“Brunswick & Hunt - BEST BRUNCH in Seattle!”
Review of Brunswick & Hunt

Brunswick & Hunt
Reserve with OpenTable
Brunswick & Hunt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #446 of 4,477 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2015

New restaurant in Ballard area of Seattle, AMAZING FOOD, we opened with the cream infused fruit pop-overs, then shared Eggs Benedict with shredded boar! Even the potatoes were the best we've ever tried, with enough hollandaise to dip them!
My husband tired their Dutch babies, light filled with just enough apple...so many things we wanted to try on their menu! We will return again and again! Their gorgeous antique bar couple with contemporary furnishing and green pin-tuck velvet back booths!
Totally Excellent!!!

1  Thank Marcy W

Reviewed June 7, 2015

I had dinner here with a couple of travelling Oz friends and a Seattle local.

The staff were particularly good and the food was fine, interesting and well prepared. The waiters interacted very well with us - which we appreciated.

We all ate and drank more than we should, which gave us rather a large bill, but a good night.

Reviewed June 7, 2015 via mobile

Decided to check out Brunswick and Hunt for the first time, based on prior reviews. As others mentioned, the food is very good. The crab cakes were excellent, the Italian sausage and beans were tasty, and the cocktails hit the spot. However, when we walked in we were told that almost all of the tables were reserved and would be full very shortly so we were seated at the bar. After an hour, half of those tables were still open. Strange. While at the bar, we ordered a cheese plate to start and it was served to us with the following explanation: "goat, sheep, cow, you get the idea." Um, OK. Finally, just the whole vibe was unwelcoming and people seemed generally unfriendly. Maybe everyone was just having a bad day! Hope so, because below average service is unfortunate in a restaurant with such good food.

Reviewed April 21, 2015

We were so impressed by this restaurant. The menu and food were far above average in both the creativite combinations and delicious flavors, the service was friendly and attentive. The history behind the name of the restaurant and its furnishings is of particular interest. The beautifully ornate wood back and front bars were made by the Brunswick Corp. & was found in Winlock WA. It took 2 years to restore it to its former splendor. Facing the bars is a wall mural size oil painting "The Hunt" which was also restored. Between these two phenomenal pieces and the beautifully designed interior, there is an abundance of atmosphere and sense of history. Highly recomended !

Reviewed February 26, 2015

I read about this place in Seattle Magazine and had to check it out. The antique bar and humongous picture opposite had me interested to experience the environment - it was just as hoped.
We did make reservations as I read there were only 40 tables or so. We were instantly greeted and welcomed. (only residential street parking available) They had a nice "current" cocktail menu that was slightly larger than what they show on their website. Our server helped me find exactly was I was thirsty for.
We had the garbanzo flour skillet bread appetizer and it was delicious. I know fried chicken is kind of "old" now in Seattle, but I had to try theirs as it was described so well - I'm so glad I did! It was paired perfectly with vegetable hash and just the right amount of truffled honey drizzle. My husband had the short ribs and they were gone before I could try a bite! We added cedar plank roasted mushrooms as a side and they were so savory - excellent side for our entree choices.
For dessert, frozen smore's pie. You have to try it.
I can't wait to go back. This location is definitely out of the way for us (and probably most of Seattle) but worth the drive. I wish I lived closer because I'd probably visit the bar area often with friends. Looks like a good classy hang out area.

1  Thank Rachel F