“Ok but probably wouldn't go back.”
Review of The Loyal Inn

The Loyal Inn
Ranked #59 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed June 28, 2009

I arrived before noon and they let me check in early, which was nice. Of the 3 front desk people I dealt with, one was pleasant and helpful and the other two appeared annoyed that I was bothering them.
The window in my room did not lock and when I mentioned this to the front desk, they basically told me not to worry about it because my room was on the 3rd floor.
The complimentary breakfast is amazing - waffles, yogurt, cereal, toast, coffee, juice, muffins, danishes, and probably a few more things I didn't notice.
I didn't rent a car and was able to walk everywhere I wanted to go, including Safeco Field and Pike Place Market, but it was quite a far walk. The hotel is close to Westlake Center, where you can catch a free bus and ride anywhere in the downtown, if you don't want to walk.
It's about a 5-10 minute walk to Seattle Center (Experience Music Project, Space Needle, etc).
My room was clean but nothing fancy.
Next time I might pick a hotel further away and just take a taxi downtown. For $139/night I could probably find something better.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank daisygirl31
BWLOYALINN, Front Office Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2009

I'm sorry we haven't met your expectations. We do take customer service very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience you might have faced.

We hope to have you as a customer in the future and we will work to beat your expectations next time.

If you are in the Seattle Area please call for the Front Desk Manager and we will make sure you are taken care of to the best of our abilities.

Reviewed May 25, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights on the second part of our trip because it was convenient to the Space Needle and because we were checking out at 3AM and did not want to spend a lot of money. For an expensive hotel, it met my expectations. It was clean and the room was a decent size. The hot time is pretty nice as well. Breakfast was ok, but not fabulous as some say. It is your typical continental breakfast with waffles (which I've seen before). It's a carb fest, lacking fruit and yogurt. The coffee was terrible, especially for being in Seattle. I had no requests or complaints, and therefore, cannot vouch for the friendliness of the staff. In sum, I would recommend only if looking for a budget hotel; in that category it is decent.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Flutegarden
BWLOYALINN, Front Office Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2009

Thank you for commenting on our hotel. We do provide a variety of fruit and yogurt as well as waffles and breakfast sandwiches.

I hope we have the oppurtunity to accomadate you again.

Reviewed May 20, 2009

Hotel was located .4 miles from Space Needle/Space Center. There were other hotels right next door or within immediate area (Holiday Inn, Ramada, Travelodge, etc.). The rooms were small and there were tiny/thin blankets that couldnt wrap up a newborn alone...The bathroom could have been cleaner as well as the rug. When I asked the housekeeper for face clothes bc we didnt have any, she went on to say that there WERE in fact face clothes in there and kept walking away from me (there were none, but why fight with her). The service could have been much better seeing that I told the desk person that my air conditioner was broken and my room was over 100 degrees. She responded by asking me what she wanted her to do about it and that it was my fault it was broken.
On the bright side, the breakfast was incredible with a wide variety of choices. However, it was usually packed (cant see how that many people were staying at the hotel at all times.)
The neighborhood did not seem that bad except for a lot of homeless people wandering around (I saw one of them walking away with a suitcase from the front door...dont really think it was his :)).
Overall, I didnt mind the location of the hotel but was really discouraged with the service I received....

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank irishfitzy
BWLOYALINN, Front Office Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2009

Thank you for commenting on the hotel.
I'm sorry you had some negative experiences during your stay with us. Service is a priority to us and we will work harder to make sure instances that you've experienced no longer happen.

If you ever come back to our area please contact the Front Office Manage (John) and we will make certain that your stay is a satifying one.

Reviewed April 30, 2009

The young man at the desk was very snotty & made rude comments to guests at the complimentary breakfast when he came in for a cup of coffee. The front desk staff was generally unfriendly & acted like they hated their jobs. They gave our room to a nice young couple the same day we checked in, then front desk staff called my room to tell me I was supposed to be in another room!!!! This poor couple was standing in the hallway with their mouths hanging open & a card key with my room # on it!!!! There were no extra pillows or blankets - I had to ask for a blanket. I will not be staying there again - there are other choices.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank vicVanc0uver

I apologize for the negative experiences you had with us during your stay. We have been working hard at making sure that all of our employees are helpful and pleasant.

I hope to have another oppurtunity to accomodate you next time you visit Seattle.

If you ever stay with us again, I think you will see the difference.

Reviewed February 13, 2009

We were very unsatisfied with our recent stay at the Best Western Loyal in Seattle. It started when I called to make the reservation. I was asked to call back in 15 minutes to make a reservation. I called back and talked to the security officer instead of the normal front desk personnel. It took him about 10 minutes to try to make our reservation before he handed the phone to the front desk person then we had to restart the whole process of checking in.

When we first entered our room we found a dirty black sock under the desk.

At about 7pm we started noticing a weird smell. I went into the hallway and the smell was way worse. We were in room 207 at the end of the hallway and there was a strong smell of marijuana coming from the area of 204. I notified the front desk and he said he would have someone come up and look into it. I waiting in the hallway for over half a hour and no one showed. The smell just got worse all night and gave my wife a bad headache. At 9pm I went down and asked them for a extra blanket. He stated I will send one right up and we waited a hour and it never showed so we went to bed no one ever brought it

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank beghtel82
Reviewed January 7, 2009

When returning from Hawaii, we stopped at Seattle in this hotel. And we didn't regret it! We arrived in the very morning (10AM) and settled in our room immediatly, and we really did appreciate that.
The room was big, king size bed and comfortable, bathroom very enjoyable too. Room was also very calm. The lift gives you a view on the different levels thanks to glass transparency which was very nice because we were in Seattle just for the snow storm!
Location is very good too (space needle and downtown are at a walkable distance).
Breakfast is complementary and very good.
SPA, fitness room and sauna are also available for free.
A really good choice for the price (~$80).

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank JeanMars
Reviewed January 5, 2009

My friends and I do a road trip to a different NFL venue every year. This was a great place to stay in Seattle. We like to hit up a few tourist spots in addition to the stadium itself and this hotel proved the perfect location to accomplish that. It's within easy walking distance of The Space Needle, Pike Place Market, and basically anywhere downtown. If you have no problem walking, you can even walk to the stadiums with little issue (45 minutes, maybe?), which we did. As for the hotel itself, it's been recently remodeled so it's very clean and modern. The bedding was the most comfortable I've experienced in recent memory, and the breakfast is very legit (it's beyond a continental breakfast but not quite a "real" breakfast). The price was a ridiculous bargain ($75/night) but this place was so perfect for what we were looking for, I would've been happy if I'd paid $125. The staff was very friendly, great location, outstanding pricing. It's the dream scenario for a budget traveler looking for the ideal location, but it has enough frills that even a more high maintenance individual would be more than happy.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kareemtownes