“Well situated, nice area”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seattle
Bed and Breakfast Inn Seattle
Ranked #16 of 28 Seattle B&B and Inns
Lulea, Sweden
“Well situated, nice area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Clean and comfortable. Small room, though. We missed lamps for reading by the bed and a bed table. Beautiful view from our shared balcony. Great breakfasts and nice kitchen with space in the fridge for your own cooking. Very nice location in quiet residential area close to restaurants and shops down by Broadway, Pike and Pine where the action is. Good bus connection to downtown and elsewhere, for example Ballard, although walking there was no problem. Good base for a few days exploring Seattle.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MatsELule_

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I always like to begin with the positives; the staff was friendly, the residents(!) were nice, the breakfast was yummy, and our room was clean. However, our room was uncomfortably tiny. The queen bed literally took up the entire room! My husband keeps referring to it as "the jail". Our room was also off the kitchen - literally two steps away so there wasn't a sense of privacy. This was half boarding house half B&B. It just wasn't the experience we were hoping for.

Room Tip: What happens in your main floor bedroom DOES NOT stay in your main floor bedroom!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Taji B
InnSeattleGal, Owner at Bed and Breakfast Inn Seattle, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
We are very sorry to hear that this guest's Wedding Anniversary weekend was not up to what he was expecting. We had several more spacious upper floor rooms available during their midweek stay and would have gladly moved them if they had just let us know they were not happy. The very reasonable rate was likely too tempting to pass up when booking online. All of the other BnB's in our area this time of year charge $40-50 more per night for a private bath, FULL Breakfast and parking. Our "Mini Ensuite on Main Floor", as it is described on our website, is mini and is on the main floor conveniently located near the living room and kitchen area. And yes, they have provided a very helpful tip! Anything loudly that happens in a room at a BnB, does not stay in your room. Residential walls are designed a bit differently than hotel walls. Keeping it PG is a just good BnB guest etiquette. We really wish we were given the opportunity to make this guest's stay more comfortable.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here while checking out Seattle colleges and universities. It is walking distance to Seattle U and easily accessible by transit to many tourist destinations. It was in a nice, quiet neighborhood, the room was clean and comfortable and staff were warm and welcoming.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Mary D
Sequim, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

The good:
Clean
Quiet
Nice employee (but ineffective)

The bad:
It's cold! In order to save money, I imagine, the heat is only run at certain times of the day. The employee who watches the property does not have access and was unable to reach the owner to actually turn on the heat with the recent snow! For breakfast we were told we could bring down blankets to keep us warm, or bring down our room's space heater (3 floors up). The employee turned on the oven in an attempt to heat the area.

The food (or lack there of). If you don't like yogurt for morning breakfast, you're SOL. The coffee was weak and bad. (Probably another attempt to save money).

Bathrooms are shared, but clean.

Most people are long term residents, who hang out together. So it has kind of a funny feel like you are the outsider to an insider's party.

While our room advertised a queen, it was actually a full (pretty snug for 2people)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank C J
InnSeattleGal, General Manager at Bed and Breakfast Inn Seattle, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
I'd like to respond to this reviewer's comments about the service and accommodations at our home. Firstly, the reservation was made for two guests in a room with one queen size bed and one twin. When the party arrived they had three people in their group but were very non-committal about whether the third person was actually going to stay or just visit because she lived close by. They did not register or pay for the third guest at check-in as our policy requires. We realized the next morning when all three gals came down for breakfast that she had indeed stayed in the room. In addition, the 3rd guest was unhappy with us. She complained that she was cold in the room. Our Innkeeper apologized and offered a space heater for their room, assuming that they had already turned on the radiator in their room and it was not sufficient. It turns out they had not turned on the radiator in their room and therefore had no heat all night. During breakfast they asked if the heat in the main portion of the house could be turned up and our innkeeper explained that the radiant heating system was programmed at 72 degrees in the day, 68 at night and she did not have access to change it. The other two gals in her party told the innkeeper that they felt fine, other guests said they were fine, so the cold guest was offered a blanket for her lap. This was extremely offensive to our non-paying guest and in a desperate attempt to alleviate the awkwardness at the breakfast table, our innkeeper opened the oven door to let the heat out into the room. Nothing made her happy. We serve a continental breakfast in the off season of fruits, yogurt, hot and cold cereals, toast or pastries, coffee, tea and orange juice. Not sufficient for her. The queen size bed in the room is a beautiful plush firm Beauty Rest Classic mattress, less than a year old. It absolutely is a queen and then some. But it might not feel like it when you are fuller framed and sharing with a friend or sister that you don't normally sleep with. As far as the longer term guests at the house making her feel like an outsider… that is something on a deeper level we can't fix. We have lovely guests that enjoy staying here so much they have taken advantage of our monthly rates so they can be in town to help with their new grandbabies or while on temporary assignment for work or while on an extended vacation. This is a wonderful compliment to us. We do our very best to accommodate everyone but it takes quite a bit of patience and grace to handle someone who is unhappy before they arrive to your door. We never charged their card on file for the additional guest but it was still not good enough.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

We are from out of town and my fiance and I were visiting Seattle area (over labor day weekend) from Boston and didn't know the area very well at all. We couldn't be more pleased with our stay in the Capitol Hill area and our time @ Seattle Hill B&B. Our room was perfectly clean and while we had to "share" a bathroom, we never once bumped into anyone there (there were two options) even though the Inn was full.

Additionally, Shannon (the owner) was a wonderful host and made various recommendations for things to do in the area which made our time that much more enjoyable. We loved the quiet neighborhood that we were set in. The in is about a 1.8 mile or so walk from some of the sites downtown -- but the walk itself was very enjoyable and worth the time.

One day we did take a cab down to pike's market and I believe it was ~10 bucks.

All-in-all it was a very great stay! The only reason for 4 stars in service is because we ended up getting there earlier than we had specified and had a hard time getting in touch with someone to get checked in. Ultimately we got a hold of Shannon and she walked us through getting settled in very easily.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jon H
Kingston, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

Although we traveled from NY to bond with our two-year old granddaughter and her parents who live around the corner, we thoroughly enjoyed our down time at this cozy home away from home. When we weren't meeting family or friends, we relaxed in lounge chairs on the lovely front porch with tea or wine, and tourist information books and flyers found in the kitchen and living room. It was easy to walk to restaurants, and Volunteer Park's Conservatory, Asian Art Museum, and Water Tower with views of mountains in all three of Washington's National Parks. Nearby bus stops made it easy to visit downtown tourist areas and reach the LINK train to the airport. My favorite perks were the pot of early morning coffee in the living room (ready with the push of a button) and fast internet. The delicious breakfast was served between 7-9 AM by our cordial host, Susan. Susan, and Shannon, the proprietor were gracious and helpful, and even had our room ready before check-in. Our quiet, first-floor room had a really comfortable bed, windows that opened easily for fresh air, large desk area, and great shower in the claw-foot tub. We will return to this special place whenever we are in Seattle.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank NYretiredteacher
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

For Labor Day weekend, I had a confirmed reservation at the generically named "Bed and Breakfast Inn Seattle," which apparently is really a boarding house.

I printed out the confirmation and brought it with me. Crossed all my Is and dotted my Ts. Or so I thought.

I had two nights in the San Juan Islands before this reservation, and was in a remote spot with limited cell phone reception. As I drove closer to town on the island, a couple of voicemail messages had come through.

But then it was difficult to retrieve them. Once I did, I burst into tears listening to this so-called B&B manager telling me that she "hadn't heard from me" and assumed "I wasn't coming; and now they're full" and she had canceled my reservation. All of this delivered in a very nasty tone of voice.

I immediately went to the reception area of my resort and asked if I could use their phone. Mine wasn't working for outgoing calls. When I got through to ___face, she was so so so rude...let me tell you, I am not that hard to rattle and it still upsets me to relive this incident. Basically, she had overbooked, and had egg on her face, and had to blame someone. Unfortunately, that had to be me. Here I am, the person on vacation, and I'm responsible for re-re-confirming a paid reservation?! I'm sorry, what kind of Mickey Mouse operation is this? Appalling lack of professionalism all around (their email address didn't even work.)

She ended the call by threatening to charge me for the room, even through she was the one canceling my confirmed reservation.

The manager of the lovely resort on San Juan Island called around and finally found a room for me at their sister property. It wasn't convenient, and cost me a lot in cabs, but I was very grateful.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
9 Thank Emm_Dash
InnSeattleGal, Owner at Bed and Breakfast Inn Seattle, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
We were equally in an awful position. This guest booked a reservation over the phone 12 days before her expected date of arrival and was uncomfortable giving her credit card to secure the room. She instead was going to send us a check that day for the one night deposit. As the busy holiday weekend approached, no check arrived. We called several times to ask her if she would still be coming and if so, would she secure her room with some form of deposit. It was a holiday weekend after all and we would have no problem filling her room if she did not intend to come. Empty rooms on holiday weekends are a huge loss for a small business. When she finally did call, she screamed at me telling me I had ruined her vacation in the San Juan Islands because she had to go the hotel lobby to get to a phone, and that I had better hold her room regardless of whether the check had arrived yet. And she was still not willing to give a credit card! After being screamed at, and her unwillingness to provide a credit card, we did not want this woman in our home. We let her know that her unsecured reservation would not be honored. From her review it appears she stayed in the islands longer, as she probably suspected would be the case, and why she refused to secure her reservation in the first place.