“INN AT THE WAC - ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS STAY”
Review of Inn at the WAC

Inn at the WAC
Ranked #67 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“INN AT THE WAC - ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS STAY”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Having travelled from Vancouver by Amtrac, we arrived Seattle 11 a.m. and went straight to the hotel to check our luggage in. Instead, as our room was not ready (we weren't expecting it to be), we were given an upgrade to a suite for our immediate use and what can I say? It was absolutely fabulous. Lovely big sitting area, two large T.V.s (not used as we didn't have the time to sit and enjoy), books, fridge, coffee making - the lot. Turn down bed service (with chocolate) and amazing, friendly staff. Only one draw-back: we were only in Seattle for the one night and then had to move on. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Seattle and hope that we will some day be able to return, although our age is against us!

Room Tip: Just ask at the check-in!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AmandaWiddice, Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear JuneA1930,

Thank you so much for your review. I am ecstatic to hear that we were able to upgrade your room for you! On behalf of our team members, thank you for staying with us. We do hope that you are able to return to the states soon and visit us again.

Amanda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I'm a member of the reciprocal club in Los Angeles (LAAC), so during my short trip to Seattle I stopped by to see what WAC had to offer.

The facilities are in top shape. Very clean and modern. After wandering the city it was great to jump into a jacuzzi (something we miss in LAAC). Also, a "nap room" and the tanning beds were interesting to see; kinda blew my mind, actually. They also have the usual steam/sauna, stocked showers, etc. All in all - very nicely put together. I look forward to visiting them again if I'm back in the city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alex M
AmandaWiddice, Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Alex M,

Thank you for posting your review. We do take great pride in our athletic services and it is great that you took advantage of the Club while in town. When you plan to return, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had an amazing time at the Inn at the WAC. The rooms are gorgeous with a mix of classic and contemporary comforts. Beautiful artwork, modern fixtures, a spa tub and shower, large flat screen TV, free wireless - on and on. Even the tile and wall textures (made of wine corks) were so cool, I took pictures to share with friends. Turn down service came with delicious chocolates. We had a pampered pedicure at the Spa at the WAC - complete with a glass of wine. An amazing dinner at Torchy's. Plus there's access to their world class fitness facilities and the location is central to downtown Seattle. A wonderful stay. Terrific service and attention to detail. Perfect for out of town guest, clients or your own relaxing getaway. We'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: Rooms boast city and/or water views. Request your preference. They also have luxurious suites with a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Renee D,

Thank you so much for your glowing review. We are extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed every detail of your room and Club services. We strive to make every guest’s experience perfect and memorable. When you plan to return, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

A friend recommended the Inn at the WAC and I'm so glad I tried it. Great rooms with a perfect location in the heart of the city. It is a short walk from the market, pier and south lake union.
My only disappointments were no full length mirror, the free wifi stinks for anything beyond email and the bath products are a bit masculine. Fine for my guy but I didn't love them.

• Stayed October 2012
AmandaWiddice, Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Shadowfax_Clan,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We are very happy to have you as our guest! Adding full-length mirrors has been a topic of discussion and your comment helps to underscore the need to do just that. When you plan to return, please inquire with Guest Reception about upper-tiered WI-FI and alternate bath products. There may be other options that would better suit your needs. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back to the WAC!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed in a standard King-bed room at the Inn at the WAC for a few days during a business trip. What I liked: the comfortable bed and pillows, big bathtub and cool shower, fantastic-smelling spa toiletries, convenient location and nice city view, bell service taxi assistance, ease and speed of check-in/check-out, and lobby convenience store. I found the common areas a bit dated, the hotel floors rather maze-like and narrow, and the walls very thin (I could hear my neighbor sneeze, and every street sound was like it was in the room). I had to use a lot of tricks to get to sleep and stay asleep (Ambien, sound machine iPad app, and ear plugs). In-room dining service was quick and the staff was very professional. The fries were fantastic. I did wish the room had a mini-fridge for my yummy leftovers from Seattle Restaurant Week. Overall, I had a perfectly pleasant stay at Inn at the WAC and would return, but I prefer the comfort of the Paramount.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, see if there is a room available without next-door neighbors.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Minn_CaboFanatic,

Thank you for posting your review. While you enjoyed all of the amenities and services of the Club, I am sorry to hear that noise level was an issue. I do hope that this was brought to our attention and the option of moving rooms was given. Being an older property, some rooms differ from others. When you plan to return to Seattle, please contact me directly at awiddice@wac.net. I will make sure to place you in the perfect location! Also, we can bring in a mini-fridge at no additional cost. We would love another opportunity to exceed your expectations!

Neptune, New Jersey
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed here this week for our National Sales Meeting - the facilities are beautiful and the place is immaculate. Sports Bar is nice - staff a little rude on Tuesday night but I can deal with a salty bartender. Rooms are nice - a bit small but they have everything you need and the amenities are excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear jsabatini,

Thank you for your review. On behalf of our restaurant team, please accept our sincere apologies for the service you have received. This does not meet our standards of excellence and service. If you would like to discuss this, please feel free to contact me at awiddice@wac.net. If you plan to return back to Seattle, please remember the WAC.

Middletown, Connecticut
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Small but clean, updated room with a great view of the city and bay area. Great location within walking distance of Pike Place Market and area shopping. We stayed for a long weekend and our only complaint was that on our last night our keycards suddenly stopped working... we were told they must have expired (even though our reservation was through the following morning). So we had to head back downstairs to have new cards activated... not the worst thing in the world just a slight inconvenience. There are lots of great amenities available and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AmandaWiddice, Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear CarmenMilo,

We appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback. I am sorry to hear that the key cards were not working properly. I have passed this comment to management to review. When you plan to return to Seattle, please remember the WAC.