“Great location beside space needle - 5 minutes from downtown on sky train.”

Best Western Executive Inn
Ranked #53 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Clean, reasonably priced - we picked "eat sleep and park" package - decent deal. Great buffet breakfast. Helpful friendly staff. Overall good for 1 or 2 night stop over in Seattle.

Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Keith791

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We are stayting at the Best Western - Executive Inn in Seattle. The staff provided outstanding service: we especially appreciate the service provided by Kaylie to plan the stay and the outstanding effort to make our stay in Seattle fun. Danielle, and all the staff we met at the front desk went out of their way to provide oustanding customer service. The bartender from Hawaii (I can't remember his name) even recommended the best pizza rest. locally. Amazing service - this is really a Best Western Premier in my opinion. Very nice stay.

The breakfast was also outstanding, very good. The view of the Space Needle is show stopper amazing! I am looking at the Space Needle right now with the dark blue sky, and monorail going by . . . it is amazing! If you are going to Seattle, this is a very good hotel!

Room Tip: The view of the Space Needle is stunning from the 5th floor!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Daniel R
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We just wanted people be aware that this could happen to you.

We had booked 2 rooms for a party of 4, from a well known travel site for one night on our way back from or trip to Florida . I had paid for the rooms via this travel site well before we left on our holiday
And up to that point the holiday was perfect... then The Best Western incident happened.
We had arrived in Seattle after flying back from Florida around 11pm and was looking forward to a nice sleep at what looked like a very nice hotel, from what I saw from the hotel's website and was rated very high for its rooms and beds, which is what someone looks forward to after 8 hours in flight ,we also had to catch the Amtrak train back to Vancouver B.C @ 7:40am the next morning.
When we arrived at the hotel from the airport the limo driver unloaded our bags as we had 8 bags between the 4 of us and and we put them on the ground and waited for a bellman who never came. I sent my wife,daughter and mother into the lobby as I dealt with the bags on the ground. when I did walk in and talked with desk staff the lady there looked at me strangely and informed me that the staff before her shift had given our rooms to another party ,even though my credit card was the one on file. She then asked me for ID to prove to her who I was. I suggested that they might have done that to the party who they had given our rooms too, and then asked how this could happen when the names given by the party that occupied our paid rooms did not even come close to our parties name. The front desk just looked at me , my 79 year old mother and wife and daughter and apologized for the mix up. When we asked for replacement rooms they told us that they had none. Wonderful stuck in Seattle and it is now after midnight, I asked the staff what they were going to do and they told us they would set us up in their sister hotel.
What a joke that was, we loaded our bags ourselves into a taxi that would not even get out of the car and was taken over to the sister hotel called the Six Avenue Inn, which looked like a run down back alley motel, which had a stench of stale beer in the stained carpeted lobby .with the local homeless sleeping in the lobby. We were appalled and refused to stay in such a run down place after what we had booked at the best western plus executive inn on 200 Taylor Ave. By 2am they agreed to set us up at local Holiday inn express and we agreed after they told us they would cover the competitor's hotel cost for the inconvenience . The Holiday inn was a nice experience as their staff was very accommodating. Since that horrible night at the best western, I have contacted the travel website 3 times in the last 8 days and they tried to contact the hotel
To remedy the ordeal,each time the contacted the hotel they were told the manager was unavailable and to try back,one travel customer service person told me that they we even hung up on as they tried to call back a second time. I know i have rambled on but if I can save one person from this disaster I will be satisfied that Best Western does not get a chance to do this to someone else who pays in advance and still gets the worst customer service i ever had experienced. By the way ,when we got to our Holiday Inn rooms it was around 3am so i sat up in my bed and clock watched for 5am to come so we could catch our train home. We still are waiting for best western to fix this problem, even though we received a nice email from head office saying that they will be in touch that was 8 days ago. I suggest trying one of the other chains of hotels in Seattle to avoid this happening to your family.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
13  Thank CollinsFamilyCanada
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I was attending a breakfast meeting at this hotel yesterday. the breakfast that was served was outstandaing. The eggs were prepared just right, the bacon and home fries were perfect. I really apprecated the attention to detail shown by the staff. Nicly done.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jack M
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This hotel is across the street then exactly 1 block from the Space Needle. All the rooms on the west side will have an excellent view of it. The hotel provided a good stay for me.
Pros:
Wide, spacious room
Good value for being near the central business district
Big flatscreen TV (I didn't turn it on so I can't comment on HD availability)
Breakfast buffet was good quality, and quite varied in selections available. You do pay for the buffet however, unlike some other Best Western properties. The price is reasonable and children eat free.
Comfortable bed
Closest lodging to the Space Needle
Although it has been updated, the hotel maintains a retro feel, much like the Space Needle.
Cons:
Parking costs extra

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ajnuff
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Nice motel, clean, rooms are warm and smell good. Bathrooms clean. Has free wifi! Parking is $18/night, but this is good considering most of the other motels and hotels charge $25. Great blackout drapes, quiet neighborhood. Restaurant is a little pricey, but nice. Restaurant only open at odd times but there is a McDonald's on the next block. This place is almost next to the Space Needle!
I like this place, handy and inviting with terrific front desk staff.

Room Tip: Space Needle side gets the evening sun and is pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank blball520
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Excellent location, 2 blocks far from Space Needle. The restaurant had a perfect breakfast buffet, and the parking was free. 5 minutes driving to main spots in downtown.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple