“Interesting Place”

The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #25 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I enjoyed the atmosphere. I particularly liked playing pool by the bar and a fireplace in the evening. The rooms had all the modern amenities, but still kept the historic flavor. Service was great. Look forward to another visit.

1  Thank James B
There are newer reviews for The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Classic building in great location (train station to Pioneer Square exits right at hotel). There may be other hotels nearby with better value, but the Arctic club cannot be topped if you are looking for turn of the century elegance.

1  Thank JKandAJ
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were taking our FIRST cruise, so I wanted a hotel close to Pier 91. It's a 30-40 min. drive from SEA-TAC airport to the Pier and I didn't want to take ANY chances being late for boarding the ship. I searched the hotels by the Pier ($350.00 a night) so I 'bought' a room 'near Pikes Market' (and thus the water front) WITHOUT knowing the name of the hotel until AFTER I bought it...THIS was the hotel (normally over $300.00/night)! Wow. The BEST room we have EVER stayed in.
It was built in 1917, originally as a Gentleman's Club for those who 'struck it rich' in the Yukon Gold Rush. It's in the financial district about a 10 min. drive to Pier 91. We had a HUGE immaculately CLEAN room with an over 10' tall ceiling (on the 9th floor)! You get a warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. The staff suggested that they arrange a Town-Car ride to the Pier (only a few dollars more than a taxi) for the next day. GREAT advice! They arranged everything. It was waiting for us on time, dropped us off near the FRONT of the processing building & someone was there to take care of our luggage, as the car pulled up. From the time we arrived at this hotel until we entered our ship, we NEVER had to deal with LUGGAGE!
The lobby has lush period style furnishings, original library, photos of the original 'members', with their encased high neck collars (size 14 1/2) AND top hats on display! CLEAN, FRESH, up to date; paint, polish and amenities! Did I mention cookie? You can get one ANY time you want! My husband liked that. In fact, he liked it a lot...many times... Our room had a French coffee press and a small bag of Starbucks coffee, Crabtree & Evelyn bath products and other cool items... I was so taken with the place, that I HAD to buy one of their 'Arctic Club' coffee mugs (with the walrus mascot on it)! Another couple told us that the salmon they ordered, at the hotel restaurant, was FANTASTIC! Figures. We ate dinner at Anthony's by the water-front. Anthony's Fish & Chips are made with a light tempura-like batter. Delicious. The clam chowder, some of the BEST I've ever tasted.
Truly, our one night stay HERE was one of the BEST memories, of our entire 'Alaskan Cruise' experience... I would come back here in a heart beat.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 9th floor and possibly a 'Handicap' room, judging by the SIZE and the wh...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MJ T
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The hotel was beautiful on the inside but their was nothing about it that warrants the rates they charge. The finish level of the room that I had was superb but it was very tight quarters. The location was not as convenient to many of the city's leisure/tourist attractions as other competing brands, however. I can say that at no time was I dissatisfied with the level of service, though. Overall, it seemed a little pricey for what you get. I would likely choose another hotel when I return to Seattle.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful historic hotel with top level service. Interiors give a feeling of private elegance. Staff is very attentive. Juno restaurant has great food and great service. Location is perfect for business or personal visit to Seattle.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hotel staff members were very friendly and helpful. The overall appearance of the hotel was fantastic, and the room was also quite nice- but a bit small. Overall, I had an excellent stay, and would most likely return again.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The place is full of sophistication yet it is very unpretentious. The bar is cozy with lots of private areas to sit and talk over cocktails. The room was very spacious and comfortable. Easy walking to all of Seattle. I can not believe this is not one of their Astoria collection.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple