“Best experience ever!”

Seattle Glassblowing Studio
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit Downtown Seattle's premier glassblowing studio and watch LIVE glassblowing by world class artisans! Seattle Glassblowing Studio specializes in glassblowing classes, offering: beginner lessons, workshops and hands-on experiences in our hot shop. Browse our elegant gallery for original hand-blown glass artwork or commission your own original piece. Our gallery features glass bowls, vases, sculptures, jewelry and much more! The rainbow of colors will stimulate your senses and provide you with an unforgettable experience - sure to be a highlight of your visit. Seattle Glassblowing Studio is located in the Belltown neighborhood of Downtown Seattle, underneath the Monorail at 5th Ave and Bell St. The studio is open 7 days a week: Mon - Sat: 9am-6pm, Sun: 10am-6pm. Admission is FREE!
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Amy was our instructor and she was fantastic. She throughly explained the safety procedures, the history of glass and more during our four hours of glassblowing. My girlfriend and I did this as part of her "bucket list" trip to Alaska. I've been to Seattle several times and wanted to "do something different" and let me tell you, this totally fit the bill. We each were able to make a paperweight, two ornaments, a bowl and a flower during our four hours.....we LOVED this and I think we were glassblowers in a previous lives. If you do only one thing, make it this one thing!! We will be talking about this experience for years.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

This was an amazing experience.
We were a little late arriving and there was no problem with this - very much appreciated.

Amy was our expert and she was fantastic, explaining the process and history, safety instructions and the process we would follow.

There were 2 of us taking part in this experience, we made two bowls, they turned out great. Session took about an hour. We were staying in Seattle for 3 days and did this on the first day so we were able to go back 24 hours later to pick them up. Bear this in mind if you are from out of town or international, you have to wait for them to 'bake' in the oven for 24 hours.

If you are reading reviews about this attraction wondering whether to do it or not...
Do it, its worth the money and is an amazing experience.

1  Thank Victhinks
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Nick was a great teacher, explaining everything we wanted and needed to know to make our own pieces of glass art. We purchased a 4 hour private lesson for 2 via GroupOn. We each made 3 pieces, learning a new technique with each piece. Best date night we've ever had, as we celebrated 34 years of marriage, blowing glass! We will do this again!

A couple tips: In July, it was 98 degrees in the room with 30% humidity. I read some reader reviews that said wear long sleeves and bring leather gloves. Gloves are NOT needed. Period. Short sleeves are perfectly safe. Studio requires cotton clothing, and closed toe shoes. Shorts would be fine too. Bring your water! Bring your camera! Bring your imagination! Go early to look at the art they have for sale in the studio. I would have never thought to make a whale tail until I saw one in the studio. Maybe even check out pintrest and get ideas. Next time, I want to make some garden art. Never thought of that till we saw some glass mushrooms in a video they had playing in the show room!

Parking can be a challenge, and pricey. The lot across the street was $13. Metered parking a block or so away was $2 and hour.

Overall, great time, great fun, great memories!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I cannot recommend the Seattle Glassblowing Studio enough! I participated in the 4 hour group workshop and have to say it was the best 4 hours of my summer thus far. We were able to make 2 different glass pieces (I chose to make a bowl and Japanese sea float) and had ample time to work with our instructors to learn the basic techniques and experience the art of glassblowing. I have made several pieces at the Corning Museum of Glass before and definitely found this experience to be more enjoyable because you were more involved in the entire glassblowing process. My instructors, Mike and Nao, were very personable and genuinely passionate about their jobs. They were excited to share their experiences with us and answer any questions we had about glassblowing. If you've got a free evening in Seattle, I'd definitely recommend you consider checking the studio out!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Frommers.com better update their "1-day in Seattle" recommendations to include a glassblowing lesson here. It was one of the most fun experiences we've had on vacation, and inspirational to do more art. The instructor, Mike, an England-trained academic glassblower, was so professional, patient, nice, and seemed to have a true dedication to helping us learn the very-tricky art he has mastered. He took extra time with safety and orienting us to the equipment and studio so it was really an educational experience. This is not a touristy entertainment, but a true high-quality class. I can't wait for our pieces to arrive at home in a couple days, (they have to cool) and I only wish we could do a longer lesson! This is definitely worth the cost. I hope the studio can entice our amazing instructor to stay on board. This is most appropriate for adults, or families with teens.

Been to Seattle Glassblowing Studio? Share your experiences!