“Wonderful stay!”

Ranked #54 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver, Washington, United States
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very comfortable beds, amazing view of the Space Needle and Experience Music Project Museum, and the staff topped it all. Courteous, funny, great local information, and efficient. Very impressive overall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
David_Lenke, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Carole P,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed yor time with and the location was perfect for your adventures in Seattle. We look forward to hosting you again should you travel to Seattle.

Best,

Assistant GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Marysville, Washington
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night as we were attending a party in the city. Hotel is quite a bit older, but the beds were plenty comfortable, there was a flat screen TV, fridge and microwave and our room was clean. We had the basics available without us needing to contact the front desk. No shampoo or conditioner though - bring your own.

The rack rate pricing is WAY off. Make sure you book online, as the same room we were given was quoted to another traveler by the front desk at $130 more than we paid (and anyone who paid that price would have been sorely disappointed!) For example, the room stated that it was a 'downtown view' - we had a view of an alley with dumpsters in it. Was this a big deal for us? Not really. We didn't stay there for the view, but I have an issue with advertising a city view when that was absolutely not the case.

Parking would be an issue here if your vehicle is bigger than a mid-size car. The underground lot has a clearance of only six feet. In fact, we observed a couple trying to roll their luggage cart to the car only to realize the decorative piece at the top didn't even clear the beam. They charge you double to park an over-sized vehicle, and I can only assume that their version of oversize isn't the same as what mine would have been. That being said, for the price to park a car in Seattle, it was reasonable. Access from the garage straight to your floor was nice.

For what we paid in downtown Seattle, it was fine. This is definitely a budget hotel. I probably would pay a little more and stay in a nicer place next time. That being said, everyone we encountered that worked there had a fantastic attitude, so thank you for the positive customer service experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank ChristaLynn11
David_Lenke, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear ChristalLynn11,
I hope you had an enjoyable time at your party in Downtown. We have recently replaced all of our mattresses in the rooms with brand new pillow top mattresses and have some other upgraded amenities. We do provide shampoo and conditioner in the showers; we have them in dispensers on the wall as part of our green initiatives. The particular room that you had reserved does have a view of both Downtown to the right looking out the window and a view of Lake Washington looking to the left.

Gilbert
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel room was a decent size. Its amenities included, iron/ironing board, microwave, dorm sized refrigerator, coffee/coffee maker. The bed was very comfortable also. BUT, I stayed on the side which had the alley, and it was extremely loud!! I was awakened by the tour busses running and loading late at night and early in the morning. Also I was awakened at four o'clock in the morning by the trash truck dumping the trash! I mentioned this to the staff and was hoping for another room, but NOTHING. I also wrote a letter to the management expalining what occured, and they too, did absolutely nothing, NOTHING!!. I was not impressed with their lack of empathy!
The breakfast buffet could have been much better. It was so crowded when I went down to eat, I had to wait. None of the servers bothered to clear the dirty tables until it was almost empty. The food was decent and hot. It offered up scrambled eggs, tortillas,cereals,sausage, make your own waffles, and assorted rolls, muffins, bagels. It also had numerous types of juices and coffee.
The hotel is very close (walking distance) to the Needle and the Chihuly Glass/Garden Museum. A word of adivise if you take a cab. KNOW where YOU want to go! The cab drivers do NOT speak or understand English well at all!!!
I feel this hotel could be run so much more efficiently! The staff was nice, but management could use some training in efficiency, in my opinion.
I travel frequently and this was not a good experience with the noise level I had to endure. I guess if you do choose to stay here, make sure your room is NOT on the side with the alley!! If it is, demand another room on the other side of the hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank LadybirdPeacock
Dear LadybirdPeacock,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations during you stay with us. I will be addressing each issue with the appropriate departments and respective team members. I sincerely hope that you will come back and try our hotel again on your next trip to Seattle so we can have the opportunity to “WOW” you.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Good sized, clean hotel room. Hotel can do with a makeover although everything works. Located about 300m from the Space Needle which links with the monorail to downtown Seattle. Didn't eat at the hotel but the breakfast buffet looked ok. Very friendly staff who were quite knowledgeable about good foodie areas. Will recommend to anyone who wants to stay over in Seattle for a reasonable rate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear SvanZyl,
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! Our convenient location to all of Seattle makes us a great choice. Thank you for the review and the staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 19, 2013

A friend and I travelled to Seattle for a few days of R&R. The hotel was located very close to one of our tourist destinations, the Chihuly Glass and Garden Exhibit which was about a block away; also in the same area is the Pacific Science Centre where a few months ago we had seen the King Tut Exhibit. Restaurants are within a short walk and downtown Seattle and the Pike street market are within walking distance if you can handle 30 or more minutes of walking. The staff was courteous and very helpful in general; we enjoyed the hotel breakfast at a cost of about $8 as it had both hot and cold items like scrambled eggs, sausage one day and bacon the next, beans and tortillas, cereals, oatmeal, waffles which you made easily yourself, juices, toast and muffins and a fruit bowl with fresh fruit. I asked if I could have pan fried eggs easy over instead of the scrambled available and the staff assured me I could and brought them quickly from the kitchen. They remembered our coffee/tea preferences the next day and were very conscientious. The two double beds were very very comfortable; they were covered in light cotton bedspreads (and of course sheets and a blanket) which are a nice change from duvets found in most hotels (which duvets I hear are not laundered often) the bathroom vanity were in separate locations, the bath and toilet in one room and the vanity just outside. This set up was actually pretty convenient. The one thing that did wake us for a short time was a garbage truck which came on the Wednesday very early in the am (around 4 am I think); the room was warm and the temperature/air conditioning responsive to the controls.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

David_Lenke, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for the review of the hotel. I am sorry that the garbage truck woke you at 4am. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was our second time to this hotel. This hotel is just like any other hotel, rooms were nice and clean and the location is the best in the city by far. If your a Best Western Rewards member the parking is free.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
dear aseretseven,

Thank you for staying with us again and for the great review. The staff and I look forward to having you stay for a third time on your next trip down!