“Best coffee house in Seattle”
Review of Caffe d'Arte

Caffe d'Arte
Ranked #51 of 276 Coffee & Tea in Seattle
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Georgetown
Inland Northwest
“Best coffee house in Seattle”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My all time favorite coffee house in Seattle. Having moved away from Seattle after 6 years, I make a point to stop here every time I make it back into the city. Fortunately, in the meantime, a local coffee house carries their Firenze and Capri roasts :) Don't bother with mass produced, low quality coffee-- this is where you'll find the good stuff!

Visited March 2012

Orlando, FL
“Surprising stop”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Never heard of it but stopped in (thanks to the coffee crawl tour offered via Seattle by Foot). Loved it! My husband aka the coffee drinker found it to be comparable to Starbucks while I fell in love with th blackberry limonada. This location wasn't overly busy so we had time to chat with the barista who suggested an awesome coffee shot and told us about the local roasting plant. Also she explained about latte art, the Seattle competition, and demonstrated how it wa done.
Great time, knowledgeable staff, and friendly faces...with we had one close by!

• Visited June 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Horrible coffee, smelly and plain”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We love Caffe d'Arte coffee but I poured this out after a few sips, just horrible. Making matters worse was a stuck up distracted barista (even though the place was almost empty - apparently he needed to finish his conversation with a co-worker who was just standing around). The bathroom was out of order and may have contributed to an overall smelly cafe, there was no water offered and the tables were dirty.

• Visited May 2012
United States
“Despite my expectations, a bit disappointing”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I was looking forward to visiting the Caffe d'Arte headquarters bistro since their espresso is among my top two or three nationwide - even worldwide. Visiting Seattle, where I once lived, I called ahead and asked what espresso places in various Seattle neighborhoods might serve Caffe d'Arte, and long story short, they couldn't tell me.

So I went to their HQ - located in a slightly shabby part of downtown Seattle. Not really attractive from the outside, and a visually cold interior - quite a surprise. (I'm not an interior designer, but I could transform the place easily in a month if it were my responsibility and my espresso company.)

But never mind, I was there for the coffee, so I got a dry cappuccino. And despite my love for Caffe d'Arte coffee, what I got was better than average, but not by much. Good flavor, but no complexity, little depth. Why do they make Caffe d'Arte better at Anna Bananas in Portland than they do at the Caffe d/Arte flagships store in Seattle?

So all in all, it was a disappointment.

Visited August 2011
Philadelphia
“great coffee shop”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We went in search of a traditional Seattle coffeeshop, and based on several reviews on the internet, apparently this was THE place. We had several iced coffees and iced mochas here, actually - we went 3 times in 24 hours! Would highly recommend to serious coffee drinkers.

• Visited June 2011