The hotel comes with free parking in a garage that is a block down from the hotel. I never had a problem finding a spot in the garage. The hotel staff were incredibly polite. I got the feeling I could ask them for many extra requests and they would do it with a welcoming attitude.
One thing I was a bit dissapointed about- The hotel has this great atheltic club, but the guest access is limited unless you pay 12 dollars. (I don't like paying money for strenuous activity) However, the basketball court and swimming pool are free for guests.
I loved my stay here and really hope I get a chance to come back. This hotel is perfect for people who would like to stay in a classy, clean, quiet hotel with access to most tourist activities of the city.

• Liked — comfortable, access to the city
  • Disliked — no bath tub!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NFA
Highland Park, Illinois
Reviewed November 7, 2007

The Inn at the WAC was one of the hotels made available for a conference I was attending. Normal access to the hotel appears to be limited (for the most part) to members of the Washington Athletic Club and their guests. But since the inn occasionally accommodates conference goers, chances are you may be wondering about this little hotel just two blocks from the Washington State Convention and Trade Center in the heart of downtown Seattle.

This inn is situated within an athletic club, but don't be fooled -- it was better appointed then most 3-star hotels I've stayed in. The front desk folks were courteous and helpful, upgrading me from the twin room I had been assigned to a queen. My room was on the small side, but comfortable -- and immaculate. It had windows on two sides, providing a view of downtown and just a glimpse of Puget Sound. The queen-sized bed was incredibly comfortable and luxurious (down pillows, 250 thread-count sheets, and a down comforter). WIFI access was free and robust.

Room service meals arrived promptly and were both hot and delicious. I did not take advantage of the numerous athletic facilities offered at the WAC -- spas, fitness and conditioning centers (it is an athletic center, after all). These facilities are available for an additional fee.

I recommend the Inn at the WAC highly -- if you have the chance to stay here, grab it.

• Liked — 250+ thread-count bedding was lovely.
  • Disliked — The electronic scale in the bathroom -- eek!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank valuta
Dear valuta,

Thank you for the positive review about our property. Since the date of your stay, the hotel has seen a complete renovation. Please visit our website to view the changes (you wouldn't recognize it if compared to your pictures) and hopefully book your next stay! We thank you for your visit and hope you will consider us for your next trip to Seattle.