“Hidden Gem in Downtown Seattle”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn at the WAC

Inn at the WAC
Ranked #65 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Seattle, Washington
“Hidden Gem in Downtown Seattle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have seen many of the rooms at the WAC and have attended many conferences there as well. The location can't be beat, the health club is top notch, great restaurants on-site (and reasonably priced) and the rooms are recently renovated. It is much more of a boutique hotel versus a mega chain hotel - you definitely receive more of a personal touch. Many of the floors have local artwork displayed in the hallways. The only downside is you have to be a member of the club, or friend/family member of a member, or work for a company that has an agreement with the WAC - in other words, not everyone can stay there. Which has its upsides since you know there will not be a random frat party in the room next to you (for example). Hopefully one day they will open it to the general public. People have commented on their expensive parking. 1. It's Seattle, parking isn't cheap, shop around and walk a few blocks as an alternative. 2. It is not that far of a walk to their underground garage (just across the street). If you have a chance to stay here, I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AmandaWiddice, Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear JeffSeattle007,

We cannot thank you enough for your excellent review of the WAC! We strive to ensure that our members and sponsored guests not only have a memorable experience each time they enter, but that it also enriches their day. Whether this is through the high level of service one receives or the small touches we can offer throughout the club. We are looking forward to your return visit!

Amanda Widdice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I arrived at WAC with daughter Heather and granddaughter Harmony, and was immediately treated as if I were the most important person the staff knew. Even though there is restorative construction going on, staff and signs immediately drew me to the right direction. Our room and bath were beautifully appointed, and the wine and cheese tray sent up by the front desk was quite a treat. Our really special treat came in the form of our old friend Chef Eric Floyd, and the amazing dining experiences at Torchey's. The food, the views, the waitstaff and hotel staff - we totally enjoyed our too-short stay; hope to go back soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear MamaLinn,

Thank you so much for posting your review on TripAdvisor! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I’ll be sure to pass your kind words to Chef and his team. We hope to welcome you back soon and for a longer stay!

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Inn at the WAC was in a good location and walkable to just about everything. We took the train in from the airport and walked to the waterfront for lunch, to the Space Needle and then walked to the football game.

The lounge had a good menu and bartender was extremely helpful and made us feel welcome.

Barbershop just off the lobby was also great. Walked right in and received one of the best cuts of my life. Fantastic!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
AmandaWiddice, Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Travel_Ute,

Thank you so much for posting your review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in the city! I am excited to share your comments with our lounge and barbershop team members. On behalf of the team, thank you and we hope to welcome you back to the WAC!

Anywhere, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

The thing I like about staying here is that it isn't pretentious. Now I know most people think a private club hotel is going to be snooty or over the top; if that's what you're expecting you should seek something else. Instead, what you will find is understated luxury. Aromatherapy bath products, comfortable linens, great views, and a staff that is friendly and genuine without being intrusive and forced. If you're looking for understated luxury this is the place. If you have a special request they seem more than happy to accommodate whenever possible. I stay in hotels 150 nights a year and this one tops my list when I'm in SEA.

Room Tip: The views on the West side rooms are spectacular. Upgrade to a corner room whenever possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear PilotMikey,

Thank you so much for your insightful review! We really appreciate your comments. When you plan to return back to Seattle, please contact us and we’ll check that west side preference for you!

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Inn at the WAC in downtown Seattle during 12/30/12 - 01/01/13. I was in town for a job interview, and decided to spend New Year's Weekend exploring downtown Seattle. First of all, this hotel is close to everything in downtown. Pike's Place, Pioneer Square, WestLake, the Waterfront (shopping, restaurants, Ferris Wheel, Aquarium), Convention Center & Monorail (best way to get to the Space Needle, Seattle Center, Pacific Science Center) were within a 10-15min walk. There are great restaurants of every cuisine near the hotel. The hotel room itself was very nice & upscale. Comfortable bed, 40"+ LCD TV, luxurious bathroom, and the hotel staff were very friendly. Room service, expensive as expected, was a great meal. There is a WAC parking garage 1/2 block from the Inn, which was very convenient. Also, the hotel was a short 15min drive from the Seattle Airport. Overall, I would give this hotel 4.5 out of 5 stars, only taking off half a star for the size of the regular room, ~250sqft. You won't regret staying here if you want a really nice hotel with great access to everything in downtown Seattle.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amit G
AmandaWiddice, Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear amit233,

Thank you for your review of the property and location! I am excited to hear that you were able to extend your stay and celebrate the New Year with us. Also, I hope that the interview went well! We hope you have the chance to welcome you back to the WAC!

Yours in hospitality,

Wenatchee, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

We, along with 3 other couples, always stay at the WAC this time of the year for shopping, theater, get-together,(birthday celebration) and have always experienced amazing, personal, gracious service. We even know some of the people now by name! Torchy's restaurant has also become a favorite because not only is the food excellent, but also they accommodate us at the large round table (often with some Seattle friends joining us) enabling us all to participate in the conversation and to hear each other. My husband and I like the WAC so much that we prefer staying there even when we come over to Seattle by ourselves. (He loves the workout area as well.) Whenever we've had a problem, (rarely) it has been immediately addressed and in a gracious manner. We love staying there.

Room Tip: We prefer a quiet room so we simply ask for one when we register since we're not always sure whi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
AmandaWiddice, Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Sally V,

Thank you so much for your comments. It is so great to see you return each year and celebrate with us. We always look forward to your visits! I see that you mention preferring the quiet rooms, so I have taken the liberty to make note on your profile. We can’t wait to see you next year, if not sooner!

Happy Holidays,

Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

I was lucky enough to stay at this hotel in July of this year. First of all, from the moment I walked in, I felt welcome and that the staff was happy I was there. Check in was a fast, friendly, and efficient. The staff was more than happy and ready to give very detailed directions to anywhere I asked. Each and everytime I had a question, the gave me a map, showed me the route and offered to call ahead for reservations for me. I really couldn't have asked for a more knowledgable staff.
My room was beautiful, clean, and had everything I could want upon arrival.
I spent time in the lounge a couple of times whil there and the service and friendliness of the staff there was just as wonderful as in the rest of the hotel.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is in Seattle anytime! I can't wait for another opportunity to come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear tposner,

Thank you so much for your kind review. On behalf of the staff, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. When you plan to return to the Pacific Northwest, please keep us in mind. We would love to have you back.

Happy Holidays,