“Very comfortable stay”

Ranked #62 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Kingston, Jamaica
“Very comfortable stay”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I had a very comfortable stay at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. We arrived early morning after 1:00am and the reception staff were friendly and helpful - showing us were the luggage cart was. The room we had was bright, spacious and comfortable. It had a queen size bed which was very comfortable, and with a whisper quiet air conditioning we slept well. The bathroom was clean and with really modern fixtures.

The hotel offers a continental breakfast and we found the dining room very pleasant and the breakfast choice offered a variety of cereals, fruits, yoghurts, and bread and pastries with real plates and cutlery in steady of paper plates and plastic forks. A great touch.

A clean bright room, proximity to the pier if you're going on a cruise (about a 15 minute drive) as well as to downtown sights and amenities. A great location. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you're a couple choose a room with a queen size bed. For those who are noise sensitive, choo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria D, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for that wonderful review! Thank you for sharing your epxerience with us and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and you enjoyed the room you were in as well as breakfast! I am also happy to hear that the team was able to provide excellent customer service during your stay. I will share this with the team. Thank you for staying with us again and we hope to see you soon!

BEST WESTERN Loyal Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 18, 2013

For $150 a night I expected a little more. The rooms are worn out, the walls are PAPER THIN, and the amenities are limited. The staff were very nice and helpful but I couldn't sleep because of the noise from outside and inside.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Maria D, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. My apologies if you were unable to sleep because of the noise from outside and inside the hotel. Our location is right off the main street which is Denny Way thus street noise is something we are unable to control. We do offer ear plugs at the front desk. Please accept my apologies and we hope you stay with us again. I am happy to hear that the staff provided excellent customer service during your stay!

BEST WESTERN Loyal Inn
rochester, wa
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went to see a friend in Virginia Mason Hospital. Was able to see a few sights and eat a few great meals. The hotel was old but charming and clean. You could feel the old vibe it had when it was new and at the crossroads of everything that was going on around it back in the day. The Space Needle was visible, creeping up over the building behind us in the sunset. Ordered a fantastic pizza at midnight, and the desk clerk even brought us plates and silverware. Met very friendly vacationers along with the fun and helpful staff. I loved the whole experience, especially because I got to spend some time with my best friends of 25 years, even though one of them was in the hospital.

Room Tip: I imagine every room was about the same. Bathrooms are on the small side. If you use a walker, ask f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kay g
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are about a 6 minute driving away from Virginia Mason Hospital (according to google maps!). I am very happy to hear that you were able to find the rooms clean and that you enjoyed the sights in Seattle. I am glad that over all, you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you soon the next time you visit Seattle.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Starting with the premise that nobody looking for a swank hotel stay books a Best Western, I have to say that this was a great find. The rooms are clean and well air-conditioned; the beds are doubles but very comfortable; the front desk staff is excellent; and the breakfast includes waffle makers! The location is a 5 minute walk from the Space Needle and the monorail to downtown, and this hotel was much cheaper than the more centrally located Best Western. All in all, I think it's a Seattle bargain and I'm glad we booked.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Loyal Inn. I am also glad that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and the 'make-your-own-waffle' that we offer. They are really delicious and comes with the original flavor and flavored ones! (I love the blueberry flavor!). We hope you come stay with us again the next time you visit Seattle.

Richmond, Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Good location, helpful staff, clean and comfortable room. Good value for Seattle- did have to pay for parking- must be a Seattle thing- it seems you have to pay to park everywhere. Some road noise but did not bother us. Several good restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast was good- clean area

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Indeed, we are right in the heart of downtown and we are within walking distance to most of the tourist areas. I am glad that you were able to find the team helpful and you enjoyed your stay. Also, we are the only hotel property in Downtown Seattle that charges $10 a night before taxes for parking, the range for parking in Downtown is between $15-35.

Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was a bit cautious about this after a bad best western experience, but was pleasantly surprised, staff were very helpful, bed was excellent, room was clean and spacious.
The down sides were the noisy air con unit in our room (but I was so tired I slept anyway) and the shower which promised a good one but the shower spray was too wide and resulted in a poor flow. Breakfast was ok, self serve, but on real plates (not plastic) and it was all clean and tidy.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the hotel. I am pleased to hear that you were able to find the team helpful and you were able to enjoy your stay. I will share your comments with the maintenance team about the shower, I apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you stay with us again the next time you visit Seattle.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location for Space Needle, EMP, Science Museum ~5min walk. Pikes Place is about 15min and Macys/Gap about 10mins. We stayed for a quick overnight visit and this hotel was cheap and cheerful, meeting our needs. Pros: ok location, ok neighbourhood, cutlery and china plates for breakfast a nice touch, breakfast sufficient, parking only $10, allowed us to park until 5pm day of checkout, price was good for location, clean room and sheets, staff polite and helpful. Cons: dated hotel, double beds only (but comfy), old aircons, hot water made a very loud screeching noise in our room, no soap supplied (canister empty), generally noisy - road noise, hotel carpark open but we managed to park on the side of the hotel. I would stay here again for a quick trip to Seattle to save $$ and still have a reasonable stay. The only thing I really disliked was noisy water and double beds a bit small for a longer stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Miner_Adventures
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the hotel's location and you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast. I am also happy to hear that you were able to find the rooms clean and the staff polite and helpful. I am sorry to hear about the hot water noise in the room, I will share this with our maintenance team. Also, we do have King size beds as well as Queen size beds, i am sorry you had full size beds.