“Very Good Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel
Ranked #31 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2007

We spent the first night of our Pacific Northwest/Northern CA trip at the Pioneer Square and were very happy. The first room we were shown had a slightly odd arrangement where the TV was to the side of the bed and not easily viewable. Being from Boston and on the road for the first night of the World Series, being able to view the TV was important to us. At the front desk my request was easily and politely accomodated and we were given a more "TV viewable" room.

We found the location of the hotel, particularly with the free public transport offered by Seattle to be great. The staff was very professional and helpful. The only slight negative was the breakfast which we found to be pretty mediocre. Overall, we were very happy with our hotel selection.

• Liked — Great Staff
  • Disliked — Mediocre breakfast
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mmob100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Rehoboth Beach, De
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2007

Dear Jo,

We wanted to thank you and let you now how much we enjoyed our stay at your beautiful hotel. Your rooms are very nicely decorated and extremely comfortable.

We traveled with Russ and Rosemarie Regn. Thank you for also including us a bottle of champagne and basket of goodies. They shared
their bottle with us the first night. We shared ours with them the second night. Thank you for your hospitality. The extra courtesy you extended to us as well made our stay very memorable. It was a pleasure meeting you.

There is so much to see and do in Seattle. Much more than I was aware
of. Loved the Pike Place Market! The tour of Seattle is definitely worth it! We will certainly recommend your place to others. Greetings
from Delaware!

Russ and Pat Clatts

• Liked — Comfortable, clean rooms, hospitality, good breakfast, geat visitor recommendations for what to see and do
  • Disliked — It would be nice to have hot tub or pool
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank patclatts
Middlebury, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2007

Nice and clean, with some character. Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. Fantastic location.

Stayed October 2007
4 Thank eebm
scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2007

Stayed here for 2 nights at the start of our West Coast Adventure. Really nice hotel with great (and cheap) chinese next door. Clean, big room and free internet. Only complaint was the tiny bathroom - nowhere to lay anything.

• Liked — Big bedroom
  • Disliked — Small bathroom
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cjt9t9
Va Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2007

My husband and I spent a week in Seattle, basically did a sightseeing/pub crawl tour of the city. This hotel is the only one in Pioneer Square, and it is within walking distance of everything. In fact, it's across the street from the waterfront, which is a popular place to go walking and sightseeing. We never rented a car or taxi; didn't need one. Granted, we walked about 3-5 miles a day, but stopped anywhere we wanted along the way. You don't need a car in the city, and you have to call for taxis anyway...why not walk?

The room was always clean, and a decent size for the two of us. It had a weird smell though, but it wasn't something we couldn't tolerate, though. It is very charming and cozy, and is within a few yards of great restaurants and bars. In fact, out of all the meals we ate, the restaurant next door, Al Boccalino's, was the best. They provide room service for the hotel, and they have some of the best Italian food I've ever had. Somewhat pricey, but it was SO good.

Hotel staff were friendly, but not the most knowledgeable of all the questions I asked (such as, can they help with reservations for the Victoria Clipper, what bus # do we take to go to Ballard, etc.). But, they were very nice and always tried to help.

The hotel was quiet when we were there, even though it seemed to be very crowded. I would recommend it to anyone. With our AAA membership, we paid $161 a night, except for Friday night, which was more expensive.

• Liked — Convenience to nightlife/food
  • Disliked — Slightly weird smell in room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BDM22
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2007

Trust me, you will not be disappointed if you stay at this hotel.

What can I say about the Best Western Pioneer Square Hotel that hasn't already been said? From the "Welcome to Seattle" from the girls at reception to the "Have a good trip" from the Bell Captain, this hotel gets my vote for being the best.

At the end of a long tiring day having travelled by plane and boat to reach Seattle, all my cares disappeared as soon as I opened the door to my hotel room.

The large room was beautifully decorated with the king size bed taking pride of place. It looked so peaceful and welcoming with the period furniture and matching appointments that I couldn't wait to unpack and relax with a cup of tea. The lighting was excellent with not a 40 watt bulb evident. The towels were plentiful and fluffy and there was loads of room in the bathroom to lay out my toiletries. I thought the framed picture on the wall was a nice homey touch. The room was quiet and there was no noise to disturb a dreamless sleep that night. In fact, I was glad the next morning I had set my alarm the night before.

I enjoyed my Continental breakfast the next morning of toast, jam, yoghurt, fruit and coffee. There was also cold cereals, Danish and muffins on offer.

I learned that bus transportation is free in the Pioneer Square area and the bus stop is just steps away from the hotel entrance on Yesler. However, since I wanted to explore on foot it was an easy walk to the Uwajimaya shopping complex in Chinatown - a delightful place.

Although my room rate was a little more than I normally pay, in retrospect my one night's stay was worth every cent and I fully intend to make a return visit in the future.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — No dislikes
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank Mardie
Sacramento
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2007

We stayed at this Hotel while in Seattle on Business. Check in was very complicated they had no parking available when we arrived and the front desk staff was not helpful at all with the parking situation. Our company was paying for the stay but when we arrived we had to wait 45 minutes for someone in the office to figure out what was going on. When we arrived in our room we were plesantly surprised it was large very clean and comfortable. The wireless internet left a lot to be desired very slow and constant drop offs. In the evening the noise from the freeway nearby was constant.. For the money that this establishment cost we could have stayed in a Sheraton or Hilton and been a lot happier

• Liked — It was Clean
  • Disliked — The Staff Attitudes
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business