“Just the right spot to get back into town”

Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle
Ranked #71 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The best things about this property were its location to Northgate Mall, the access to a faster route into downtown Seattle via Aurora Ave (instead of Interstate 5), and the price. The downsides were the staff, linen cleanliness, and bathroom maintenance. A pillowcase was soiled with makeup and when I took it down to the desk attendant he acted very unconcerned. The bathroom walls were marked up and looked dirty, wall paper pealing, tub was chipped. The breakfast area is quite small; the variety of food items was typical and adequate. No coffee was available in the a.m. outside the breakfast room (which was closed off).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KJA64
gmwa217, guest services at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

I am sorry to read that the staff was not up to snuff. We do strive to give great service. We have several new faces at the front desk and I hope you will give us a second chance.

I will pass on the maintenance and housekeeping issues.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This unit was conveniently located for our trip. It can be a little hard to out of due to the busy traffic in this area. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room up to the standards of the chain and what I expect. The lobby PC was not working so the desk agent allowed me to use one in the office to confirm some of my travel plans. Given to such a busy business area the unit could improve by providing a business center rather than a unit in the hallway at a stand up counter.

Room Tip: This unit is very quiet considering it's closeness to a major avenue.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Phil G

Dear Phil G,

Thank you for your comments.

A business center is a great idea! I will pass it on to the GM.

Have a great day!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've stayed at a Comfort Inn before but this one was the worst by far! I'm exhausted. I got little sleep with all the car noise, noise from people upstairs, loud water noises from other rooms, dripping noises from who know where, noise from the hallway, etc. The walls must be paper thin! The wifi internet was spotty at best...didn't even work well from the 2nd floor. The bathroom door hits the toilet when you open it. The room was marginal at best. It didn't make for a restful stay and I will not be returning. The front desk attendant was more interested in the TV show playing in the workout room then being there for quick check-in.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank HappyTravelers4ever
Management response:Responded October 28, 2013

Thank you for your comments.

I am sorry you had a stressful experience.

I will pass this info on to our GM, Our staff does strive to put guests first and I apologize that you did not feel that.

Thanks again,

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed here the past weekend and everything was fairly good (for the $ paid) until the morning we were leaving and the elevator alarms were going off and we weren't able to take the elevator from the 4th floor down. So we went to the nearest stairway. We realized that the stairway didn't actually go down into the first floor/lobby but rather had an emergency door to the outside, which would have been fine if it actually opened... IT WAS LOCKED FROM THE INSIDE. So we went back up to the second floor and had to wait for the elevator to be fixed. We were with our two small children (3 years old and 5 months old) and basically if there was a fire the only way to get out would be to jump from a second floor window onto pavement (if you could get into a room). When I asked the front desk about this they said that the one on the other side of the building wasn't locked and that the one we used was locked for security purposes because it faced the road... REALLY so if there was a fire in the middle of the building only half of the people could get out without jumping from the second floor? All she said was sorry.... WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN OR ANY COMFORT INN FOR THAT MATTER. I CAN'T BELIEVE I PUT MY BABIES IN THAT KIND OF DANGER.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank SRG24
gmwa217, Guest services at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

I am sorry about the difficulty you had, I check the doors myself and it opened when I pushed the bar. When the manager arrived he checked the them as well.

There is no need to worry because of a door. There are many protocols in place in case of emergency, So you would be safetly assisted if there was an emergency.

I do sincerly appologize for any stress this may have caused you and your family.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Reminder to self - always check to see if there is a restaurant on premise. Unfortunately did not read the fine print on the amenities and had to search for close by restaurant for dinner on a Sunday night. This was a problem late at night. Caught the shuttle back to SEA-TAC the following morning and was dropped at the Arrival area on the ground level and had to hike up with check in luggage and hand carriers to find the United check-in counter. Easy for the driver but not easy for departing passengers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chikuzen

Thank you for your comments.

We have several restaurants that deliver, We have all kinds of info handy at the front desk.

Our hotel itself does not have a shuttle. If you let me know which service you used, I will pas on your comments.

Thanks again,

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed here after a Vancouver vacation and an Alaskan cruise, so money got a little tight.
Not in the best section of town but we had a car so we were able to see the sights. Rooms were spacious and traveling with a family, that was a plus. Seattle is a great city.

Room Tip: Nothing special that I found.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ernierad

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My partner was giving a workshop at Shoreline College. Therefore, this was a convenient location for two nights. Checked reviews on Trip Advisor before booking. They were comparable to the nearby Holiday Inn Express. Since we'd stayed there in the past, and the Comfort Inn was cheaper, we went for it. Never again! Have to say I'm shocked by the positive reviews for this place.

The only plus I can come up with is that the beds were comfortable. However, when you can't sleep because of sound transfer, that doesn't help. On the other hand, if you LIKE to eavesdrop on your neighbors' conversations and ENJOY the sound of their kids' screaming, by all means, stay here. I can't imagine that ANYONE would crave a shower that's a low trickle, however, or using a toilet that needs to be flushed three times to do its job. Or the stench of stale tobacco in a nominally nonsmoking room. Or the long black hairs in the bathroom (We both have short gray hair.). Or the noisy fridge. Or having to wash out grungy glasses to have a drink. Or the slow, dingy elevators which are the only access to the upper floors. Or the indifferent restocking and cleaning in the breakfast room. This is just a partial list, but I'm sure you get the picture.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DocHoliday62
gmwa217, Guest service agent at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Unfortunately we cannot do anything about thin walls.

I will however pass on your comments to management so they are delt with appropreately.

I would like to appologize on behalf of our entire staff.