“This was such a lovely and luxurious introduction to my new life in Seattle!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seattle
Bed and Breakfast Inn Seattle
Ranked #15 of 28 Seattle B&B and Inns
seattle
“This was such a lovely and luxurious introduction to my new life in Seattle!”
Reviewed May 29, 2009

I lived in the Capitol Hill Guest House for a month while I was transitioning from moving out here from the east coast. It was just lovely; always so clean and plenty of privacy......and who can complain about breakfast being laid out for you every morning? It was so neat to meet the other people that came and went- everyone has a really great story and the house gives just enough opportunity to hear other people's stories while still feeling very private and quiet. The house is in a great location too, just blocks from 15th and Broadway, but just removed enough to make you feel like you are outside the city. This was a great introduction to the city for me and I would recommend it to all.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Michigan
Reviewed April 14, 2009

Overall, a disappointing stay in a pretty ordinary home. I was not given the room I had booked and was not given an explanation, apology or price adjustment. I was expected to stumble my way though the kitchen to find items for breakfast preparation. You were expected to know the routine, but if you were not a longterm boarder then you were out of luck. A very uncomfortable place to stay - not welcoming and warm, not particularly pretty, and surprisingly expensive for a tiny room with a bath shared by many. Next time I would stay around the corner at the Foxglove Bed and Breakfast. My father stayed there and paid less and received more charm, comfort, and service.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
4 Thank familyvisitor09
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2008

I loved staying at this B&B! I stayed in a single room upstairs for two nights and one in downstairs for another night, both of which were small but immaculately clean and very nicely furnished. They also gave me a great bathrobe to use during the stay!!There are many bathrooms in the house which are all very clean so you don't mind even if the bathroom is shared. I actually loved their breakfast ! I think their breakfast is one of the best I can find in any B&B. I loved the freedom they gave as to what to have for breakfast from a huge list of choices they made available for the guests! I wish I could stay there longer!! Seattle is a great city, and I would definitely go back to this B&B!!!

• Liked — cleanliness and freedom
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
Sitka, AK
Reviewed July 21, 2008

This B & B has a lot going for it. First of all, there are two wonderful inn keepers - Michael and Kate - that make you feel comfortable right away. The inn is comfortable, super clean in an awesome neighborhood, near some great little restaurants and Volunteer Park.

I've read the other reviews and I can see why some would think the location isn't great for tourists... it isn't in downtown Seattle. It's up a hill above Seattle. It's not far, but it's not downtown. If you have a car it isn't a problem, downtown is just a mile or two away. If you are going to the group health medical center nearby this place would be perfect. This is a great place for people who are travelling by themselves.

I was travelling for work. The inn had everything I wanted, a quick breakfast (make yourself, but lots of choices), free internet, free use of the huge kitchen, watch TV with everyone - or not, nice clean bathrooms with great water pressure. There was an iron and ironing board in my room (had to have for work), a great front porch and just a quick jog to the beautiful Volunteer Park.

I stayed in the top room (the window you see at the top of the picture on their website is the most comfortable window seat!!!)

I ate at the Coastal Kitchen - the food was wonderful. I also had cocktails at the 22 Doors... they have a very long list of specialty cocktails and a funky, but nice, courtyard to sit in.

Enjoy!

• Liked — My room and the great kitchen
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
calgary
Reviewed April 15, 2008

I have stayed in this guest house in March, and as I mentioned before that this is a real nice and clean guest house, but we had had a bit trouble with the inn keeper for our pet, as he was making us to carry the pet and restrain the dog in the bedroom only.

Ever since we came back to Calgary, the guest house owner has phoned twice to apologize and informed us that she has talked to the Inn keeper and made sure he understand the pet policy. She mentioned that she has a dog herself and every time she comes to the guest house, her dog always happily run around the house and it is never a problem.

Beyond our expectation, she even refunded our accommodation in full and asked us to give them another chance to host us and make sure the pet issue will work out well.

We are very impressed by her sincerity, and she made us feel being treated equal as every other guests. She also mentioned that she will make sure to let the pet allergic guests know that this is a pet friendly place, so pets will be allowed to walk around the house.

Her sincere apology really has made up for the earlier trouble and we will definitely stay again in Capital Hill Guest house if we happen to stay in Seattle again in the future!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 11, 2008

A good B&B (nice bed linens, cream deep pile carpets, bath robes, quiet, nice breakfast) in a great location. We dined at the Kingfish Cafe which was fantastic - great Southern food and only a 10 minute walk away. I would not recommend this if you like to be fussed over as the breakfast is help yourself etc but if you like to be independent, like peace and quiet and be in a nice neighbourhood this is for you.

• Liked — location and peace and quiet of the house
  • Disliked — There were cats so could be problematic if you have allergies
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
Ontario
Reviewed February 29, 2008

Stayed here last fall on a sightseeing trip for 2 nights. A wonderful, modern B and B. Very clean bathrooms, plush robes and towels, ultra soft linens. Wireless internet worked perfectly. Very quiet house. This is not your typical b and b with breakfast served in the morning; rather it is a do-it-yourself affair BUT the food is provided. Great pastries and yogurts, though wish there had been some lower-fat stuff available.
The only thing I regretted about staying here was the location. If you know Seattle well and/or have a car, that is no problem. However I didn't know Seattle at all and did not have a car, and found the bus system difficult to figure out. Had read somewhere (here, maybe?) before booking that the House is walking distance to downtown - but it really is not. Took about 35 minutes to get downtown, walking fast. And then after touring around downtown all day, walked uphill all the way back to the B and B. Luckily I had a friend with me - by myself, this would have been a demoralizing walk, as the scenery is not great - busy streets, commercial, lots of cars.
There are no restaurants within walking distance, so went downtown again for dinner. This time we cabbed it and it cost about $15 each way. Made for an expensive night out. Would much preferred a hotel downtown.
If I go to Seattle again, I will not stay in Capitol Hill. I will spend the extra $30 or so and get a 4* hotel downtown. That way I will have the convenience of walking everywhere - many great restaurants downtown, also a few theatres - and will be close to the major bus routes to get to other neighbourhoods.
Bottom line: great house and amenities, but not a good location for tourists.

Stayed November 2007