“New location”
Review of The Whisky Bar - CLOSED

The Whisky Bar
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This place is like Mecca to me and I was disheartened to find it closed. When I poked my head in the new location I found that it was a week away from opening. Manager invited us in anyway and in true Whiskey Bar fashion made us feel at home and poured us a bourbon from his private collection. He was unable to charge us for the drink and we happily enjoyed his hospitality and the new locale which we will now seek out on every trip to Seattle. A new Mecca!

2  Thank Coco1957

Reviewed July 20, 2012

The place is not a dive bar, but the staff have a regular crowd of patrons. If you are not a patron and you are served by the wrong bartender, there is high probability you will be thrown out of the bar. The bartenders range from non-caring to out right rude. The drinks are pricey. The music is good. So if you are not visiting with a patron, best avoid the place. You may be threatened for simply stepping into the place to explore the menu.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

There were many single malts that I had not previously encountered, and the bar tender was kind enough to build me a flight of half measures. There is also a great selection of bourbon and rye whiskys.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stopped here on St Patrick's day for a whiskey. The drinks were strong and delicious. The service was pretty good, friendly. We actually sat outside as the bar was over capacity but the drinks kept us warm. Mixed crowd kept it fun. Would go back.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I really enjoy whisky, so when I learned that I would be in Seattle, I searched for a place to visit. Walking distance from my hotel is a definite plus. There are 100's of whiskies to choose from. The bartender was helpful and knowledgable. Before the place got crowded ( and it does get crowded), we discussed several styles of whisky and he shared several books. If you enjoy your whisky, get there early to savor it. If you enjoy the bar scene, pop in a bit later. Fabulous place. Back there tonight.