“Great location, bad hotel.”
Review of The Loyal Inn

The Loyal Inn
Ranked #63 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

We stay here for 3 nights, the location was great walking distance to all the major attractions, the rooms are small, the carpet was dirty, the bathroom was small as well, my friend ask a maid for extra towels and she gave him a lecture on how other guest reused their towels and that it would help the environment if we do the same thing.

I plan on going back to Seattle but I will not be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Uli4u2000
Maria D, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I would like to apologize about your experience in our hotel. I will share your comments with the housekeeping team. Our hotel participates in an Eco-Friendly Program and so we do share it with our guests, please accept my apologies if it seemed like our housekeeper were lecturing you about this program. If you could please contact me directly the next time you visit Seattle and i will personally assist you with your reservation.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I recently spent four nights here as we toured around Seattle. There was nothing extra fancy but our room was clean and the staff were pleasant. The location is great, proximity to the Space Needle and ocean were great. With a bit of leg work you can walk down to Pike Place Market quite easily. A Whole Foods store located a block away provided us with fresh lunches and alll the snacks we needed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GertrudeK

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback! I am happy to hear that you did find our hotel clean and that our team was able to provide excellent customer service during your stay. Indeed, we are located in the heart of downtown and the Pike Place Market and Seattle Center is just within walking distance from the hotel. We hope to see you soon the next time you come visit Seattle. You may reach me at mdiangco@clisehotels.com

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed here because it was a fair price in a fairly central location. We could see the Space Needle from our window. We had a room on the 2nd floor but it was really noisy so they moved us to the 3rd floor. Mistake. This was Sept. 2012. The girl at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. While the room on the 2nd floor was noisy, because the alley and parking are right outside the window, it was at least clean and smelled fresh. When the moved us to the 3rd floor the room was horrible. It smelled really bad and the repair work that had been done on the walls was sub-par. It was also not nearly as clean as the room on the 2nd floor. They were so nice in moving us that I did not ask to be moved again but they should talk to housekeeping and be sure the same standards apply to all rooms in the hotel. I had to walk to the Walgreen's which was about a block or two away and buy Fabreze and keep spraying the floor. I hope they shampoo them soon.

They try to keep the place nice but repeatedly painting over wall paper does not work. They were repainting the walls in the main areas of the first floor. It looked fine because their is no wall damage. But the 3rd floor room was another story. Wall repair work just takes a little practice and it can easily be done, I know because I have done it and it is not my profession. They need to work on this with the maintenance staff.

The bed was comfortable, and the room furnished nicely. The breakfast was pretty good but they could use a little more room. The hot tub area was immaculate. The exercise room appeared to be clean as well. The built in shower gell/shampoo dispenser is a nice idea but they were cheap so they could not stand up the abuse of commercial use. Only 1/2 of it worked. I would definitely stay their again because it is a great value and fairly quiet. The staff was really nice.

It is a fairly long walk to Pike Place Market, but we did it because we thought it would be easier than trying to find parking.

The one thing I would recommend which has nothing to do with the hotel....get the Seattle Pass. It would have really saved us some money and we would have been able to see more things. We did not find out about it soon enough. If we go back we will be getting the pass and seeing all the things we missed.

Oh, go and see Kerry Park. What a view. We almost did not go and I am so glad we made it. The view is spectacular. If we go back I will be going at night though because I imagine the view at night is breathtaking.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wanderer_not_lost

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you did enjoy the hotel's facilities especially the hot tub. I would also like to share with you that we are considered an Eco - Friendly hotel in downtown Seattle that is why we do have soap and lotion dispensers in the bathroom. This is to minimize bar soap wrappers and containers. We hope to see you soon in our beautiful city!

Please do not hesitate to reach me the next time you visit Seattle, you may reach me at mdiangco@clisehotels.com

Reviewed May 1, 2013

An incorrect bill was produced upon check out, I queried this and (in a nutshell) was told that as they had my credit card details they would take what they liked and I couldn't stop them. Receptionist was very unwilling to call a manager and then the manager was sarcastic, rude and obstructive. Gave my details to receptionist and was told I would be called back by a different manager by the next day. No contact was made. A week later I filed a complaint through the Best Western website. This contact was also sarcastic and despite me sending all the email evidence stating the correct price I had been quoted and the confirmation of this price from the manager (who was supposed to call me) I was told it didn't matter what I was quoted as it was wrong and so I wasn't getting a refund.
I lodged a dispute with my credit card company and was refunded the difference.
This experience ruined my trip so I'm just glad it happened when I was leaving.
Besides this, the room was freezing cold, the heater was far too loud to sleep with it on, the pipes were noisy all through the night and the shower screeched when in use.
But housekeeping were fantastic.

Room Tip: On a slope so 2nd floor at rear of hotel was ground floor looking right onto a car park and service...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank K H
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently travelled to Seattle. We are both students so we wanted to do our trip on "a shoestring budget." We got an excellent rate for this hotel. The location is perfect, its close to downtown so you can walk basically everywhere. Within walking distance to many excellent restaurants, shopping and site seeing such as the space needle and Chihuly glass gardens. Its also close to the great wheel, the aquarium and the columbia sky view. The hotel itself is decent. Its not amazing, but its perfect for what we needed. We stayed in room 226 and the roof above us was extremely loud and creaky (it literally sounded like a 400 lb person was jumping around above us sometimes).... this was something we both were unhappy with! The room was clean, bed was comfortable and the breakfast was decent... they added some hot items to the menu and it was pretty good. Free wifi was fast and nice to access. To park at the hotel it was $10/ day but be careful because there are lots of extra fees upon checkout (taxes). We messed up our check out date and ended up checking out at about 6:00pm instead of 11 and the front desk guy was very nice and didnt charge us an extra fee... Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it to a friend (given the price we got the room for). Thanks!

Room Tip: Dont stay in room 226- the room above is SOO loud (and the walls were pretty thin too... we could he...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane P

Dear Jane,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoted your stay with us. I would like to apologize however about the noise from directly above your room, i would like to share with you that we do have security that walks around the property if you do have noise complaints. I am happy to hear too that you were able to enjoy the free breakfast and free Internet Access in your room.

Please do not hesitate to email me the next time you come visit Seattle. You may reach me at mdiangco@clisehotels.com

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great location. The staff is very nice. Good breakfast.
Great bed.
Stayed here for business and was glad to f7nd out how close to the trolley it is. It is also close to public transportation.
We will be staying here again. Maria the manager is very accomodating. We had a small issue and she took care if it immediately.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Clay L
Maria D, Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Mr Clayton,

I am so happy to have you once again in our hotel. Thank you for the wonderful comment! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you are able to find your bed comfortable. Indeed, the hotel's location is within walking distance of most of the tourist spot in Downtown Seattle. We are happy to have you back and we do hope to see you again, very soon. Please do not hesitate to reach me the next time you visit Seattle.

Clise Properties- Hotel Division
Best Western- Loyal Inn
Direct: (206) 682-0200
Fax : (206) 467-8984

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there in Jan 2013. Location is good for Space Needle and Science Center and the breakfast offering is very good. Large, clean room, very functional and not bad for the price. Recommend to anyone needing to stay fairly central and is on a bit of a budget. Staff were very nice too!

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comment and for taking the time to leave a feedback to share your experience in our hotel. Indeed, our location is within walking distance to Seattle Center and I am glad that you were able to enjoy our free breakfast offering. I am pleased to hear as well that our team provided exceptional customer service during your stay. Thank you for recommending our hotel and we hope to see you very soon in Seattle.

Clise Properties- Hotel Division