“A little Luxury in down town Seattle”
Review of Inn at the WAC

Inn at the WAC
Ranked #66 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My room was on the 11th floor so I didn't have a view but I had every thing else. A spacious room the most comfortable bed I ever slept in. I just loved the bath room in my room with the body jets and the lack of doors. The staff was friendly and very helpful. They all knew their cities locations and highlights and were happy to direct you. The door man never once missed opening the door for me and seemed to recognize every one on sight.It was little touches like that and the chocolate on the pillow every night along with a fresh bottle of water and your bed turned town, that made me feel pampered and special. Thank you Allrecipe.com for this wonderful gift.

Room Tip: The higher up you go the better the view, but the 11th floor seems to have the largest rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
AmandaWiddice, Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Joey K,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We strive to make everyone’s stay as enjoyable and comfortable as yours. On behalf of our team members, especially our door man, thank you again for allowing us to pamper you while on the west coast! If you plan to return this way, please feel free to contact us.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is the first we have stayed at the newly renovated Inn at the WAC. As always, we enjoy the convenient downtown location and all of the services available without ever leaving the building. The staff is terrific. Our room was more luxurious than expected with lots of comforts. We did experience a few problems that surprised us. The lamp by the bed did not work right even after maintenance took a look. The tub was very slow in draining. And we had water dripping from the ceiling over a window that required that we place a towel beneath to catch the water. Never had anything like that before at the WAC so chalked it up as a freak experience. We would return at our earliest opportunity.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carl P
AmandaWiddice, Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Carl P,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. That is great that you were able to see the renovated rooms and experience the amenities of the club without stepping outside! I am troubled to hear that there were plumbing and water issues, as well as the lamp not working properly. These issues are quite concerning to me. If you have a moment, I would love to speak with you to get more details. You are welcome to email me at awiddice@wac.net. We look forward to welcoming you back to the WAC.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Staying downtown Seattle is expensive. However, the WAC was just outright amazing. Thank you to the team at Allrecipes.com for putting 70 members of the community here. If I was wealthy...this place would be where I'd stay again and again! The rooms were just awesome. The beds were wonderful, the bathrooms were just fabulous, the sweet gestures of turning down our beds at night and playing soft relaxing music when you entered the room was just soothing. I don't have anything negative to say on our accomendations what so ever. The price, if having to pay for it ourselves is the only thing I would rate well, but they really go out of there way to make your stay relaxing. The general location of the hotel was awesome to plenty of shopping and sites. I would totally stay here again if it wasn't for the price. Hands down. Best hotel I have ever been in.

2  Thank mis7up
AmandaWiddice, Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear mis7up,

Thank you so much for your glowing review! We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. If you ever plan to return to Seattle, please remember the WAC.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

This past week I spent 3 days at the Inn at the WAC in downtown Seattle.
Check-in was fast, and the employee provided me lots of great info about the amenities and area. The entire hotel was immaculate and smelled nice. The hotel has 20 floors and although sometimes the wait for the elevators was up to two minutes, the cars themselves moved very quickly.
My room was on the 19th floor facing Puget Sound and the view was fantastic!
I had a standard guest room, and although it was much smaller than the average size hotel room it was nicely decorated, very clean, and the bed & pillows were luxurious! The bathroom was also very clean, and the shower was great. Although the water didn't quite get hot enough for my liking, it was not unpleasant.
The TV in the room was a large wide-screen, although the channel selection was just very basic cable and most of the channels were being broadcast in EST instead of PST. This didn't bother me too much, as I didn't go to sit around and watch TV.
The hotel also provides free WiFi access to the rooms, which was great. There was also an option to upgrade to a higher internet speed for $9.95 a day.
I didn't use any of the fitness facilities during my stay as I am pregnant, but I did visit two of the restaurants. On my first night I ate dinner in the sports bar on the 2nd floor - The service was very good and the food was delicious with generous portions. A bit pricey for the type of establishment, but I guess reasonable for being in a hotel.
I also ate breakfast at the fine dining restaurant, Torchy's. I had the breakfast buffet and everything was fresh and wonderful.
The hotel staff went above and beyond during my entire stay to make me feel welcome and comfortable. The concierge and bell service employees were extremely helpful and polite.
All in all it was a fantastic stay and if I ever find myself traveling to Seattle again I will definitely try to make another reservation.

Room Tip: The lower floors have private balconies, but the higher the floor the more fantastic the view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jewel K

Dear Jewel K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a detailed review. Congratulations on your new addition to the family! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, the room amenities, and took advantage of dining in the restaurants. I will be pleased to share your experience with the staff. Regarding the cable broadcasting, thank you for bringing the time zones to our attention. We are working with our provider to correct this. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for staying with us. We hope to welcome you and your little one back very soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I was here for a big conference...if you get the chance...get in early, have the bellhop hold your luggage and explore the city! The only facility I used was the pool, which was absolutely gorgeous. Some in the conference complained about their rooms being really small, but personally, I LOVED IT...loved, loved, loved my room. The rainfall shower head and the adjustable knobs to get the 'naughty bits' was awesome--even more so since the Hilton Bellevue STUNK. The soaps and lotions were like nothing I had ever smelled before. I was blown away in the touches they put in the rooms to make it feel more cosy/liveable, as opposed to a sanitized hotel room--up to and including the robes, the weight scale, the towels (four for just me!!!), the books and the relaxation CD's provided to help me chill!

I was disappointed that I didn't get to use all of the exercise facilities, but I'm not concerned. I cannot wait to go to Seattle again so that I can stay at the Inn at the WAC!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Hannahbears_mom
AmandaWiddice, Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Hannabears_mom,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are truly ecstatic that you LOVED your room, the amenities, and the pool. The bath amenities are from the Aromatherapy Associates line and they are fantastic. I hope you took some lotion home with you back to Arizona. Again, thank you for your comments and we cannot wait to have you back!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Great room and wonderful staff! You feel pampered every step of the way. I had a premier room and requested the nightly turndown service with Fran's chocolates. There were a few missteps along the way but nothing that I missed until I realized I didn't have it. I stayed in a Premier level room. Large, spacious room with a great bathroom. Beware the body jets in the shower as they will soak the whole bathroom if there is no shower curtain. I happened to be get a handicap accessible room so my shower did not have a curtain.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear UofTXChick,

Thank you for your great review. We are happy to hear that you felt pampered every step of the way! Regarding the missteps, I am curious what those might have been. If you have a moment, please feel free to email me the details at awiddice@wac.net. I would love to hear your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

In the downtown area close to the monorail (takes you to attractions), near water and shopping. Large parking garage next to the hotel and also valet parking at the hotel. Overall excellent staff and ammenities.

Dear cornkids,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. Should your business bring you back to Seattle, we hope you will remember the WAC.