“Nice breakfast place”

Belle Epicurean
Ranked #10 of 273 Coffee & Tea in Seattle
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our downtown cafe is located on the ground floor of the Fairmont Olympic Hotel with access from the hotel arcade level as well as from 4th avenue.Visit our newly opened Madison Park location at 3109 East Madison St. across from the Arboretum.
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Nice breakfast place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Belle Epicurean is a small coffee shop on 4th Ave. They have a few tables and offer coffee, pastries and sandwiches, just like Starbucks. The difference, though, is that food, including pastries, is prepared in the shop.

Coffee was nice and the Almond croissant excellent. IMO way better than any of the coffee chain stores. This will be my place for breakfast in future if I stay in the area.

• Visited May 2013

• Indonesian first
Amarillo, Texas
“Great food is just part of the experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had lunch with a friend at this restaurant. I've never been to Europe, but based on the movies I've seen, this place made me feel like I was in a quaint cafe in France. The smells when you walk in are remarkable. The lady behind the counter was very patient as we asked about various menu items and she helped us pick the perfect baguette sandwich. We found a table by the window and let the quaint cafe atmosphere surround us as we waited for our lunch. When my hot chocolate arrived, I took a picture and sent it to my son. He got a real kick out of it looking just like in the movie The Green Hornet. Then our sandwiches were served. Mine was so delicious! It seems wrong to even classify it as a sandwich. I had the Black Forest Ham & Gruyere Cheese. The bread was fresh and the sandwich was warm. My only complaint about lunch was that I was too full to try a pastry for dessert. In all seriousness, it was a great experience all around!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank TxRangerFan
Seattle, Washington
“the worst croissant I may have ever eaten.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

that's not a hyperbole, I can't remember a worse piece of pastry not even at Safeway. It was crazy salty, greasy, and sour. I have made croissants at home and I can't even imagine how they got this flavor. the place is charming the staff was polite and the price was reasonable at $2.89 but wow that was one awful croissant

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank o p
howfer, Owner at Belle Epicurean, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
First and foremost I want to apologize for your lousy experience at Belle Epicurean at the Fairmont Olympic. Last month we had an issue where a batch of over proofed croissant dough was erroneously baked and sold in our downtown store. This error was quickly noticed and remedied but not before several were sold to guests. Belle Epicurean is noted often as having one of Seattle's best croissants and we are truly sorry that we failed on this day to deliver our best effort. I hope will will give us another chance when in the area!
London, United Kingdom
“Breakfast in Paris!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stumbled on this quaint establishment when looking for a quick breakfast walking from our hotel. It was like being in France again....the smell of croissants baking in the oven, coffee aroma in the air...beautiful marble top tables....
The framed diploma on the wall from Le Cordon Bleu school in France for "Patisserie" all made sense now! We had cafe au lait, ham & cheese croissants for breakfast and then ended up buying the macaroons we saw in the window for later. We have NOT had macaroons this heavenly since Laduree in Paris!
If you want a big American breakfast, this is not for you. If you need to go to France for an hour...then stop by this place and enjoy the trip!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank McFarrigle
guatemala
“Amazing, always!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We've been to Belle Epicurean so many times, every yearly trip to Seattle to go every day... It's that good! The lemon brioche, the chai chocolate bun, the pain au chocolate, the baguette sandwiches, etc, etc, etc. If you love a true Parisian bakery, this is it!

1 Thank mencos1

Been to Belle Epicurean? Share your experiences!