“Fantastic Hotel - very convenient to Seattle attractions”

Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel
Ranked #31 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Portland, Oregon
“Fantastic Hotel - very convenient to Seattle attractions”
Reviewed January 23, 2010

We stayed at the Pioneer Square Hotel Jan 22nd using the Entertainment discount - the experience far exceeded our expectations!! When I called to book our two rooms, Alex was very helpful. He told us how close the hotel was to the Waterfront, the Underground, shops, Pike Street Market. We got a very good price for our two rooms.
I was very suprised at how beautifully decorated the hotel and rooms were, very clean, provided delicious breakfast with waffles. The staff, including Michael at the front desk, was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The only downside was the view from our window was another building, but the sheer curtains concealed the view while providing plenty of light into the rooms. I would highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Sally1956

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Alaska
Reviewed January 23, 2010

I usually stay by the Public Market, but this was fantastic. The hotel is small, quaint, totally clean and quiet, with a little European-like breakfast room. You can ask the concierge anything! It rained during my 2 day stay. Not only did I receive an umbrella each day, but everything downtown was walkable or close to free ride, bus or train. Restaurants and bars are close for evening meals and nightcaps; I felt safe on my own. I discovered the Pioneer Square underground Transit Tunnel stop 2 blocks up from the hotel, and the free bus from there to the International District (Uwajimaya just across the street) one stop away. This is the same station for the train to the airport, about a half hour trip for $2.50 (only detriment a long walk to the terminal at the end). The hotel is super for staff, service, quiet, convenience, and proximity to downtown and airport by foot or public transportation. I couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
B.C.
Reviewed January 19, 2010

I stay in Seattle a few times a year, usually at one of the Marriotts. Since I was arriving by train and leaving by the train the next day I wasn't keen to go all the way up to the centre of downtown and come back at the crack of dawn.

I've read the reviews for the Pioneer Sq. BW a few times and they seemed to be consistently positive. Everything I've read is accurate. It's a nice clean, well maintained, quiet hotel. I got a good rate through the BW website. I arrived about 10:30 am and although I didn't get the type of room I booked I was happy to be given a room on arrival.

The breakfast is fine, typical sort of self-serve continental breakfast.

In my opinion the area is not unsafe but it could be uncomfortable for some at night. Transit if free in downtown Seattle during the day (I'm not sure about weekends) so getting around the city centre is a snap for those who'd rather not walk.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Michigan
Reviewed January 10, 2010

Overall the hotel was not a bad one. The thing that turned us off about the trip was the location of the hotel. While staying there my family got approached by homeless people everyday, at least 4 times a day while we walked around the Pioneer District. Enough to make you feel uncomfortable with a baby in tow. Also on the last night of our stay, my father got propositioned by a homeless woman on his way back from the parking garage alone. The bell men at the hotel were very friendly, and the rooms were clean. Breakfast was average, and nothing to write home about. Then again though, it was free. If we were to go to Seattle again, I would spend more money to stay somewhere else. The savings that this hotel offers compared to the more expensive ones downtown were not worth it. This was the first Tripadvisor.com rating that I truly felt was over-rated and incorrect.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Denver
Reviewed January 10, 2010

Seattle is one of my favorite cities and i had not visited in a long time. So my husband and I planned a long weekend there. The Best western was a great choice for us to get reaquainted with this fabulous city. They hotel was perfect and the location too. the staff were helpful in every way. And the price was great too, leaving us extra money to splurge on other things!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Danville, California
Reviewed December 18, 2009

The staff at this hotel went all out. From the day I checked in, I was treated like I was very special. I even participated in decorating the beautiful Christmas tree in the lobby, drinking hot cocoa from Starbucks! The concierges (all) were outstanding. Everyone, without exception, was friendly and helpful. The hotel is located close to Pike Place and downtown, definitely walking distance and the weather was exceptional for this time of year and that helped a lot. The only drawback was the area is a little sketchy at night, so I'd recommend being aware of your surroundings in the evening. The accommodations were pleasant, and the bed was very comfortable.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
california
Reviewed December 2, 2009

Good location, walking distance to International District and the Downtown shopping area, but in the immediate area, not much is open later in the evening. The staff is just so darn chipper that you can't help but be in a good mood even after a crappy flight. We checked in and got upgraded to a suite with a balcony and nice overlook. Very nice of them to offer - most hotels wouldn't even in the deadest of off-season. The internet is free, the rooms are comfy, and the toiletries are Neutrogena. Can't ask for more if I'm looking to spend less then $90 for prime locale. Parking is a pain --$20, but I can't really fault them. It's pretty much all paid limited parking. A little secret, walk all the way up the hill on Yesler toward residential and there will be free parking, unlimited. Also try next to the fire station, just east of Yesler. It's about .5 mile walk.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple