“A little old, but top notch location and service for a fair price.”

Best Western Executive Inn
Ranked #52 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I helped organize a small convention (50 people) using this as the group hotel. In addition to a block of hotel rooms, we made use of meeting rooms and banquet services.

The hotel rooms were pretty decent. Your standard hotel room; clean, quiet, spacious, still never enough power outlets next to the bed... A HDTV, Microwave and Fridge in every room was a very nice thing. The water pressure in my room seemed pretty high, you had to be careful when turning on the tap to avoid spray. View was nice, right out at the Space Needle and the EMP Museum from our room on the west side of the building. Rooms where nice and quiet with decent acoustical separation.

The elevators are quirky, which was a little frustrating at times as much as we used them. For a regular stay this wouldn't be an issue, but going up and down many times a day made it a little annoying if there was a long wait. Stair access between the rooms and the lobby would have solved this issue, but was not available.

The meeting rooms where nice and decently equipped. They weren't "cheap" if all you needed was a space; but they came will equipped with our requested furniture and great staff support for last minute changes. Audio options for presentations were a little limited - connecting a laptop into the room speakers was a only minor challenge for myself as a broadcast engineer with an appropriate adapter, but it was a long way from plug-and-play.

We had a banquet at the hotel our last night; and for a very reasonable price we had a *delicious* meal with plenty of food and a room set up in style with ample "wow factor" for our attendees. The staff was extremely accommodating with our wide variety of special dietary requests and our uncertain numbers leading up to the event.

Overall it was a well suited place to host a small event; with very helpful staff in all departments who were quick to respond to our every need, despite the slightly aging facility. The prices were a little on the high side for some things for a low budget group; but given the fantastic location (half a block from the Space Needle, EMP Museum, and Seattle Center; short walk or monorail ride into down town, fast access from I5 when the traffic was co-operating) it was a very good deal all around.

I would not hesitate to host another event in this hotel.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms give you a view of the space needle to the west.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 23, 2012

The hotel from the outside is hideous and the corridors are like those in the Coen brother's Barton Fink. Luckily the rooms are spacious, and the beds are comfy. But the rooms though big are a little airless. And the shower is diabolical - its controls are really difficult to manipulate and there was no hot water at 8.45 am and it never came back until the evening. The desk staff are friendly and very helpful though. In fact the desk clerk who suggested eating at the 5 Spot when we arrived at 11pm starving, deserves commendation. It is a great diner especially very late in the evening with an excellent range of local boutique beer! It is also 2 minutes from the monorail.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neil R
Reviewed July 20, 2012

While during my stay July 14-15 2012, I experienced an emergency where I had to get in touch with my daughter. At the time, a gentleman by the name of Tom was covering the desk, as the night manager, Ken, was off the property. Tom was excellent!!!!!!!! He went above and beyond trying to help me connect with my daughter. Even though I don't think he normally works the front desk, he did all he could do to help me. He was upbeat, concerned and very attentive to my needs. Once Ken came back, he took over from Tom and was so unhelpful and uncaring it took me by surprise as Tom had been so good. Ken had, to say the least, a sour disposition, never once did I see him smile, was unhelpful, was " to busy" to assist me.
The mornign of the fifteenth, when I went to breakfast, I was waiting to be seated. I was by myself, waiting, than, two more parties came after me. The woman seeting people, I believe her name might be Dana, bypassed me and seated the other two parties first. Now, I don't want to believe this could happen in this day and age, but it did make me think as the other two parties this waitress sat were of the same ethnic group as she. Felt like discrimination. Perception after all, is the reality. On the morning of the fifteenth, as I was checking out, a young man by the name of Justin was such a breath of fresh air compared to my dealings with Ken the previous evening. Justin was helpful, smiling, fun, humorous and a joy to work with. You really need to take a hard look at Ken as he does not represent your companay as I assume you would want him to. Thank you for the opportunity to review my stay.

Room Tip: Stayed in an executive King Room. I came up for the King Tut exhibit and this was one of the partne...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Helen G
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have stayed at my share of Best Westerns, and for a chain they did ok by me.. but now I need to regroup after this place.

I always like quiet rooms, so they put me on the same side as the building that's being demolitioned. They put me in a room where the garbage bins are under my window. And yes, there is "that" room. Oh, and they put me next to the elevator. I asked for this months ago.

Now for the negatives :
windows, rug all need updating. Rug had stains.
They've got the supposed green items, more like greenwashing. Things like a dispenser for unnamed shampoo/conditioner/lotion.
Location was kind of hidden in the bowels of Seattle despite the Space Needle's closeness.
Paid way, way too much for this hotel.

Now to the positives:
Staff though clueless about their whereabouts/location were "nice" enough.
The loud noise of the old a/c drowned out the sounds from outside.
The housekeeping staff seemed to be doing a great job despite what they were stuck working with.
Cheap flat tv screen - (I think I would have preferred an antique tv to match the surroundings.)
A remote that is supposed to keep you from getting germs? How much money did they have to pay to install that feature?
Wifi (FREE, and it actually was fast) (Ah, there's the REAL plus factor)
15.00 only parking fee. Great for Seattle!

Management - FOCUS on what needs to be changed and fixed and stop adding products that just increase the bad contrast of this place!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank likeslocalstuff
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Our family recentle stayed for 3 nights at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn. We wanted to stay in Seattle after our cruise and this hotel proved to be a very good choice. We stayed for three nights and encountered no problems of any kind. Because we needed to leave luggage right after disembarking from our cruise ship, we requested luggage storage until check-in time. The staff was very helpful with this, and we were able to tour the Seattle Center area while our rooms were being cleaned and readied for check in.

The hotel doesn't really feel like a 3-star facility and shows signs of "wear and tear", but our rooms were clean, spacious, and sufficient for our needs. We had a microwave, mini fridge, king sized bed, and flat screen TV. The free WiFi worked very well. The view out our window was not attractive, but for the price we paid, we just looked out at the skyline--not the ground level.

I felt the restaurant buffet was a bit expensive because I've stayed in many Best Western hotels that offer an expanded continental breakfast for no additional charge. This buffet offered scrambled eggs, cereal, make-your-own waffles, bacon, assorted breads, juices, etc. I wouldn't actually considered it a "hot meal" but it was good and was a reasonable option to fast food.

The real strengths of the hotel are its staff and location. They helped us with directions, setting up airport transportation, giving us coupons for local restuarants, and much more. I requested wake-up calls that came every morning right on time. Everyone I encountered was friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

The location of the hotel itself was perfect for our needs. It was close to the monorail, which we rode to downtown and back for our sightseeing around town. McDonald's was very near and so was Walgreen's. Everything was an easy walk, which saved us a good bit of money. There was no need to pay car rental or parking for a car. Yes, there were some homeless people in the area, but you see them throughout much of Seattle and other big cities too. They never offered to bother us, and we never felt unsafe during our stay.

The hotel is not new or fancy, but the strengths clearly outweigh any negatives, and I would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank thebusyone
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Have to say was a little worried about some of the reviews. But there was no need to worry. Our stay here was great. It was an easy trip on the light rail and then monorail from the airport. We only had to walk a couple blocks to get to our room. Our room was comfortable- nice and big, comfortable king size bed with nice bedding. We had a fridge and micro-wave in the room. There was a bar and restaurant. The bartender, Cheryl was great!!! Everyone was helpful at the hotel and the room was always cleaned well.
They have a couple of washer and dryers in the fitness room area - which is great when you travel light.
We had a view of the Space Needle which was great, too! There is a lot of talk about the noise. We slept great. One night there was emergency sirens from an ambulance or fire truck, but you are in a city after all and things happen. There were a couple of homeless people in the area- but again you are in a city. I never felt unsafe.
The monorail is right there and bus stops are all nearby. You can walk to the waterfront in 10 minutes even with your luggage. It was a great stay. I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Space Needle- it is awesome to see especially at night.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank swmom
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We loved this hotel. The location was wonderful and so was the price. The front desk personnel were very helpful and knowledgeable. Everything went crazy on our last night there. We were two childhood friends who met in Seattle for a vacation. We were talking about old times, just talking, no TV or music when we had a knock on the door. We asked who it was and the answer was "security, open the door". We did not, and when we called the front desk they said that there had been a complaint (lol) but the security people should not have asked us to open our door. I'm still confused about all of this nonsense. If there was a complaint, why didn't the front desk just call our room and ask us to keep it down. It's too bad that such a crazy thing happened, and we will never stay there again.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends