“We would give them another chance”

Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle
Ranked #74 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Fort Worth, Texas
“We would give them another chance”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I was alittle worried after reading some of the reviews but I booked a king size suite with a sofa bed since four adults were spending one night before our cruise. The hotel is a great value for the money since we did not want to spend $300+ for one night. In other post, there were complaints about the thin walls but we did not have a problem hearing other people. The breakfast menu had several items and the food was good. Several pizza places will deliver to the room since where are no restaruants in walking distance. The only negative was there was no linens in the room for the sofa bed. When we called the desk, the person said "were you planning on sleeping on that?" The reservations WERE for four adults for one night. He did bring up some linens (no pillows) and when we opened the bed up, it bowed in the middle.

Room Tip: My recommendation is - don't book the suite with expectations of using the sofa "bed"...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Texans_7
andreaWa217, Guest service agent at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you for your comments, We appreciate that you took time to write it! I do apologize that you did not get the pillows as needed. I will pass it on to our Director of housekeeping that the sofa sleeper was not made. There are several restaruants close by to walk to , I am sorry we missed the oppertunity to tell you about them. We do Love our Pizza here.

Guest services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
redding, california
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I do not even know where to begin to tell you how HORRIBLE this stay was for us!!! I will start by saying, we arrived at this hotel around 9:30pm and found first of all, there to be, literally NO PARKING. This hotel is in a questionable area and we had to park on the street. Very Nervous already about leaving my car in this area. We went in and got our key, already noticing how run down this place was, we went to our room. The smell in the hallway was stinky and not fresh. Kind of smelt like dog pee. Then we got into our room and the smell between the bed DEFINITELY smelt like dog pee. This sickened me, we did not have a pet with us and did not enjoy smelling someone elses pet. I reluctantly called down to the front desk and asked if our room could be switched. He was cold and rude and finally said to come down for another key. We did, then we went to the second room. My family never unpacks anything before checking the beds and other stuff in room carefully for BEDBUGS....we went ahead and did this, the room might I mention also smelled moldy. Upon lifting the mattress to see underneath, my husband found a bug, which was moving!!! It freaked us out, because we have never actually found a bug until NOW. We then went down and told the desk clerk what we had found. He denied it and made us feel stupid, like we didn't know what we were talking about. He then brought out a sheet, that shows some disgusting beetle that eats skin and says "this is what it is, not a bedbug." Well, I am sorry, but he didn't even see it, so how would he know?? I told him I would not stay in a bed that had ANY type of bug in it. I could not believe his attitude!!! Here a guest is upset and telling him there are bugs and smells in his hotel and he has the NERVE to get rude with us!!! We are the paying customer who DOES NOT want to sleep with bugs. He then, reluctantly gave us another key, we checked the room and found no bugs and then I forced myself to stay the full two nights(of hell) which we had already paid for. The whole two nights lasted so long and I couldn't wait to get the heck out of there... Some of the other things we found in this disgusting hotel were: baseboards coming off walls, hairs in shower, sink and bed. No trash can(other than in bathroom) Very inconvenient when traveling!!! NO PARKING whole visit, humidity in room, no pool, uncomfortable beds, gross & unclean bedspreads(why can't they just spring for some duvet covers???)!!!!!
In this visit, the hotel clerk NEVER apologized. I had to practically beg him for another room, he never just offered. I cannot believe they sell this as a comfort inn & suites, this was more like a Inn of HORRORS!!! They should be ashamed of this employee and this disgusting hotel. But, I am sure they will do nothing about it!! They don't seem to care:(
Ending words, unless you enjoy live (bed)bugs, pee odors and overall filth...don't stay here!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, the whole place is old and dingy!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank April M
andreaWa217, Guest services at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I am at a loss for words.
On behalf of our entire crew, I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE!
We do make mistakes. I believe you and our Operations Manager are working with Choice Hotels to make it right. I hope the outcome is acceptable.
Guest services

Travelers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The room we booked had a very noticeable odor (possibly nicotine, although the hotel is non-smoking). At our request, we were provided another room, which was much better, but still smelled stuffy.
Bed linen: Sheets appeared to be clean - but were not truly fresh, and seemed wrinkled - we suspect that they might not have been changed after the previous guests left... The contrast with the pillows, which were obviously fresh, was striking.
Wi-fi is advertised (on the web as well as by the reception) as being both free and available throughout the hotel, including guest rooms. Unfortunately, the signal in our room, in the eastern part of the hotel, was extremely weak, and did not support any internet connection. When we complained, the receptionist said he was aware of the situation - and suggested we notify the management, who apparently had been informed but did nothing.
Noise might be a problem in some rooms. We suffered from very audible sounds of persons walking, apparently in the room above us.
Although the guest room is quite large, the coffee percolator, complete with coffee and sugar, was placed in the bathroom. This is convenient when you want to fill it with water, but is less than hygienic or aesthetic... A small tray on the dresser would have been nicer.
Breakfast was OK - but if you come down after about 8:30, it is standing room only... The dining area is very cramped, at least if the hotel is full, which it was when we stayed.
Parking, although available, is very tight.

Pros: We chose the hotel for a 3-day vacation as an alternative to much more expensive downtown hotels. Its location, on Aurora Ave, is a convenient 10-15 minute drive to Seattle Center, and there are plenty of restaurants (mostly fast food, but also some better places) nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side do not have wifi; rooms on the west are closer to the noisy road.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David D
Thank you for finding positives in your situation.
I am sorry you had to go through multiple rooms.
We do have a 100% Non Smoking policy, unfortunately not everyone follows it.
We curently have new housekeepers who are still learning and improving everyday.
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This Hotel is clean and friendly but the walls and doors do not block out voices. We could hear the people on the other side of the wall. The fridge was very quiet once we unpluged it. The breakfast is limited and the space is tight. The location is close to Seattle Center.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Guest service agent at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments!
I am sorry you had difficulty with noise.
I will let Management know.

Thank you for taking your time to write your review.
All comments are welcome and helpful!

Kelowna
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I have never had such bad experience as my recent stay in Comfort Inn, Aurrora, Seattle.
Everything was just fine (as always is with this chain), until we woke in the morning to find that the Toilet was clogged…
Called the front desk, where the guy said “Ooo, right now, I’m all by myself and the house keeping’s not here yet …” (was surely past 8am, maybe even 9!)
I said “OK, not urgent right now, we’re going to have breakfast, will they be able to take care of it by the time we’re back?”
“sure” was the promise, well, sure enough we returned to find the same clogged toilet.
Now there was no answer from front desk, so I went there. The only lady found at front desk was house-keeping, all by herself said she couldn't leave front desk
“can we use another room's bathroom then?”
“No!, all the rooms are CLEAN!, we can’t have you mess another room…”
- apparently she produced the plunger, and hand it to ME, saying “we don’t have anyone to do it right now”……….!
Some minutes later, there was a knock on the door. It was house keeping, apparently not for the toilet, only she was hoping we were gone so she could clean the room, when I asked her to look the toilet, she tried to use the plunger, but eventually, got things messier and left…
upon checking out, I told the guy at front desk I was so disappointed and complained that they wouldn’t even let us use another room’s bathroom, he wasn’t surprised at all and just said “all the rooms are booked, we don’t have a spare room”… didn’t even offer any apology, apparently, when I shot a sharp look at him, he mumbled to himself “I’m sorry”…
That day, my husband used the lobby’s bathroom, I didn’t use any at all, (brushed my teeth with a bottle next to the car…)

OK, got to make a long story short: in the morning the toilet was clogged, they didn’t send anyone to repair, though were kind enough to hand me a plunger so that I’ll do it myself, they wouldn’t let use another room’s bathroom, and on top of all, they were rude
Isn’t it interesting that this was 1 of rare occasions when I did not receive request I useualy do from Choice (or Comfort inn) to fill up a survey about this hotel soon after my stay? theyn nearly always do send this…
I have written to Choice to make a complain, however, never received any respond at all…

Room Tip: Well, I guess the lesson is to read reviews also if you go to a big chain that you know you like and...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Asher Y
andreaWa217, Guest service agent at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Tamar B.
I am at a loss for words.
I am so sorry that you went through this at all.
On behalf of our crew let me Sincerly Appologize.
First for the miscommunication that didnt get housekeeping straight up to you after they arrived.
Second for the lack of appologie you recieved at check out. I know it is frustraighting when needs are not met.
Please know we strive to do better and hope you will give us a second chance.
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write this review.
Andrea Strickland -Guest services
Novi, Michigan, United States
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip. Great location, nice room, friendly staff. Great continental breakfast. It's close to many attractions in the area - Northgate mall, Pike Place Market, and Downtown Seattle.

The cons were that the rooms have really thin walls. I could hear people talking in other rooms & out in the hallway. Also, could not access the free WiFi from my room or the lobby.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Robert A
andreaWa217, Guest services at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this review, March 11, 2012
Thank you for all of your comments! We appreciate everyone who takes the time to post. I am sorry about the internet problems, we have just upgraded the system, so your next stay should have no problems in that area. When you make your next reservation please list " quiet area" on the special request line. Then we can make sure you are on the top floor and do not have an ajoining door. These things seem to help with the noise.

Andrea Strickland
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Really thin walls. We could hear people in other rooms when they even were just walking to the bathroom. Could also hear anyone talking in the hallway and out in the parking lot clearly Random black hair in the bed, shower, and bathroom floor. Front desk seemed rude. Seemed like they were tryin to kick me out of the room the next morning after like 10am even though checkout isn't till noon. I know there are other hotels in the area with similar pricing. I would stay somewhere else next time.

Breakfast wasn't too bad. Although the room was small and I think it made a lot of the guests grumpy.

• Stayed December 2011
andreaWa217, Guest Service Agent at Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this review, February 5, 2012
I am sorry you had difficulties during your stay.
If you email me here and give me the details of you stay I can be more specific.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Andrea Strickland