The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
$304
$162
Orbitz.com
1,744 results
All reviewspolar barjuno restaurantpioneer squaremen's clubdome roomdouble treepolar bearprivate clubcherry streetthe french press coffeewarm cookieshistoric hotelturn of the centurycolumbia towermodern amenitieslight raillobby bar
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The service was excellent, beds were heavenly and the nostalgic feel of the building and room made it a really interesting stay. I loved the views, bathroom, and all the room amenities including a flat screen tv, stereo, wifi, office supplies in the desk and coffee and tea maker. The two lounges were really nice and comfortable and Juno was an excellent eatery. The hotel is in a great location and everything is within walking distance.

One piece of advice...avoid connecting rooms. I had to request a room change because of loud neighbors. You can hear everything through the door.

Actually two pieces of advice...don't be afraid of ghosts. I had some strange experiences while trying to sleep, one of which was my covers being pulled down over my shoulders. When I asked around, I learned the building has a haunted history.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Cruzaholic
Reviewed July 4, 2014

The hotel itself is quite interesting with the history behind it and that's what you're paying for. The rooms themselves are decently sized and we didn't have any problems there. We did have several problems with the service that we encountered with the hotel upon check in as well as during our stay; nothing too major, but enough to discourage us from staying here in the future. Firstly, we checked in at 11am and were told that there were no rooms available and that the hotel would call us when our room is ready. After wondering around downtown for quite a while, we became tired of waiting since we had just traveled across country and returned to the hotel only to find out that they had forgotten to call us. The next day, we had called the concierge for some items and had to call again 20 minutes later only to find out the concierge had forgotten about us as well (seems to be a theme here). Being a Gold HHonors member, I truly expect better from a hotel than this for $400 a night (they also forgot to give us bottled water - it's an included HHonors perk). Overall, it was an ok stay, but it is very likely that we won't return due to the inconsistency in service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian S
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Don't waste your money with this extremely overrated and overpriced hotel. We've stayed in other downtown hotels in the past and there are much better options for a lot less money. The rooms are dark and the décor is drab - I guess to appeal to the guest looking for that old world charm. The hotel is socked in between much higher buildings, so the view is limited - at best. We were on the 7th floor and the street noise was as if we were standing in the middle of the street. The room (two queens) was incredibly small (~240 ft. sq.). The bathroom was spacious but no tub for the kids. The closet didn't have a light and the lights on the wall were too hard to turn for my wife to operate. Their parking facility is off-site so it makes it difficult to access your vehicle without a bit of hassle. Just to add to our frustration, the alarm went off in the middle of the night. (I suppose that I should have known to check that it was off before we turned in for the night.). However, on the upside, the staff from the check-in desk, to the valet, to the bellhops, as well as the maids were all incredibly courteous and friendly.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a good room...the hotel is socked in between much higher buildings.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kevin S
jgouge, General Manager at The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of your guestroom and we regret that you were disappointed. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. We apologize for the inconvenience and feel free to share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time.

Jeff Gouge

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My family enjoyed our stay at the Artic Club Seattle. Nice rooms, great bed, very old world charm with out the old and dilapidated. The location is a little jaunt to the major shopping areas and on a weekend many of the near by restaurants/coffee bars are closed, very much in the business section of Seattle. It's about in the middle between the big stores and the big stadiums. All the staff was great. The hotel restaurant (Juno) for breakfast was very good. Everything was nice and clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed two nights at this hotel because of its proximity to City Hall where I had several meetings. Great service from very friendly and responsive staff. Well-appointed and clean rooms with comfortable beds. Decor is a bit dark and masculine for my taste, but personal taste shouldn't count against the hotel. Very dark lobby. So-so food from restaurant hotel, Juno, which provided the in-room dining. Appreciated the 24/7 fitness room with new Precor ellipticals, treadmills and recumbent bikes, as well as free weights and a stretching area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business