The Loyal Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
$139
$449
$259
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
$126
  • Breakfast included
$149
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsspace needledenny parkhot tubwhole foodswalking distancecontinental breakfastwaffle makeryogurtseattle centerminute walkwould stay againparking feeclose to downtownbeds were comfortablefront desk staffpike placeacross the street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 9, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for 7 nights. The room itself was not bad, it was clean and roomy. But the hotel as a whole was very used and suffered from several bad issues. Our room was on the 4th floor so we were not disturbed by neighbors above but our friends stayed on the 2nd floor and they could hear every move from above. The rooms were clean but the public areas (dining room, elevator) were a lot worse. The worst thing, however, was the breakfast. Seriously, you had to fight for tables, food, everything. We did not understand why a hotel of approx. 80 rooms has only 12 tables accommodating 2-4 persons at a time. Overall, this is the worst Best Western we stayed in and we would not stay there again when in Seattle.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank OP255
ianmcclendon, Ian Robet McClendon, Assistant General Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. I am very sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay with us and I promise that I am taking all of your comments very seriously. I am meeting with my Vice President tomorrow and do a walk through of the breakfast room so that we can find some way to expand it. Thank you again for your comments and I promise you that we will use this review to make sure we improve and provide a great hotel for all of our guests. we rely on valuable feedback like this and we appreciate you taking the time so that we can better our business. Have a great evening!

Reviewed September 7, 2010

I stayed at this hotel whilst in Seattle to visit local attractions Hendrix exhibition and memorial. Fitness spa facilitiies were provided free and i enjoyed a relaxing sauna after a long days travelling from B.C. Location was handy for most things,I could watch space needle lift at night from my window and the hotel was within easy walking distance to Pike place. The shower is very good but beware it will take your head off if youre not careful, really powerful in comparison to most places, i loved it though, so refreshing!
Staff were very friendly and helpful when in need of towels to go to sauna/ spa.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Baldyscone
ianmcclendon, Ian Robert McClendon, Assistant General Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2010

The Experience Music Project is an amazing attraction and I am thrilled that you had a chance to enjoy it. We are located just blocks away from there and it really is great that we can send our guests there. I am glad that you enjoyed our new sauna that we have added to our excercise room. I also think it is a great way to relax after a long day milling around town. Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel and we hope to see you back very soon! Have a great rest of the week and we will look forward to seeing you in Seattle again!

Reviewed August 31, 2010

First off, let me say that we found Seattle to be incredibly difficult in terms of finding an affordable place to stay. It was nearly impossible, to be exact. This one isn't as cheap as some places, but it was within our price range. Just don't expect too much when you come here! Seattle IS expensive! To us, 4 nights felt very long here, but it was bearable and there were no major "no-nos" like bedbugs.

Pros: continental breakfast including waffles, location close to public transport (e.g. bus to Pike's Place) and staff willing to explain this, parking at 10 Dollars per night, walking distance from Space Needle

Cons: the most uncomfortable beds ever, fairly narrow beds for 2 people, an awful odour in the rooms which they ironically call "Nature's Mist", windows that won't open and weak AC, staff failed to register my parking after I told them so I got a ticket which they then sorted out for me, a bumpy parking lot, ugly carpets, synthetic and smelly sheets that make you sweat

In short, we had a few uncomfortable, smelly, sweaty nights here, but the breakfast was decent and the motel was convenient for us because it was close to downtown.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
ianmcclendon, Ian Robert McClendon, Assistant General Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2010

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very thankful for your business and I would like to personally apologize for any inconvienances during your stay with us. You mention several things in your review and I would like to clarify some details of your comments. The first item I would like to touch on is our parking lot. We have recently spent tens of thousands of dollars on re-surfacing our parking lot. The only hard part about this situation is we are on a hill and yes, there is an incline in the parking lot. But again, we have just re-surfaced and sealed our parking lot not more than two months ago. You also mentioned our sheets make you sweat. I am very sorry that you felt our sheets were uncomfortable, but we use a 250 thread count 100 percent cotton sheet. We do have a company professionally launder our sheets, so there could maybe be a chemical in that process, but I have not heard complaints about our sheets before. In efforts to not have a 10 page report on your comments I am going to close with the fact that my company will do anything that is necessary to make sure our guest's have a nice stay. We do have an older building, but we clean it very well, we spend money appropriately to upkeep it and we are very proud of our warm and welcoming staff. I would love to have you stay with us again and I will promise you that you will have nothing but a wonderful time with us. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel

Reviewed August 31, 2010

We thought we got good value for our money. The room was older but clean, quiet & the air conditioner worked well. The staff was friendly & helpful and the breakfast that is included was great.
We were able to walk to the Space Needle, Pikes Place Market and Pioneer Square. This hotel is located a couple of blocks out of the "Free Bus Zone" so if a person wasn't able to walk distances they could easily walk to a free bus. The monorail also goes from the Space Needle to the Westlake Center if you want to experience that.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

I am thrilled that you had a good experience at our hotel! We know that we are lucky to be surrounded by many transportation options and it really does provide many good possibilities for getting around town. Our city is just making it easier and easier for people to get around without a car, so look forward to that as well. I will pass your praise on to my staff and thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay. Have a great rest of the week!

Reviewed August 23, 2010

Overall I found the Loyal Inn a good hotel. It was an easy walk to the City Centre and it felt safe. Its only a very short walk away from the space needle. The rooms are clean and spacious and I found the reseption very helpful. The breakfast is good and I didn't have any problems finding a space. For me the only couple of downsides were noisy showers that you could hear from an adjoining room and the lack of restaurants close to the hotel (saying that I said earlier that it ddn't take long to walk to the centre!)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Like you said in your review, we work very hard to keep out rooms clean and up to date. I appreciate your comment regarding our showers and we need to look into this issue. I was not aware that you can hear showers from the room next door, but this is great insight and exactly the type of feedback that will make our hotel better. I have a meeting with my chief engineer tomorrow and I will make sure to make this our number one issue for tomorrow. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and have a great day!