“delicious pizza”

Ranked #21 of 4,249 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a group of people and tried various pizzas and all of them were good. Their menu is pretty interesting with egg or clam or potato but all were really tasty.
The service was great. The place is really small and kind of crowded. Worth to try but I am not sure I'll come often wait in line

Write a ReviewReviews (1,590)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stopped by on a Saturday evening. We had heard about Serious Pie and were in Seattle for vacation. We had about a 45 minute wait. The restaurant is very small, so the hostess took our number and called us when the table was ready. This was great - we were able to check out a few nearby shops while we waited. We were seated as "joiners" at a 6 top that had a part of four at it already; much of the restaurant is set up that way. My husband had the fennel sausage pizza and I had the mortadella. Both were good, but not what my expectation was based on reviews and Tom Douglass's reputation.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The menu makes you a little curious about the taste combinations, but the really do work. Our group had a variety of pizzas and all were excellent. The service was great. The biggest downfall to this restaurant is that it is small and they don't take reservations. We showed up fairly early on a Fri night and still had to wait 45 min. It was worth it but we'd try harder to get there earlier next time.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've had the Serious Pie's pizza...and it is creative and they do thin crust very well. But today, I had a Serious Brunch with Serious Biscuits represented. All I can say is "wow" - I walked out seriously full. I had the wood-fired skillet baked eggs. The menu item I chose was the fire roasted anaheims, house sausage, yukon potatoes. So good! This dish is served with an awesome biscuit, of course!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I finally visited Serious Pie after driving by dozens of times. They have 7 or 8 varieties of pizza on the menu. I would classify this as a gourmet pizza place so if you are looking for run of the mill pepperoni, or chicken, or veggie, then I'd go some place else.

That said, the pizza was very good and the staff friendly. The prices are very reasonable although parking can be a problem (street parking is the least expensive but hard to come by).

It is a relatively small restaurant so you may have to wait 10 to 20 minutes if you come during peak dining hours.