Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience Pike Place Fish Market
from $12.31
More Info
All reviews flying fish seafood fresh fish fish tossing salmon original starbucks gum wall great place to visit flowers mongers vendors
Selected filters
Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

This is a good place to source fish which can be filleted and packed (guaranteed for 48 hours) so can be taken on plane home.

2  Thank stellap935
Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

Had a few spare hours before our flight. It was busy being a Sunday but we had a great time. Iconic sites and great character

2  Thank Mark S
Reviewed September 9, 2019

The highlight is to see the fish being thrown by the salesmen. I have never seen such fresh fish in my life. Another "must see" experience

3  Thank Sharon N
Reviewed September 5, 2019

This is the place you have seen on TV and in movies where they throw the fish. With all that attention you may think it would be huge and easy to locate. In truth it is right in plain view, but there are so many people around it is easy to miss. Find the "Public Market" sign. Right underneath, in the corder is Pike Place Fish Market. Fish tossing is on an irregular schedule, so just join the crowd standing around.
While we waited for a demonstration my beautiful bride and I sampled the smoked Salmon. I am not a big fish eater, but this was great. My Bride was so impressed with the samples she ended up ordering a salmon to be sent to us. She also ordered some scallops too. Ordering fresh fish to be sent to your home several days later seems like a sketchy idea, but I am happy to report the package arrived at our home right on schedule, packed with ice packs and fresh as can be. We enjoyed it last night. The Scallops were just as fresh as the Salmon. The prices are very, very good for wild Salmon. Have some fun, and be 'ware of flying fish!

Date of experience: August 2019
3  Thank Brian G
Reviewed September 4, 2019

Smaller than I remembered. Fish markets, flowers, cherries, etc available. Tough navatiging within the tight spaces along with the baby carriages, walkers and wheelchairs. We bought items at the bakery and then went outside on the water to eat them. You can see the ferries coming in and leaving the shore. The surrounding area was more rundown than I remembered with a lot of graffiti in public spaces and the smell of pot in the parks and coming from public benches.

Date of experience: August 2019