The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #26 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Tacoma, Washington, United States
“Not impressed”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Booked this hotel on a saturday night while in seattle with my wife last minute. We came in at 1am not being familiar with the hotel or parking situation in this area. We had initially parked in an overnight parking garage right next to the hotel. I asked the front desk if it was best to pay and park their, the desk employee said "oh no we have valet service we can do it for you and even offered to walk to the attatched garage and get the car for us" I initially thought great service!! Until I woke up the next morning with a 41dollar bill underneath my hotel door to have my car parked for a whopping 6hours when I could have parked for 15bucks in the garage myself like I was about to do.

The room itself was clean and fine, however the bed was one of the most uncomfortable I have slept on at any hotel or condo. It was so hard that both my wife and I, sides would start to get sore or hurt and thats after only sleeping in it for 6hours (we are 27,29yr old). The room itself was only the 5th floor and it was extremely noisy outside of our window was another roof top of the building with pipes etc, and you could still hear a lot of street noise even on the fifth floor.

The best part of our stay was the valet men pulling our car around at 9am and rushing to open the door for us so we could leave. Its bad when the best service is your valet men. Not impressed will not recommend or return in the future. Look elsewhere for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
jgouge, General Manager at The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We’re very sorry your experience at our property wasn't up to our usual high standards. We've addressed the problems you mentioned with with the level of service you received during your stay. We will also be sure to make any amenity fees known to all guests. Thank you for alerting us to this issue, and we hope you’ll give us another chance if you return to our area.

Jeff Gouge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Korean first
Greenville, SC
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Arctic Club in Seattle is a fascinating break from the typical hotel. In fact, it belies even the plethora of boutique hotels that are showing up everywhere. Instead of being hip and contemporary, the Arctic club is true to its roots. From the starched collars and top hats on display in the lobby to the real cocktails in the bar, this place is a throwback to an era where service is supreme.

I love a contemporary room, but the vintage 20's and 30's era decor in the rooms here are really different. The ceilings are high, the beds are plush, and the lighting while somewhat dark adds to the mood.

The only regret with this hotel is that the neighborhood, Pioneer Square, continues to stagnate. I miss the days of Elliott Bay Books and Archie McPhee here. Dining is mostly carry out from small ethnic restaurants. This is not Seattle's hot spot for nightlife or dining. Juno -- the hotel's restaurant ends up being the excellent choice.

Room Tip: If you can, get a room with a jacuzzi tub, VERY nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SCTraveler864
Pasco, wa
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The building is beautiful and the bar is a great place to socialize and wind down. Close to downtown. Parking is a bit expensive, but service is great. I've stayed in many hotels downtown and this one is my favorite so far.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great Hotel with close proximity to everything downtown. This hotel has a cool history and the rooms are very clean and well appointed. The bar/lounge area off of the lobby is a nice place to begin your evening with a tasty cocktail. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in downtown Seattle for business or pleasure!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The room was a bit small for the price. I have stayed at this property twice before and had a slightly larger room. I felt the parking was high for Seattle and the service though good was not outstanding my any means.

My thought too much for a small room that can be obtained at any hotel offering a city view.

Room Tip: You want the King Upgrade with a patio
Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
portland
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I travel for business on a weekly basis and for the past year I have used the arctic club as my base for all trips to Seattle. In a day and age where service is something that is hard to find and when you do it is average at best, the staff at the AC excels. No issue is too small and their primary concern is always around the travelers comfort. The experience extends to the valets and even the restaurant wait staff. Overall this attention to detail has made me decide to switch from the W to the AC.

Also worth noting is the Polar Bar. Nothing too hip but really a classic in the vein of the old Redwood Room at the Clift in San Francisco. Nice place to meet colleagues and relax before heading out or grabbing a nightcap.

I think any traveler whether business or pleasure would find the AC a great choice.

Room Tip: Top floor is an honors floor. All rooms are great but 1015 is a double suite and 1013 has a great vi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank luckyfish
Yakima
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We wanted a nicer Seattle hotel for a one night stay in Seattle after going a cheaper route during our last visit. I got a great rate on this property through Hotwire and we gave it a go. The location was easy to find, is right next to Pioneer Square and just short of a mile from Westlake Center. We were planning on doing some 'heavy' shopping so we opted to park closer to Westlake rather than lug our bags back to Arctic Club.
It is a very classy place, with a lot of the architectual details you don't see in the more modern hotels. I love the bar/lounge area and the pool table. My son was disappointed he couldn't play since he isn't 21 .... I loved our room. We had two queens. So charming, took us back a step in time. The bathroom has great tile work. The tv although high resolution was a bit small when viewing from the second bed. We didn't mind since we weren't there to watch tv but my daughter popped on her glasses to see it when she did watch in the morning. Nice plush towels and the beds were quite comfortable. I loved the bathroom door, although a bit odd that it didn't lock. We overlooked the construction site but it was on a weekend and there was no work being done. The staff was very attentive and always willing to help with bags and information. We are more of a do it yourself type of family, especially my wife so although she appreciates being taken care of, she likes to be more anonymous as well.
My son and I used the exercise room, three cardio style machines and some basic free weights, plenty for us in the morning and the room felt modern.
Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Girls wanted Starbucks in the morning but the closest one was closed Sunday morning and we went to Seattle's Best Coffee instead. Ate dessert at the restaurant in the hotel, YUM. Maybe best cheesecake we've ever had.
Overall we'd stay there again in a heartbeat, I might shop around for a few others in the area as well but I'd be happy every time I select the Arctic Club. Of course, the cookies they give you are delicious upon arrival!

Room Tip: They have valet parking which could be handy when it's busy. We were there on a weekend and slow...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family