“Great place while visiting Pikes Place”
Review of Steelhead Diner

Steelhead Diner
Reserve with OpenTable
Steelhead Diner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #148 of 4,321 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: First
Transit: All downtown bus routes end near or around our address: 95 Pine Street.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Although The Steelhead is quite expensive the great food and powerful cafe layout makes it well worth the trip. The wine life was a great compliment to the food which included fresh fish and my alltime favorite macaroni and cheese. We sat by the window and enjoyed our food while we people watched. The server was friendly and attentive as well. Again this place is a little on the pricy (at leas for the Pikes Place are) however we are glad that we made the choice to eat at the Steelhead Diner.

So, give it a go!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,405)

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Five of us met here for dinner on a Friday night, and were pleased with really good, attentive service by a personable server along with food that made me wish I was a sailor!

The portions were large, but luckily this girl can pack in the food (which is what I did!). The Steelhead Diner house salad isn't your grandfather's house salad. It's packed with lots of goodies and makes for a really nice meal! Hubby had the catfish tacos, and I was bummed that I only got one bite of those because they were scrumptious. A friend ordered a side of the mac n cheese and all I can say is, "Holy Macaroni, Batman!" That may actually be my favorite menu item. Bland it was NOT. So good, with an assortment of cheeses melted to the perfect consistency. Ok, I'm craving some of that now.

The ambiance of the place was perfect for us, close to Pike Place, and our table was a window spot, perfect for watching some of the crazies in this part of town. Don't take that literally, if you're a tourist. If you're a local, you know what I mean.

I'd gladly go here again, and probably belly up to the bar first for a couple of beers before dinner next time. Good place!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The restaurant is located in Pikes Market district. Very busy and crowded location. The restaurant is quite and peaceful for lunch. If you are seated on the north side of the restaurant you can enjoy some nice views of the Pudget Sound. I visited for business lunch and we tried Fish and Chips recommended from the server. It was very good and fresh. The server told us that is not very greasy... oh Boy how can you expect Deep fried fish and chips not to be greasy... still greasy but good.
The Tartar sauce is freshly home-made.
Good place for lunch and business meetings.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We ate Steelhead Diner at 3:50 on Sunday afternoon. There were a lot of people on the street and we were afraid there would be a long wait. The bar was full but we were seated immediately at a corner table with a perfect view of the street below. We both ordered fish and chips and I ordered cole slaw. What a treat! It was enough for both of us to share and the most unique taste...sweet, sour, and pickled. Perfect with the beer battered fish that was served hot and crunchy. I had a light wine that was recommended by the waitress and my husband had a beer. We watched people for a while and enjoyed a stroll on the beautiful day.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Steelhead Diner compelled my parents and I because we were in the mood for oysters, and reading the menu outside, Steelhead Diner had them. However, once we were seated we discovered that each oyster was $3.50 a piece for tiny little Kumamoto oyster. Everything on the menu was overpriced and pretentious.
For my meal I ordered the catfish tacos; the catfish was burnt. My mom's meal came later than my dad's and mine.
Though the food and prices weren't impressive, the server was very pleasant and helpful.
However, we were not the only unsatisfied customers. Though we didn't complain, two other parties (one which wasn't able to sit together because of space, and it was someone's birthday in the party) both complained that their food wasn't right or was taking too long.
Overall, I didn't have a very good experience, and I think they need to lower their prices and improve their food.

Been to Steelhead Diner? Share your experiences!