“Close to every thing,friendly and clean hotel.”

Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel
Ranked #34 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed March 19, 2010

This is our second stay and we really enjoyed it! The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is old (everything in Pioneer Square is old) but has been beautifly remodeled without loosing any of it's charm. Great free breakfast with lots of choices. Very close to all the the best that Seattle has to offer-PLUS it's on the Free Bus route so if you can't /won't walk the few blocks to Pike St market you can catch the bus.This would be a great choice if you're attending a Mariners or Seahawks game-it's just down the street to the stadiums.We'll be back.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kiwisteve57
Write a ReviewReviews (1,620)

Reviewed March 11, 2010

It was an amazing place, didnt even notice it being there. The building is old building, but i love its boutique style. rooms were clean, people were super friendly. i love their deluxe continental breakfast, very close to tunnel underground and couple of blocks away from water. just perfect hotel in a perfect hip part of a hip city. The only thing i didnt like about the hotel is that their parking is not free!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2010

My husbad and I came for a quick trip midweek to visit family and were greeted with wonderful hopspitality and were upgraded to a beautiful suite overlooking the city street and skyscrapers above. We visited family before seeing our room then returned later, upon returning there was a bottle of bubbly chilling. We stepped out for a bite at Little Italy next door to the hotel and then retired in our beautiful suite.
Continental breakfast was good and the staff as usual was terrific!
Would recommend staying at this hotel if you are looking for something a little different and have time to enjoy the heart of Seattle.
"cheers my friends"
Chris & Cindy

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2010

My friend and I stayed at the BW Pioneer Square two nights. It's in a great location, close to Amtrak and easy walking to Pike Place, Seattle Art Museum and downtown shopping. It's an historic old building so the rooms and bathrooms are small (as are the lobby and breakfast room), but it's very comfortable and beautifully refurbished. Take the stairs instead of the elevator and check out the carpets on the stairs and landings,--beautiful! Clean, great service, great Best Western self serve breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank DayTripperVicotriaBC
Reviewed January 23, 2010

We stayed at the Pioneer Square Hotel Jan 22nd using the Entertainment discount - the experience far exceeded our expectations!! When I called to book our two rooms, Alex was very helpful. He told us how close the hotel was to the Waterfront, the Underground, shops, Pike Street Market. We got a very good price for our two rooms.
I was very suprised at how beautifully decorated the hotel and rooms were, very clean, provided delicious breakfast with waffles. The staff, including Michael at the front desk, was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The only downside was the view from our window was another building, but the sheer curtains concealed the view while providing plenty of light into the rooms. I would highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Sally1956
Reviewed January 23, 2010

I usually stay by the Public Market, but this was fantastic. The hotel is small, quaint, totally clean and quiet, with a little European-like breakfast room. You can ask the concierge anything! It rained during my 2 day stay. Not only did I receive an umbrella each day, but everything downtown was walkable or close to free ride, bus or train. Restaurants and bars are close for evening meals and nightcaps; I felt safe on my own. I discovered the Pioneer Square underground Transit Tunnel stop 2 blocks up from the hotel, and the free bus from there to the International District (Uwajimaya just across the street) one stop away. This is the same station for the train to the airport, about a half hour trip for $2.50 (only detriment a long walk to the terminal at the end). The hotel is super for staff, service, quiet, convenience, and proximity to downtown and airport by foot or public transportation. I couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2010

I stay in Seattle a few times a year, usually at one of the Marriotts. Since I was arriving by train and leaving by the train the next day I wasn't keen to go all the way up to the centre of downtown and come back at the crack of dawn.

I've read the reviews for the Pioneer Sq. BW a few times and they seemed to be consistently positive. Everything I've read is accurate. It's a nice clean, well maintained, quiet hotel. I got a good rate through the BW website. I arrived about 10:30 am and although I didn't get the type of room I booked I was happy to be given a room on arrival.

The breakfast is fine, typical sort of self-serve continental breakfast.

In my opinion the area is not unsafe but it could be uncomfortable for some at night. Transit if free in downtown Seattle during the day (I'm not sure about weekends) so getting around the city centre is a snap for those who'd rather not walk.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo