“Spoiled by the Sommelier”

Purple Cafe and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Purple Cafe and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 4,197 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Corner of 4th Avenue & University Street
Description: Purple Café and Wine Bar pairs a global wine selection with a menu that combines classic American styles with seasonal Northwest ingredients..
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Four of us went for a wine and dinner experience and were not disappointed. Since we really enjoy trying different wines and are from the Yakima Valley it was a joy to find this unique cafe and wine bar. We were greeted immediately and seated quickly. We were very pleased that we chose to sit on the balcony level so that we could watch the activity as the cafe filled up for the evening meal. The waiter, wait staff and sommelier were all wonderful and went the extra mile to find out our wine interests and to pair our meals with a most delightful red wine from Lebanon. Needless to say, we will be back and are recommending it to many people. This was a Groupon package linked with a stay at the Roosevelt Hotel and neither establishment disappointed!

There are newer reviews for Purple Cafe and Wine Bar

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This restaurant is a must visit every time I come to Seattle - every time I have been here the food and wine has been delicious and the service has been friendly and unobtrusive. The downtown location is my favorite but the food and service in the Woodinville location is equally great.

The downtown restaurant is very dramatic with high ceilings, romantic lighting and a wine cellar in the middle that stretches all the way to the ceiling with a staircase snaking around the outside (I want this feature in my house!!). On all of my visits we've been seated quickly and the staff has been knowledgeable about the menu and helpful in making recommendations.

The food is so tasty - everything I've ever ordered has been wonderful. On my last visit I had the shrimp starter - which was a good size so I didn't need a main - and the salted caramels for dessert. So very yummy!!

My absolute favorite thing about this restaurant though is the wine flights. I love the variety of the types of flights offered and I love being able to sample a few wines before settling on a glass or bottle. To help keep everything straight they bring a little cheat sheet to help you remember which glass has which wine.

The lunch soup/salad combo is tasty and a good price, especially considering the quality of the food. Definitely recommend a reservation if going on a Thursday-Saturday night as the place gets packed, although on a couple occasions we went without a reservation and were able to sit at the bar, which was a lot of fun.

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

The food here is pretty good, but you pay for it! It's a nice modern place, and a pleasant atmosphere. We had a good time here, and the waitress was very friendly and helpful.
We were sat by a window, which was nice but actually a little chilly. The windows here are huge, and the cool air falling from the glass chilled the place a little. Just something to be aware of.
The food was all perfectly nice, but nothing special. Our bill for two people came to $190. Having said that, there were cheaper items on the menu and I guess a couple could eat for maybe half of this price.
We'd certainly return, but actually would probably prefer to try other places.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

This place is filled with yummy everything. The service was great. They are open late. The inside decor is interesting and well thought out. Chairs are too heavy though. The food was delicious - the burata and beets is a must. I would definitely return.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Another delicious example of the unique dishes paired with excellent wines! The wine flights were the perfect compliment to the cheese plates - one of our very favorite Seattle restaurants, centrally located in the city… A "do not miss" if you're traveling there! We never do!