“Breakfast is good”

Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle
Ranked #73 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed October 9, 2013

but NEVER stay in Building A. Building B is great. When booking, need to choose the room with Microwave and refrig.. Those rooms are in Building B. Room in Building A smells very bad, dirty.
But the breakfast is pretty good.
always book Choice Hotel through Choice website, the price from those online agencies is usually more expensive

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
gmwa217, Guest Services at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear picturefun,

I am sorry to say you have the wrong property, we only have one building, with 4 floors in North Seattle. You might mean the Quality Inn downtown or the Comfort Inn and Suites Seatac.

Next time please give us a try!

Thanks

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Efrin reviewed incorrect property (Oct 3, he reviewed the Sea-Tac property, I contacted TripAdvisor to correct). I just stayed 2 nights: AAA 1st night $68, AAA 2nd night $71. 2 different rooms.

Since it's right smack on Aurora you know going in it will be noisy, that's a given. Seattle rainy traffic and the rhythm of same acts as an agreeable alarm clock.

Newly Updated, extremely clean rooms. Quirky parking garage with tightest parking ever, however, guess what? You can park outside, too with wider, normal slots.

Interacted with 3 different clerks, ALL friendly and helpful, the maid was really nice, I left my IPhone charger and went back for it. I travel 20+ weeks per year and I really like this place, I've stayed here 5x now.

Mildy gritty surrounding area, Aurora extremely busy, fine with me!

Room Tip: Ask for back side, away from Aurora.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Freckles99201,

Thank you for your comments.

I hope we can serve you again soon.

Next time you are here you will see several upgrades in the rooms.

Best wishes

Guest Services

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Very old, run down, scary area. Hotel in need of much repair and renovations. Parking is for compact cars only. Management doesn't adhere to 100% satisfaction guarantee. Good luck getting on there extremely slow internet it's almost impossible. We were there for about an hour and couldn't bring ourselves to stay because we didn't feel safe or comfortable. We had to forfeit our full amount of our 3 day stay because we pre-paid. Management wont do anything. There are a lot nicer areas around Lynwood is 5 miles away with plenty nice of hotels to choose from and will give you peace of mind about your safety and security.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Liz A
gmwa217, Guest services at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Liz A

I am sorry you were worried about our neighborhood. The Aurora merchants association and the neighbors work very hard to make it a nice place.

Your reservation was prepaid and the rules attached to them do not allow us to give refunds, If you made the reservation directly at the hotel and not Expedia or the like, We could have checked you out without a charge, unfortunately you paid a third party and those are their rules.

We are excited to let you know we are upgrading furniture, bedding and carpets over the next several months.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a great location and very convenient. Parking is a little quirky, but was nice to have a suite with 2 bedrooms, so we had a little privacy from my parents on a long 17 day vacation! Downside? The parking deck, but the convenience to Starbucks, Safeway, Space Needle, etc. was terrific.

Room Tip: Pick a 2 bedroom suite! Not too many hotels have this option.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you Jen J. for your comments!

WE hope you come and see us again.

Over this winter we are getting furniture and bedding upgrades along with new carpet.
Very exciting :D

Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Comfort Inn corporate should be totally embarrassed. The first room we had was dirty. The sheets had dirty brown spots all over and toothpaste slung all over the bathroom walls. Our room was noisy with a family of five small children next door. Our phone rang four times during the first hour we were there requesting pizza, room service, and two calls from other guests.

After kindly requesting another room, we were placed on another floor. This room was NO better. The beds did not have mattress pads and the fitted sheets kept popping off the corners exposing the blood stained mattresses. The sheets were NOT clean. Black hair was all over the tub. Two coffee mugs clearly had been used as coffee stains and black hair were in both. The lounge chair had a huge brown stain and on the backside and the cushion had a gigantic rip in the upholstery. Black mold appeared in the bathroom floor and the entire room had a strange odor.

The key cards for both rooms did not work and staff appeared unconcerned. The local health department should be contacted regarding the cleanliness of the breakfast service. The lousy breakfast room was too small and guests were constantly bumping into one another. Breakfast items were not stocked properly.

Generally, this Comfort Inn is a train wreck. NOW LISTEN CORPORATE...... We will NEVER, EVER stay in a Comfort Inn again!!!

Room Tip: There was nothing positive about this experience and would recommend this hotel be avoided at all co...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
gmwa217, GSA at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

I thank you for taking your time in writing your comments.

I am passing them on to our GM and hoping that you will email him directly, so he can speak to you in person. You can reach him at gm.wa217@choicehotels.com. I will let him know to look for you. I sincerely apologize for all of it.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Well, let's start with the good. MUCH cheaper than the $250-$300 a night wanted in downtown Seattle. Quick drive out of downtown. Fast check in and out. The front desk clerk at check in was very professional and helpful. That is about it for the good. So the bad. Parking lot is very tight. Parking in the garage is laughable if you own anything other than a very small car and the lot is not much better. The foyer is small but adequate. Hallways are dated as well as the rooms. Our room had an interesting aroma to it. Comments ranged from smells like salsa, to mildew, to just plain weird--can't identify it. Did not go away our entire stay. The room was big enough, but not clean enough. There were visible stains on the couch, chair and carpet. I am not sure the sheets had been changed on either bed, even though the beds were comfy enough. There were stains on the sheets. There was active mold growing on the caulk in the bathroom. The bathtub faucet leaked the entire time we were there and the water pressure was lacking. Breakfast was a joke. There were the standard breakfast items, except most of them were not stocked and did not see anyone restocking anything. Hot tub was ok, not busy. And to top it off, I am not sure we were staying in the best area of town. I am not familiar with north Seattle, but saw some questionable activity on the streets nearby. Would not recommend this hotel. Pay a little more in Seattle or search for something else nearby.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I panicked when I saw this title.

Thank you for the good and the bad comments.

We are in the process of several updates that should answer all of those comments, So I hope you might give us a second chance.

Thanks again

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This appeared to be an older property that could use a little bit of updating but provided a comfortable stay. The room was very large and had a comfortable bed, microwave, and fridge. Everything worked and I had no complaints about the room. I had two complaints during my four day stay. The hotel has a key card system for the elevator that requires you to use your key card to call the elevator. My card rarely worked and the staff had difficulty furnishing me a card that would work. They admitted that it is a poor system. My other complaint concerned the breakfast. The breakfast room was too small and narrow for the number of guests. People were constantly bumping into each other trying to get to the food. Also, there was not enough seating and the staff did a poor job keeping the breakfast items stocked. Overall, I would stay here again because the room was fine, the location was close enough to downtown, and the price of $86.00 per night was reasonable for Seattle.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear ChipB8

Yes, it is true we are an older property, We are in the process of several upgrades.
The elevators have been repaired and are now working well.

Thank you so much for you comments. We hope to see you again soon.