“Different Kind of Pan, but New Favorite Seattle Hotel.”

Pan Pacific Seattle
Ranked #16 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I booked here because I love the Vancouver BC Pan. I booked a suite room on the Denny street side. When I pulled in via auto, I was initially very conflicted. The entryway was unexpected--it looked small and , well, hmmmm. The place is small-- a boutique hotel. But the Pan spirit was there from entry. Hmmm. I checked in. The staff was excellent on check in. The room was beautiful--simple, elegant, perfect---but oh my gawd the road noise was crazy. And some other noise emanating from the bowels. I couldn't tell from what. I tried to sleep there the first night and just couldn't. I called the desk. They, with grace and style, gave me a choice of a number of other rooms, took me around to view them, and I moved to the courtyard side. Heaven. And I would late find that the location is exceptional. If you're driving, it's right off a major freeway exit. If you're walking downtown to Nordstroms's or elsewhere--enjoy. And the best? Excellent pet store right across the courtyard, exceptional spa, and a WHOLE FOOD STORE and deli just downstairs.

So sum: VERY unobtrusive boutique Pan. No flash, no dash, but the longer I was there, the more I realized---this is really it in Seattle. New favorite Seattle hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,609)

Reviewed August 31, 2009

Didn't need our car. Basically parked the car on Friday and picked it up on Monday when we left. Save yourself the rental and Valet fees. This hotel is a short walk to just about everywhere you want to go. Most enjoyed a very comfortable room with a unique closeable opening to the bath room that made the room feel much larger. Service was top notch, bedding comfortable, even room service impecable all for an excellent price...

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2009

I booked this hotel for $150 per night for 2 nights (Got it 4 weeks prior for the discount) What I loved about this hotel was the hotel itself. The room which is practically a luxury suite with a dadami door connecting the bath tub so you can watch the flat screen TV while taking a bubble bath. I requested 2 queen beds and we still had so much space, which is crucial since I get claustrophobic.

It IS a bit of a walk from the center of the city, but doable. I think it took me 25 minutes to walk to the center which is really not a deal breaker.

AND, its on top of Whole Foods, which might question a few as to why its a big deal. But the fact isn't the market itself, but its the deli, the cafe, and basically your own DIY restaurant. I had fresh soup and croissant for breakfast, and got a pastry to go in my bag for the walk, then when I came back after a modest dinner I got myself a crab cake and coffee.

Definitely will return.

***Internet was free at the business center***

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2009

The PP claims their beds were first commissioned by the Royal Family in the UK, and it's likely true. Most comfortable sleep I've had in a hotel in years. We stayed in a corner King unit with a great view of the Space Needle, which is especially great at night. Spacious rooms with glamourous bathrooms that open onto the suite via sliding doors. Clean decor with professional staff & service. The Neopolitan pizza restaurant attached is great food for little $, and the hotel sits above a Whole Foods, which serves up great world cuisine in cheap to-go style. The room was pricey, but worth it if you feel like splurging. Park on your own over the valet, it's cheaper by about $10 per day. Located 20 min walk from Space Needle park, 15 min. walk from Pike Place Market and downtown strolling. All easily walkable from the hotel, save a few hills. Room service menu is pricey, but the food is very good. In-room movie selection is also great, but $15 per movie a bit steep.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrookesyM
Reviewed August 21, 2009

The Pan Pacific Seattle is one of those rare hotels where they focus on service. The friendly and courteous staff went out of their way to make our family feel at home. We were traveling with our two daughters (ages 6 & 9). The hotel is located close to great restaurants (in particular those belonging to Tom Douglas) and shopping (Nordstroms, Old Navy, Macy's, The Westlake Center and Pan Pacific Center). We were able to walk to the Pike Place Market and take a short shuttle ride to the pier where we boarded a ship for a cruise to Alaska. Staff were attentive, friendly and kind. The hotel was immaculate, the staff were knowledgeable and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. Rooms were clean, sheets were crisp, bathrooms spacious and well stocked with beautiful product and nice robes. There is a Starbucks connected to the hotel that opens at 5:00 am for those in need of a java 'fix'. There is also a magnificent Whole Foods store below the hotel that has a gourmet selection of prepared food and a great snack bar that serves meals from breakfast through dinner. The selection at Whole Foods was great and appealing to our kids and quick. We were near the Space Needle, Science Center and Experience Music Project. The hotel also made a car and driver (Lincoln Town Car) available to us Monday to Friday to drive us to sights and take my husband to the Ball Game. Our stay was most enjoyable. We will return to the Pan Pacific Seattle and recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank wendal18
Reviewed August 21, 2009

My family of four and our 19-year-old German friend stayed at the Pan Pacific for three nights in early August. After looking online for the best rates, I called the hotel directly who gave me the same rates I would have had through Expedia, a deal at $235 for two, spacious, Executive King rooms, (814 and 914) with all the bells and whistles. The beds were the most comfortable I've slept on in any hotel. The teenagers who drew the short straws for the pull-out couches said they were good, too. The bathrooms were first-class with separate shower and large soaker tub. I was impressed to see that the coffee supplied in the room was the same rather expensive brand we use at home. My husband and I used the gym facilities which had top-notch equipment. The rooms, lobby and hallways were spotlessly clean. It was the best chain hotel I've stayed at where you get the local feel of the city: the hallways were decorated with historical photos of old Seattle, the Space Needle featured prominently in the view (the hotel is situated to maximize the views for as many rooms as possible), the modernist glass architecture in the hotel and surrounding neighbourhood was typical Seattle, reflecting the subtle Pacific Northwest skies. The view from the courtyard looking towards the Needle is very fine. While we never ate at the hotel restaurant, the large Whole Foods store at the street level was ideal for breakfast and a fast snack. How much more Seattle can you get than drinking fresh, organic carrot juice? The upscale pizza restaurant next door was delicious. The service was attentive and genuinely friendly. The restaurant recommendations were excellent. The hotel surprised us with complimentary appetizers while we were seated at a near-by Italian restaurant.

And now to location, which the previous reviewer didn't like. It's just east of the Space Needle and slightly north of downtown, about a 10-minute walk to Nordstrom's. When our bags were too full from a day of shopping the taxi fare back to the hotel was less than 5 bucks, but otherwise we walked. If one were staying in a larger city, such as New York, one wouldn't even notice such a triviality. The hotel felt as if it were in a real cool urban neighbourhood, where people actually lived, but with the benefit of being right next to the downtown core. (Silly, I know, but I could imagine Frasier neurotically pacing behind one of the penthouse windows in the surrounding condos.) We went to several local restaurants, where real Seattle people eat, which were fabulous. And so, unless you have serious mobility issues, don't let the location deter you. And even then, take a cab.

The best of all was the service. I'd stupidly left my expensive telephoto lens and camera bag in my room after check-out, which I'd tucked in the night table stand. The hotel kindly shipped it to my home right away.

While you're in Seattle, here's a must-see. Be sure to check out the Experience Music Project (EMP), rent the iPods and listen to the guitars in the guitar gallery. Very cool.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank Cilantro_and_Lime
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Staying here due to Trip Advisor Reviews.
Thought I had booked a Suite with Balcony at $299 per night close to Downtown Seattle.
Actually staying in one large clean modern room (525 SqFt?) with Balcony, in what seems like, the middle of knowhere. Car Parking is $33 for 24 Hrs.
For $247 per night, you can stay at the Grand Hyatt Downtown in an Executive 2 room Suite (812 SqFt).

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family