“Great Suprise.”

Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel
Ranked #32 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Having moved from the Hyatt Regency in Vancouver for a short week end in Seattle we decided to spare the cash and book into the inexpensive best western in Seattle. Much to our surprise this was a very well run and most pleasant hotel. The rooms were spotlessly clean and spacious the breakfast provided was excellent and the staff were most helpful. The location was not so bad given that a lot of areas in Seattle are occupied with people that have not being so fortunate in life and some look a bit on the rough side. The Pike Market is quite close as is the waterfront. To summarize very reasonable cosy hotel and we did enjoy our stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pat H
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel

Reviewed June 9, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Douglas M
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Got in about 7:00 AM after a red eye from Honolulu to Seattle. Effortlessly got the LINK light rail from SEATAC, down to within a half-mile of Best Western Plus Pioneer Square. I'd informed them I'd be in early and two days before my trip, got a return email from management telling me they'd do their best to have a room around the time I arrived. Upon arriving, there wasn't anything available, but they took my luggage and pointed me to the breakfast room where I had a waffle and some eggs and juice and just relaxed. About 8:00, I got a call that my room was ready. I went up to the third floor to a HUGE room with a HUGE bed and a HUGE TV - which I actually watched later in the afternoon after waking up. As a nice bonus, they sent up a couple fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies and a couple bottles of spring water. All in all, a VERY pleasant experience for this very worn out traveler. Should I pass through Seattle again, I'll be sure to stay there!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank mrc050
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stay at this hotel every time we go to seattle.
The rooms are quaint .
You can walk to the ball park there is a full bar next door and around the corner you can listen to music as well.
everything is right at your finger tips .
you can also walk to pikes market .
love this place.
It is also $20.00 to park your car for 24 hours not bad The other hotels are more
The Barschaks

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms that I know of .
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dianabarschak
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel was just what we were looking for. It was close to all the things we wanted to see and do, all within walking distance! The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was lovely and cozy. The wifi was a tad slow at times.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Wendy W
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a smaller king size room that seemed to shake all day and night, my husband and I felt dizzy most of the time spent in our room, this is to be expected in an older hotel though. When we arrived there were many staff members milling about and they were all very nice, but for two days after we hardly saw anyone who worked at the hotel. This place was very clean, inside the rooms and in the common areas. The location is walking distance to the waterfront and pike place market. We saw a train stop a few blocks away, which is reasonably close. The pioneer square area is a bit on the dicey side however. A lot of homeless seem to congregate around the totem polls in the area. I think that for the size of the room it was overpriced. But it is in a quieter part of the city, so it was worth the extra money to stay out of the crush of the tourist trap areas.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Carrie_Dame_82
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We spent two nights recently at this hotel. They have 72 rooms spread over 4 floors. We had a "double queen" on the 4th floor facing to the back of the hotel. No view but no street noise. The room was tight but manageable with a decent sized bathroom. They offer garage parking @$20 a night about a block away with no restrictions on taking a car in or out during the day. The staff on the front desk is outstanding. They are personable and very knowledgeable on how best to get around Seattle along with recommendations on restaurants, transportation and "things to see". The hotel offers an excellent breakfast which is included in the rate...yogurt, cereal, juice, coffee, muffins, fruit, waffles. Less than 3 blocks from some of the excellent seafood restaurants on the wharf.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple