“Food was good, service was better”

Taste Cafe & Events
Ranked #1,658 of 4,109 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union
Transit: Bus 10, 12, 15, 18, 21 & 22
Description: At TASTE, we like to feed your soul with comfort evoking foods refined by our team of chefs using ingredients that don’t travel very far by distance or season. TASTE’s Executive Chef Josie Urbick believes that it is her responsibility to support the local farmers and cultivate the same sensibilities within our community. She has a deep rooted passion for food and enjoy creating delicious meals for our guests, nourishing them with menu items made from the best local ingredients, enriching the lives of those who dine with us.
Budapest, Hungary
“Food was good, service was better”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

After visiting the Seattle Museum of Art, we decided to treat ourselves to a nice lunch and stop here. I had the croque madame and my boyfriend had the salmon flat bread. Both were good, but the nothing was extraordinary.The best part about our lunch their was the impeccable service.

• Visited July 2012

Seattle
“Downtown convenience”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Taste Restaurant is a very good option when you visit the Seattle Art Museum or Symphony; both light meals and full meals are available. My friend and I tried both kinds of soup at lunch on a recent chilly day: my winter squash soup was hot and tasty, and so was her tomato soup; we teamed those with the light greens and delicious bread. Other choices were more hearty salads or even meat or seafood dishes. The service was friendly and prompt. At lunchtime I'd recommend a reservation (and they seated us promptly at a busy time).

• Visited November 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Great promise but under performed”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Please make a reservation and request window seat for great people watching. The setting is abstract modern and the food & wine is locally purveyed. Great promise but under performed. Customer service is very poor but the food has highlights. My husband met me for dinner and was seated promptly for a 5:45 reservation even though he arrived 1 hour beforehand. Even with an empty restaurant the 3 wait staff personnel were more focused on set up than taking an order. After 10 minutes my husband walked up to the bar to place a wine order which was then brought by a waitress. My husband asked if she would be his waitress to which she responded, "Do you want me to be?" She asked him how he obtained the wine order and he stated he had to go to the bar. Strange and another guy became his server. Great news was it was happy hour. His house wine was not good to which the waiter said, "That is why it is house wine." Seriously? My Puget Sound oysters in the half shell tasted great and were beautiully displayed but no horse radish, only lemons. The poke is exceptional with lemon grass, ginger garnish, and taro chips. The house merguez should have a better menu and wait staff description: "ninety farms lamb, herb spaetzle, cherry tomatoes, dijon cream." It turned out to be lamb sausage vs. a piece of lamb and the pasta tasted like mac and cheese. The waiter highly recommended it and upon review when my husband explained it was not very good there was nothing done about it except: "I guess I didn't make a good recommendation." Hmm. In keeping with the local theme the wine list is CA, OR, and WA only. It ranges between $10-$12 per glass. I would have perferred a Merlot selection vs. the Syrah blend which to my palate was on the sweet side. Dessert was not all that appealing to me with cheese cake, molten chocolate cake, and rice pudding. Instead we went across the street to Fran's Chocolates for dessert. I would recommend going to TASTE Restaurant for lunch or brunch and stick to the poke or hamburgers which looked great. We won't be returning.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Hystericalhappiness
New York City, New York
“Delicious!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I stopped in for dinner on a business trip to Seattle after Matt's said they wouldn't have a table for 25 minutes. The restaurant was quite attractive from the street, and while it couldn't quite keep up 100% of the charm when I went in, it was mostly empty an I was seated immediately. My server arrived post-haste to take first my drink order, then my dinner order. Set ice throughout was very efficient and friendly.

I had some Scotch (excellent, by the way) and ordered two small plates - a fig and roasted beet salad (outstanding) and scallops with celeriac (delicious scallops, but a bland dish). Based on the apps - which were not cheap but also not ridiculously overpriced) I would definitely return. The restaurant had a cool vibe and a great mix of music on the sound system, the food was excellent and the service was outstanding.

I recommend Taste - not the best restaurant you'll ever visit, but worth a trip to see what they're doing.

Seattle, Washington
“below average food and service, they had no clue about their wine list”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was very disappointed from the restaurant. the service was slow. the waiter didn't know much about the wine list and took 10-15 minutes to follow up on any question. the food was below average.

will not return.