“Great ending to an enjoyable morning”

Taste Cafe & Events
Ranked #1,282 of 4,197 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union
Transit: Bus 10, 12, 15, 18, 21 & 22
Description: At TASTE, we like to feed your soul with comfort evoking foods refined by our team of chefs using ingredients that don’t travel very far by distance or season. TASTE’s Executive Chef Josie Urbick believes that it is her responsibility to support the local farmers and cultivate the same sensibilities within our community. She has a deep rooted passion for food and enjoy creating delicious meals for our guests, nourishing them with menu items made from the best local ingredients, enriching the lives of those who dine with us.
Reviewed April 16, 2013

After visiting the Old Masters exhibition I enjoyed lunch at Taste. The food was delicious, the service very good and the prices reasonable. I will certainly be returning to try another menu item.

There are newer reviews for Taste Cafe & Events

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Whether it's busy or not, no one should be subject to inattentive service at a restaurant.
We are locals who have enjoyed interesting food and gracious service in the past at TASTE. It was not to be on this not-that-busy Friday night.
The restaurant reeked of an unpleasant fishy smell, the menu focused on heavy British and "winter" foods with esoteric origin names, and it took nearly 10 minutes before anyone swung by to at least take our drink order. Sigh. More a place for Prada-draped tourists on expense accounts.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Between meetings at a nearby hotel, we exited for a quick lunch. The restaurant was very busy but they were able to seat us quickly and accommodate a tight timeline. 2 of the 3 diners had the steak and blue cheese salad, and raved about it, and I went with the server recommended tuna and quinoa dish. I had asked for dairy free alternatives and she was spot on with her suggestion.

Yes it is a bit pricey and perhaps a bit modern for most, but if you are in SAM or nearby, I would suggest trying for lunch.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We just stumbled into Taste when walking around Seattle, and liked the lunch so much we returned for dinner.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I recently visited the SAM on our anniversary, and stopped in to TASTE for a quick pre-museum cocktail and small bites. We were there for happy hour, and the featured cocktail was the Wabi Sabi, a delicious sparkling sake drink that has since made me seek out and buy the sake for myself! We also tried the rosemary fries and albacore poke, both very tasty. Since we only had about twenty minutes to spare this was the perfect stop-in for a quick drink (the bartender was very friendly & helpful and even modified the cocktail a bit for my sweet-tooth tastes) and to curb our hunger before our museum visit, and we will definitely return the next time we visit the SAM!