“Quality & Understated Luxury”
Review of Inn at the WAC

Inn at the WAC
Ranked #65 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The thing I like about staying here is that it isn't pretentious. Now I know most people think a private club hotel is going to be snooty or over the top; if that's what you're expecting you should seek something else. Instead, what you will find is understated luxury. Aromatherapy bath products, comfortable linens, great views, and a staff that is friendly and genuine without being intrusive and forced. If you're looking for understated luxury this is the place. If you have a special request they seem more than happy to accommodate whenever possible. I stay in hotels 150 nights a year and this one tops my list when I'm in SEA.

Room Tip: The views on the West side rooms are spectacular. Upgrade to a corner room whenever possible.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
AmandaWiddice, Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear PilotMikey,

Thank you so much for your insightful review! We really appreciate your comments. When you plan to return back to Seattle, please contact us and we’ll check that west side preference for you!

Yours in Hospitality,
Amanda Widdice

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Inn at the WAC in downtown Seattle during 12/30/12 - 01/01/13. I was in town for a job interview, and decided to spend New Year's Weekend exploring downtown Seattle. First of all, this hotel is close to everything in downtown. Pike's Place, Pioneer Square, WestLake, the Waterfront (shopping, restaurants, Ferris Wheel, Aquarium), Convention Center & Monorail (best way to get to the Space Needle, Seattle Center, Pacific Science Center) were within a 10-15min walk. There are great restaurants of every cuisine near the hotel. The hotel room itself was very nice & upscale. Comfortable bed, 40"+ LCD TV, luxurious bathroom, and the hotel staff were very friendly. Room service, expensive as expected, was a great meal. There is a WAC parking garage 1/2 block from the Inn, which was very convenient. Also, the hotel was a short 15min drive from the Seattle Airport. Overall, I would give this hotel 4.5 out of 5 stars, only taking off half a star for the size of the regular room, ~250sqft. You won't regret staying here if you want a really nice hotel with great access to everything in downtown Seattle.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amit G
AmandaWiddice, Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear amit233,

Thank you for your review of the property and location! I am excited to hear that you were able to extend your stay and celebrate the New Year with us. Also, I hope that the interview went well! We hope you have the chance to welcome you back to the WAC!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We, along with 3 other couples, always stay at the WAC this time of the year for shopping, theater, get-together,(birthday celebration) and have always experienced amazing, personal, gracious service. We even know some of the people now by name! Torchy's restaurant has also become a favorite because not only is the food excellent, but also they accommodate us at the large round table (often with some Seattle friends joining us) enabling us all to participate in the conversation and to hear each other. My husband and I like the WAC so much that we prefer staying there even when we come over to Seattle by ourselves. (He loves the workout area as well.) Whenever we've had a problem, (rarely) it has been immediately addressed and in a gracious manner. We love staying there.

Room Tip: We prefer a quiet room so we simply ask for one when we register since we're not always sure whi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
AmandaWiddice, Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Sally V,

Thank you so much for your comments. It is so great to see you return each year and celebrate with us. We always look forward to your visits! I see that you mention preferring the quiet rooms, so I have taken the liberty to make note on your profile. We can’t wait to see you next year, if not sooner!

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I was lucky enough to stay at this hotel in July of this year. First of all, from the moment I walked in, I felt welcome and that the staff was happy I was there. Check in was a fast, friendly, and efficient. The staff was more than happy and ready to give very detailed directions to anywhere I asked. Each and everytime I had a question, the gave me a map, showed me the route and offered to call ahead for reservations for me. I really couldn't have asked for a more knowledgable staff.
My room was beautiful, clean, and had everything I could want upon arrival.
I spent time in the lounge a couple of times whil there and the service and friendliness of the staff there was just as wonderful as in the rest of the hotel.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is in Seattle anytime! I can't wait for another opportunity to come back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear tposner,

Thank you so much for your kind review. On behalf of the staff, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. When you plan to return to the Pacific Northwest, please keep us in mind. We would love to have you back.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Lovely rooms with super comfortable beds. Great linens and inroom coffee. I was able to use all the facilities, including multiple floors of exercise classes and equipment and a beauitful pool. They also have three restaurants in the building - one casual, to-go stuff for breakfast and lunch, another one is more formal, sit-down but has a good bar, and the third one is a sports bar.

Room Tip: Request high floor, west facing and you will have a fabulous view of the water.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
AmandaWiddice, Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear amy e,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of the Club and array of amenities. We are glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the Club’s outlets and services. Please do not hesitate to contact us when you plan to return. We would love to hear from you!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Having travelled from Vancouver by Amtrac, we arrived Seattle 11 a.m. and went straight to the hotel to check our luggage in. Instead, as our room was not ready (we weren't expecting it to be), we were given an upgrade to a suite for our immediate use and what can I say? It was absolutely fabulous. Lovely big sitting area, two large T.V.s (not used as we didn't have the time to sit and enjoy), books, fridge, coffee making - the lot. Turn down bed service (with chocolate) and amazing, friendly staff. Only one draw-back: we were only in Seattle for the one night and then had to move on. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Seattle and hope that we will some day be able to return, although our age is against us!

Room Tip: Just ask at the check-in!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear JuneA1930,

Thank you so much for your review. I am ecstatic to hear that we were able to upgrade your room for you! On behalf of our team members, thank you for staying with us. We do hope that you are able to return to the states soon and visit us again.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I'm a member of the reciprocal club in Los Angeles (LAAC), so during my short trip to Seattle I stopped by to see what WAC had to offer.

The facilities are in top shape. Very clean and modern. After wandering the city it was great to jump into a jacuzzi (something we miss in LAAC). Also, a "nap room" and the tanning beds were interesting to see; kinda blew my mind, actually. They also have the usual steam/sauna, stocked showers, etc. All in all - very nicely put together. I look forward to visiting them again if I'm back in the city.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alex M

Dear Alex M,

Thank you for posting your review. We do take great pride in our athletic services and it is great that you took advantage of the Club while in town. When you plan to return, please do not hesitate to contact us.