“found it by coincidenece, excellent location, excellent rate, really nice people”

Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel
Ranked #31 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
SANTO DOMINGO
Reviewed June 24, 2011

i was going to make my reservation in one big chain, hotel during my trip to seattle to board a cruise to alaska. but something happened and all rooms in big hotels were gone. i went to internet and found this really nice hotel inside a historical building built by one of the man who inflenced in the development os seattle, in the middle of everything at walking distance. meny things to do around. history and very friendly people. worth it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dgeronimopo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Rooms are very comfortable and well decorated, staff is super friendly and helpful!!!! Area is very historic and it is easy to take public transit anywhere you want to. We can not say one negative thing about this hotel!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank kathy57387
San Jose, CA
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I stayed at the Best Western Pioneer Square for 3 days (4 nights). I found the hotel to be a very good combination of location, amenities and price. I arrived at the Sea-Tac airport and walked to the light rail station that is adjacent to the huge parking garage by Terminal D. After a 30 minute ride, I got off at the Pioneer Square station and walked the remaining 3 blocks to the hotel. Very cool.

My single room was ready at 3pm as promised. Located on the 4th (top) floor, I discovered the room faced the adjacent double decked expressway that goes along the waterfront. However the double paned windows did an excellent job of keeping out the noise from the traffic. The room was good sized and more that sufficient for just me. The daily service to replenish the towels and make the bed was excellent and not obtrusive. The breakfast - included in the room cost - was extensive including just about everything except eggs and bacon. When I checked out, I simply walked to the light rail station (I got there at 6:45am - with no problems) and within 1.25 hours of walking out of the hotel, I was sitting in the departure lounge for my flight home. Again - the light rail worked like a charm.

I found the location to be terrific. Pioneer Square is interesting and has a bunch of history. Or I walked down 1st street - past the Seattle Art Museum (OK but not great) - on to the Pike Street Market (about 15 minutes walk - and absolutely terrific) and all the great restaurants nearby. Alternatively I could walk 1 block to Alaskan Way - the street that borders the waterfront, - and sight see down the waterfront at all the seafood restaurants, cruise excursions and Seattle Aquarium (terrific) located on that street. As for the Pioneer Square neighborhood - I never felt uncomfortable during the day or night as I was wandering around.

I paid for my stay in advance without the possibility of any refund. A gamble that worked out for me and got me an average daily room price of about $140. Free wi-fi is available and worked great.

Bottom line: a very attractive combination of good hotel, great location, at a terrific price.

Room Tip: prepay in advance if possible
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Silicon_Valley_Guy1
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed June 11, 2011

The hotel is a nice historical hotel in Pioneer Square neighborhood of Seattle. Room size was large and bed was comfortable. Continental breakfast had plenty of options and I loved the waffles. One minor qualm was the free wireless internet access available from the room was limited by number of connections, and 50% of the time I received "Number of connections already reached. Try again later." Since I was on vacation and need to spend less time online anyway, this was not a big deal to me. If you NEED internet, keep this in mind. Staff was friendly. I had read comments elsewhere about Pioneer Square being where the hoodlums hang out. Between the hotel and the downtown attractions, I did not notice this. Head toward the stadiums down Occidental and you may encounter several. Hotel was great for our vacation stay and the price was half of what I would have paid elsewhere downtown.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
cheezgoddess, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your honesty regarding our internet connection issues. We are aware and are in the process of upgrading the entire system. We anticipate to have it fully operational by the beginning of July. I hope the next time you stay with us you will see a huge improvement. Thank you again, and I apologize if this was any inconvenience.
Alpine, California
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I forgot to add in our last review,and feel very important,that we took the light rail system from Sea-Tac airport for $2.50 a person within a couple easy walking blocks of the Best Western Pioneer Square Hotel. The light rail system was very clean and a pleasant 30 minute ride for $2.50! Took towncar from hotel to cruise terminal for $20. All worked great.

• Stayed May 2011
7 Thank Charlene351
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed June 9, 2011

If you appreciate history, wonderful architecture and exceptional service, this is the place to stay in Seattle. You are located in the free bus zone with a stop right outside the door. This bus will take you around all the greatest sites in the Pioneer Square area - including "the market". You will find yourself within walking distance of wonderful restaurants as well as activities like the Underground Tour. The Hotel has retained all of the good things from the past (10 foot ceilings and room layouts) and has upgraded where you want it to be ie the bathroom is totally modern as are the beds etc. The breakfast offered in the morning is very good also.

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Alpine, California
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We were going on a cruise out of Seattle and decided to go the day before the cruise and look around Seattle a little. Decided on the Best Western @ Pioneer Square. We signed up for their Best Western Rewards Card and was so glad that we did. When we got there we were pleasantly surprised with a room upgrade that was awesome and so appreciated! We also got some cookies :o) The entire hotel is really charming and the staff were very helpful and cheerful. We ended up taking a towncar from the hotel to the cruise terminal for $20 and was perfect. We had a great stay at this hotel and enjoyed their free continental breakfast. We would return to them because they went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. It was within walking distance to the water, Pikes Market, Underground Tours, and lots of places to eat.

Room Tip: Sign up for their Best Western Rewards card!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple