“Just Ok Pho”

Good for: Families with children, Kids
Boston
“Just Ok Pho”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We were staying at the Maxwell a few steps away and Pho Viet Anh was a convenient choice for us. The restaurant was very busy as it was a Saturday morning in the cold December weather.

We started off with the "special" roll and I was surprised by the fried wonton. I couldn't decide if I liked it or not but it was definitely different.

My husband and I both ordered the beef pho with meatballs. The broth was OK, not bland but not as flavorful as I am accustomed too. Prices were slightly higher than what I was used to paying.

Since we got our appetizer and noodle soup at the same time, I ate my roll first. The noodles soaked up some of the broth and I asked for a small bowl of additional broth, JUST BROTH. I was told that it would be an extra charge. I've never been charged for broth before, I thought that was a bit unfair.

Service was quick.

• Visited December 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great, simple, reasonable, yummy”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Was staying in the Maxwell hotel. Decided to give it a try for a sit-down evening meal. Didn't book but they fitted us in. Friendly staff. Fantastic, quick service, fresh delicious food. The young coconut juice is delicious!

• Visited October 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Best for less”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

The best Vietnamese sandwiches anywhere & from $3.50!pho has a rich broth and spring roll is filled w vegetables & shrimp. Service is friendly & efficient. Space cramped when busy

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank H H
“Great, light flavorfull food”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Went in on a whim late walking down Roy Street looking for food. In an area with lots of diversity and choices this was a great selection. Yummy, light fried tofu. Medium spicy was just right balance of fluid with too much burn. Everyone enjoyed their dishes and very little left overs. Thumbs up!

Visited August 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Pho sure- one of the best bowls of Pho I've had in the states!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I had a craving for some authentic Vietnamese Pho on a recent trip to Seattle. There is an abundance of options for asian food and plenty of pho shops all around so I had to do a little internet research before settling on Pho Viet Anh. The reviews looked promising and I was intrigued by the options for different kinds of broth.

The atmosphere is what I would expect in an authentic Vietnamese restaurant-comfy and colorful walls with lots of "interesting" art along with the standard mother of pearl inlaid panels. There were plenty of tables and an unusually high amount of security cameras which I thought was kind of funny.

Service was very quick, accommodating and very friendly. I loved that you could choose from 4 varieties of broth (I chose the hot and spicy) along with either a small or large bowl size then you would choose what you wanted in your Pho. I went with the steak (my favorite) and requested extra lime on the side. The kids loved that they could order extra noodles for their soup which they took advantage of.

In addition to the Pho, I also had the prawn spring roll- it was much bigger than I expected which was a pleasant surprise. Ingredients were very fresh and delicious- but pretty typical as far as spring rolls go. There was some kind of crispy fried wonton or something i the center of the roll which was a nice surprise for a touch of crunch that I haven't seen in spring rolls before. It was definitely a satisfying appetizer.

The Pho was excellent. The hot and spicy soup broth was delicious, with a touch of sweetness that went really well with the rare steak. I didn't think I was hungry enough to eat the whole bowl (I ordered a large) but it was so good I couldn't stop myself. It came with a standard side of mung bean sprouts, thai basil, fresh sliced jalapeno pepper and lime slices. The extra lime I had requested was also provided along with frequently refilled big glasses of water. By the end of the meal I was a seriously happy camper. I would say this was some of the best Pho I've ever had in the states. I would absolutely come back again and if you like Pho, would highly recommend you plan to come here.

• Visited August 2013