Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle
$423
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast area isroom was cleantv channelsfull kitchencheck in was quickroom keywould stay here againclose to downtownbus stophot tubfree breakfastfront desk staffstaff was very friendly and helpfulstreet noisespace needlecoffee makeraurora
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed the weekend of April 11 to 13. Our room was on the fourth floor. It was clean and the price was very good. The drive into downtown always goes very quickly for us, but if you want to be close to downtown attractions, this is not the place for you.
We had an incredible view upon waking of Mt. Rainier, as we were lucky enough to have sunshine for our visit.
The free parking is a plus, although small space per car, and the breakfast is adequate.
Our bed was soft and everything in the room was great accept internet was rather unpredictable working sometimes and other times not.
We plan to stay again soon!

Room Tip: I like white noise and travel with a fan, but if noise bothers you, don't get a room near the street, it was noisy till we turned on the fan.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Hotel was convenient and clean. Staff was helpful and answered all questions. Did have a problem one day with our room not being cleaned but upon notification, the desk clerk got it taken care of. Their breakfast had sufficient choices for pretty much any appetite or special needs.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Linda J
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Just stayed here for one of my bi-monthly trips to Seattle and have some bad news for you.....this place isn't so good. I read the Tripadvisor reviews and focused on why there were so many negatives and chalked it up to bad eggs and malcontents especially since the manager's comments indicated upgrades and remodeling. I should have just skipped it as it turns out.

The place does have its positives: 1) the king size bed was actually pretty nice; 2) the grave yard shift desk guy was very cool and quite helpful; 3) a great Indonesian restaurant (Indo Cafe) nearby 4) a Black Rock coffee stand close by for some excellent coffee; 5) relatively low prices appropriate for middle class "baby boomer" retirees traveling on a budget...most Choice hotels in Seattle seem to cater to this clientele; 6) the carpet was new....and maybe not installed so well as my door had trouble closing at times.

Lots of bad stuff: 1) "security door" to the parking garage not so secure...thing didn't work and anybody and I mean anyone can just walk right in.....which is important because....2) the hotel is in a sketchy area and has more than the usual number of sketchy guests who look to be long-term...as in questionable occupations related to "street activities" if you know what i mean; 3) parking spots are miniaturized, only comfortable for a compact car or economy car...anything else is an invitation to unwanted door dings; 4) the elevator was rickety and the first floor was operated by a amateur button extended off the wall by wire....I couldn't believe it [they were allegedly waiting for parts]; 5) you want ice???....one machine on the second floor; 6) you need your room cleaned after 1pm???......just make sure the cleaning staff can get to it before 2pm because this property makes a huuuuuggggeee deal about not paying overtime to these ladies; 7) tub stopper problems as in taking a shower in ankle deep water; 8) weak water pressure from said shower head; 9) flat screen TV facing the bed and fixed so that it can not be rotated or adjusted; 10) fuzzy reception on said flat screen TV; 11) rusted holes in the tub in the bathroom; 12) stained drapes; 13) daytime front desk staff that responds to challenges in a robotic way morphing into stubborn aggression while hiding behind "hotel policies" rather than thinking on her own or addressing a situation in real time.

There is more, but I'm tired of writing. To their credit the maintenance guy did respond to the two repair requests I had so this is worth noting. Consequently for this effort, the new carpet, the nice graveyard shift front desk man and the decent bed my rating is a 1.75 rather than the 1.00 I really wanted to leave to register my displeasure.

Room Tip: Actually, I knowing what I know now I would suggest reading the negative reviews here on Tripadvisor very carefully before booking a stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Michael S
gmwa217, Guest services at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties during your stay with us.

Maintenance issues happen everyday and sometimes you have to wait for parts.

Our team works very hard to provide good service, We are only human and can make mistakes.

I thank you for your comments and all will be addressed in additional staff training.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I first checked accommodations by the Amtrak Station . I was not impressed with the reviews or the steep prices. This Comfort Inn was very nice and was close to the Zoo. It was easy to get downtown and back to the train station. The room was clean and quiet. Staff was very friendly and helpful. It's a secure place. The front desk is right by the elevators which require your card key to access . The only downer was coming back later in the evening, the parking lot was full and my friend who was driving had to park around the building where it was dark and scary. All in all, I loved my time there and would definitely book it again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
gmwa217, Guest services at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are close to all things Seattle!
We are in the process of adding more outside lighting to our parking area and updating the fixtures.
Hope we can serve you again soon

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We booked here on booking.com. after travelling from baja Mexico and paying bigger prices for vacation hotels it was nice to have clean , quiet , shuttle service and breakfast all included in a great price.
Definetly one to remember as a stopover hotel I highly recommend this place , courteous staff also

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank canadiangirl959
gmwa217, Guest services at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Thank you for your nice compliments! I hope we can serve you again soon!