“Great Price, Great Staff, Great Stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle
Ranked #74 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Portland, OR
“Great Price, Great Staff, Great Stay”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

You can't beat the price on this hotel that is located in a great area (AAA price = $78 per night including taxes) ~ Close to Shilshole Bay, Shoreline Community College, 13 minutes to Ballard and 20 minutes to downtown Seattle. Hotel was clean, staff was friendly and helpful and our room was far enough from Aurora that we didn't hear the street noise (that we experienced the night before at the Holiday Inn down the street and paid $60 more per night there). The morning continental breakfast was great!

Definitely recommend staying at this location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Aurora so you won't have to deal with street noise. Aurora is a busy s...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelinbybus
gmwa217, Guest services at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thank you for your Lovely comments!

Our rates are usually lower then the other hotel mentioned. Please note that your rate was a winter rate (when our rates are at their lowest) and the do very based on occupancy.

We hope to serve you again, next time you are in Seattle!

Guest service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed as part of a group sporting trip in December 2013. The rooms are clean and spacious, staff were friendly and the property has a small gym and indoor pool which our group used. There is no restaurant at the property, and it is located in the suburbs - so close eating options are really chain style restaurants which you will have to drive to. We played three games in Seattle plus toured the city and the Boeing museum - all requiring lots of driving on freeways in heavy traffic. The closest attraction to the hotel was a shopping mall - Northgate mall. The property includes a very basic breakfast which is all prepackaged and prepared off-site. Personally I would prefer to pay for a proper breakfast but it is an option for people. Given the located and lack of local attractions, this property is probably best for people passing through Seattle. However as a tourist I would have preferred to be in town within walking distance to bars, restaurants and shops.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank cjury
gmwa217, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for your review. Yes we strive to make people as comfortable as possible, unfortunately we can't do anything about the untimely traffic. The plus side about staying with us is that, unlike downtown, you don't have to pay an arm and a leg daily to park your car. However, I will openly inform anybody who reads this response, and anyone who calls the hotel, that we do suffer from commute times. In fact, the commute from our area - Shoreline area - to downtown Seattle was ranked worst in Washington State (though Californians tell me Los Angeles has us beat). You can always rent a hotel room downtown, which is within walking distance of many great bars and restaurants, just remember it will cost more.

And while I'm glad to take the compliments to our rooms and staff, are you sure you're reviewing the right hotel? We don't have an indoor pool?
Arizona
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We travel with a very old lady cat who is 18 yo and well behaved. She sleeps on a towel owners provide, knows & uses her own litter box, never claws furniture, and sleeps a lot. We searched online for pet friendly places and made reservations at those places. We assumed when that was what were searched for on Comfort Inn & Suites that is what we were reserving. The site stated there was a fee for PETS. The next afternoon we were returning, an Asian man stops us in the hall telling us, "A CAT, you cannot have a cat here! We do not allow cats! I just had all our carpets and rooms redone. If a cat messes on the carpet I cannot get that out, it will have to be totally replaced!" I informed him the corporate website & the link to their web site stated they accepted pets. That's what we were reserved for 5 days. NOW he almost yelling at us, "NO they only accept dogs! We would have to leave now! Check them out!" he instructed the desk person." I explained that dogs pee on corners & some poop on the floor, their fur smells, they bark, and kids are worse. This is a very old cat we have traveled with her for years and she is very well behaved; she sleeps all day, her food & water bowls & litter box, all are in the bathroom on the tile...she does NOT misbehave." We are professional people, who are childless, we leave our rooms neat & clean, and we would never put up w/a pet who misbehaves. OK now I guess we have 1 hour to find a room somewhere in 100 mile radius of the city, change locations and make our dinner appointment at Shilshole because this man has decided to change the rules. He tells his manager to check their website and make sure it is updated, while we waited in the lobby like bad children. That was 09.30.2013. Later, he only changed his mind, not the website. He said she had nice green eyes (lie) and let us stay a couple days. We cut our 5 day stay short, we NEVER celebrated our anniversary at the Space Needle 10.02.2013 as planned (where we became engaged many years ago). Nice anniversary trip! We left Seattle early & returned to Phoenix! I have waited & checked for that update he demanded to be done 90 days ago, it is now January 8th, 2014 it still has not been updated NOR does it specify we only accept dogs! Their check-out bill states they charge for dogs, but BEWARE they ALSO charge for cats. ALSO BE-AWARE the owner changed the rules on us after we checked to a pet reserved room. HE was very rude & nasty to us. I believe when you search for a hotel that accepts pets, reserve a room, the rules should change when you sign in or after you have registered. The entire hotel chain needs to respect & acknowledge customers who are neat, clean, and are responsible pet owners!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Bait & Switched! The owner changed his rules & is very rude!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tika K
I remember you guys well. I'm sure you remember that the reason we don't allow cats is because if they urinate anywhere, it is near impossible to remove the smell, and usually it requires replacing, in part or completely, whatever was soiled. And I although we don't allow cats, I do disagree with how your situation was handled and I give my sincerest apologies. If there is anything the hotel did right in a situation, I can always use that in our defense but unfortunately, in this case I have nothing I can say. And yes, the website should explain that cats aren't allowed. We at the hotel do not control how/when the content is updated. All we can do is send requests for them to change it. It actually took me more than a few months of trying before the hot tub feature was finally removed (for a time, I was submitting the pet policy change AT THE SAME TIME as the hot tub update). I can assure you, I have sent requests to update the pet information, and it should be updated now. If it was updated, I wouldn't have to turn away people who bring cats, people who I would have loved to have stay with us. I'm sorry you had to endure such an experience, and I promise you I'm trying to have the pet policy updated on the website. I would invite you to come back to give us another chance to better serve you, but in this case, if you never came back to our hotel, I would understand why. I'm very, very sorry.

Travelers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Ritzville, Washington
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on a business trip. We found the price unbeatable for the accommodations. There was a nice breakfast included with everything you would want such as hot sausage, eggs, and yummy waffles! The beds were great and the rooms were very roomy with a refrigerator as well a coffee maker.

We booked another night's stay for the following week as we left. We definitely would recommend this hotel for those people especially on a budget! The area might be the most favorable but worked great for us for one night.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review! It's always good to hear how the breakfast team's hard work is appreciated, and I'll definitely inform housekeeping of your kind words. We are finishing the carpet renovation in the next month or two, in a few months down the line we'll have all new furniture as well. It'll be nice to see if we can finalize a few other renovations before we get busy, too. I hope you can join us again!
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed December 11, 2013

First, the electric front entrance doors were broken so we had to pry them apart to enter the lobby. Then, as usually, we immediately checked the bed for bugs and discovered several large BEDBUGS very quickly and multiple small brown stains (old blood) on the mattress. Would have taken photos of the bugs as proof, but was too busy running out of the room. The room was run down, used car lots and mechanic shops around hotel-scary area, felt unsafe. Had to pay triple the price to get another room in a nice/safe hotel without advance purchase, but worth it because we didn't bring home any bugs! I would have given a lower rating than one if possible.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank debradallen
Dear Ms. Dallen,

I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties during you stay.

Our Doors are usually open for easy access, We had a cold snap when we did close them to stay warm. It only needs a step backwards to get the sensor to see you. I am sorry it did not work as usual.

We do not have bedbugs and work very hard to prevent them. If there was a problem in your room we would have been happy to move you to another. You will be glad to know this month we are replacing all of the guest room carpet and linens. In February we are replacing the furniture, Exciting changes ahead!

Thank you for taking time to write your review,

Guest services
Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed for a week. All the staff were very friendly. The breakfast was good, eggs,sausage,waffles and fresh fruit every day. The suite was large with plenty of room in all rooms. The only complaint is that this was supposed to be a handicapped accessible bathroom. The toilet was not up to code as it should be 2 inches higher than normal. There are grab bars in the shower but there is no tub seat and the shower head is not moveable for a person sitting in the tub. I like to take showers which was not an option in this bath. The bed was good. The location is good, right on Aurora Ave.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
gmwa217, Guest services at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Laurie M,

Thank you for you comments.

It is hard standing at the front desk smelling those waffles cook!

I am sorry about the bathroom set up, We do have shower seats and toilet seat lifts available through housekeeping.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 12, 2013

fair price and safe environment. with kitchen it is good to cook food. We burned one spatula but they offered no charge on that. Also the view is good if you choose room with windows towards southern direction. You could see downtown builidings in good weather.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
gmwa217, Guest services at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Edmundshi,

I would like to ad when you have a southern view, and the sun is out, you can see Mt Rainier and Downtown Seattle. It is breath taking.

Also some exciting news, We are getting several upgrades over the next few months. Furniture, bedding and carpet, so I hope you will come and see us again.

Guest services