“Service got much better”
Review of Belle Epicurean

Belle Epicurean
Ranked #12 of 131 Coffee & Tea in Seattle
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Our downtown cafe is located on the ground floor of the Fairmont Olympic Hotel with access from the hotel arcade level as well as from 4th avenue.Visit our newly opened Madison Park location at 3109 East Madison St. across from the Arboretum.
Seattle, Washington
“Service got much better”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have been to Belle Epicurean a few times in the past month after staying away for a few years due to a few bad experiences. The staff is all new and seem better trained and more focused on customer services. We got our orders in a reasonable amount of time and staff were nice (both were problems in the past). Their food has always been excellent so I am glad that the service issues were corrected. This is some of the best French cafe food in Seattle.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Seattle_Wine_Travels

• Indonesian first
North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
“Nice cafe food and pleasant helpful staff. Great coffees.”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This small cafe is within the Fairmont Olympic Hotel but apparently not run by it. The coffee is excellent. The orange juice fine and the food satisfactory with the usual limited choice for a small coffee shop. Certainly cheaper than the hotel breakfast and it suited us.

• Visited June 2013
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Nice breakfast place”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Belle Epicurean is a small coffee shop on 4th Ave. They have a few tables and offer coffee, pastries and sandwiches, just like Starbucks. The difference, though, is that food, including pastries, is prepared in the shop.

Coffee was nice and the Almond croissant excellent. IMO way better than any of the coffee chain stores. This will be my place for breakfast in future if I stay in the area.

• Visited May 2013
Amarillo, Texas
“Great food is just part of the experience”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had lunch with a friend at this restaurant. I've never been to Europe, but based on the movies I've seen, this place made me feel like I was in a quaint cafe in France. The smells when you walk in are remarkable. The lady behind the counter was very patient as we asked about various menu items and she helped us pick the perfect baguette sandwich. We found a table by the window and let the quaint cafe atmosphere surround us as we waited for our lunch. When my hot chocolate arrived, I took a picture and sent it to my son. He got a real kick out of it looking just like in the movie The Green Hornet. Then our sandwiches were served. Mine was so delicious! It seems wrong to even classify it as a sandwich. I had the Black Forest Ham & Gruyere Cheese. The bread was fresh and the sandwich was warm. My only complaint about lunch was that I was too full to try a pastry for dessert. In all seriousness, it was a great experience all around!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank TxRangerFan
Seattle, Washington
“the worst croissant I may have ever eaten.”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

that's not a hyperbole, I can't remember a worse piece of pastry not even at Safeway. It was crazy salty, greasy, and sour. I have made croissants at home and I can't even imagine how they got this flavor. the place is charming the staff was polite and the price was reasonable at $2.89 but wow that was one awful croissant

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank o p
howfer, Owner at Belle Epicurean, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
First and foremost I want to apologize for your lousy experience at Belle Epicurean at the Fairmont Olympic. Last month we had an issue where a batch of over proofed croissant dough was erroneously baked and sold in our downtown store. This error was quickly noticed and remedied but not before several were sold to guests. Belle Epicurean is noted often as having one of Seattle's best croissants and we are truly sorry that we failed on this day to deliver our best effort. I hope will will give us another chance when in the area!