“Pike Place Market - Walking food tour”
Review of Seattle Food Tours

Seattle Food Tours
Ranked #7 of 78 Food & Drink in Seattle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Eat like a local! Discover Seattle's rich culinary scene one neighborhood at a time. We're your foodie friend in the city, sharing our favorite places to eat and drink while covering history, people, and events that make each place unique. To insure you have a local experience and not a touristy one, we don't use hearing aids or have you follow around a pink umbrella. This an intimate fun tour lead by passionate guides who want to insure you have a great time enjoying the best food in Seattle.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Pike Place Market - Walking food tour”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We decided to do this tour at the last minute. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the tour and the guide - Mike! We really enjoyed all the food an took advantage of our discount card. I can't wait to go and have a full bowl of the award winning clam chowder and my husband is wishing we could import more cheese back to Canada!

Visited May 2013

Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not Your Typical Happy Hour”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had a wonderful time joining a small group on a Belltown Food Tour on a Friday evening two weeks ago. After 14 years of dining out in many Belltown restaurants, I was initially skeptical about whether the tour would be anything different than spending a regular evening out happy hour hopping downtown. I was delighted to find that was not the case. I really enjoyed the different ‘dining experience’ walking to each restaurant, tasting delicious food, having a drink, and socializing with others while learning new things about the neighborhood and concepts behind each restaurant creation.

Our guide Jill did a fantastic job engaging the group throughout the tour and her knowledge and enthusiasm were a welcome addition to the terrific food and drink served. Feeling energized and not overly full or tired, which can often happen sitting in a restaurant eating and drinking for three hours, this tour would be a perfect start to an evening out in downtown Seattle.

2 Thank Lea B
Seattle
“my new favorite tour”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

An excellent tour and a great way to discover the Belltown district. Of the five stops, it's difficult to choose one highlight, but the pasta Pappardelle at Branzino was a revelation--and the tuna sushi at Shiro's was the best I've ever tasted. Our tour guide, Leslie, was a delight: fun, knowledgeable and a most gracious hostess. Thank you for a delectable evening!

Visited May 2013
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great way to discover your own city...”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I am a Seattle local and decided (with a group of other locals) to checkout the Belltown tour. We LOVED it!! We had a very knowlegeable, witty tour guide who took us to five different places. Yes, two of the five places I have been to previously (one of which is in my top ten for restaurants); however, one of the great things about going on a tour is that you get things put in front of you that you may not have ordered otherwise. And, three of the places were new to me, two of which I had been meaning to check out. I kept thinking how cool it would be to take my parents, who have a hard time getting around, to this tour as everything is within a five or six block radius. And, not only did I get to sample local cuisine and drinks, I also learned a bit about the neighborhood. For example, the lions in front of Buckley's in Belltown are a leftover from when MGM was in the neighborhood. Curious? You should check it out (even if you are a local)...

Phoenix, AZ
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Nice tour - great food”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My sister and I took the Belltown food tour. The tour starts in the late afternoon and stopped in several restaurants/bars, for each course. Our guide was knowledgeable about the area and food and clearly passionate about the topic of good food and the local restaurant scene.

All the tastings were very nice, and we spent a good amount of time at each stop, I think the tour lasted 2-3 hours in the end. Each course was a small amount of food, we weren't exactly hungry at the end, but also not overfull.

We even went back the next night for dinner at one of the stops. I can recommend the tour if you want a relaxed view of the upscale restaurants and bars in the area. If you just want lots of food - better to find another venue.