“Great Hotel in a Good location.”

Pan Pacific Seattle
Ranked #18 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed here for Canadian thanks giving and the Seahawk"s football Game . It is not quite down town and not quite bell town but somewhere in the convenient middle. As I visit both it was perfect for us. Short walk either direction will get you to shopping or to great bars and restaurants. I even walked to Qwest field and did not find it to long as Seattle is a great walking city. Rooms are nice service is very friendly and efficient. There is a starbucks next door and Whole Foods down stairs. Bar is great with very good service and breakfast was very good. All in all a very good choice in Seattle.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle_PanPacific, Manager at Pan Pacific Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

I hope you enjoyed the Canadian Thanksgiving Holiday as well as the Seattle Seahawks’ game. We are honored that you chose the Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle for your trip from up North. Our visitors from Vancouver keep increasing every year and we could not be more excited about it. Please come back and see us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Pan Pacific Seattle

Reviewed October 22, 2013

good for stay couple of night,, the first one having been in the Manila where the hotel service, quality and caliber was top notch akin to a Four Seasons or The Ritz but more attentive. The hotel has a courtesy car to take you anywhere in a two mile radius of the hotel, a very complete fitness center, a huge tub in bathroom,. Check in was amazing. Fast and friendly. My issue was in the bar. Slow service. Terrible cocktails. If you don't know how to make cocktails, say so. Breakfast server in same room was really crotchety.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

The feedback that you shared on TripAdvisor is very helpful as we are always looking at ways to improve. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the appropriate managers and departments. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything else you would like to comment on further. Thank you once again for staying with us.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I sleep in hotels around the world about 60 nights/year. Have always wanted to stay in a Pan Pacific property but they are tough to find outside of Asia so my loyalty leans to Hilton because of the domestic options. Was in Seattle for 4 nights and needed to change hotels for the last 2 because I needed to extend my stay so this was a perfect chance to give the only North America PP a try. I found it clean, modern and with nicely designed touches in the rooms. I most enjoyed the dedicated employees that learned my name on arrival remembered it throughout my stay. The workout room, although across the drive, was better than most and the convenience of the car service was an appreciated amenity. I would agree with others on this site that the bar was a bit of a shortcoming mainly because of tight quarters that force you to be within awkward earshot of other patrons when they don't realize that they should have stopped imbibing about 3 drinks prior. I would not hesitate to stay here again when in Seattle and if they had more locations around North America, they would easily steal me away from the brand of the big blue "H".

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the very kind feedback you posted on TripAdvisor. We feel very fortunate that you needed to extend your stay in Seattle and ended up choosing our hotel to do so. Just as you mentioned, we would also love to have more properties in North America, so we will be keeping our fingers crossed as well. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle, thank you so much for staying with us.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Just spent three nights at the Pan Pacific. All of the staff were very helpful. Within 20 minute walking distance to many sights if you're inclined. The hotel has a courtesy car to take you anywhere in a two mile radius of the hotel, a very complete fitness center, a huge tub in bathroom and a Whole Foods market is 30 yards away.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate you staying at the Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle for 3 nights past month. I hope you enjoyed your time in the Pacific Northwest and the great city of Seattle. Please let us know if there is ever anything else we may assist you with.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is the second Pan Pacific I have stayed in, the first one having been in the Manila where the hotel service, quality and caliber was top notch akin to a Four Seasons or The Ritz but more attentive.. In Asia, there was a butler assigned to my floor who tended to everything from shoes shined to food delivered and served on a rolling table. But that is the Pan Pacific brand in Asia.

In Seattle, the Pan Pacific is a small, understated, with Japanese/modern accents to its rooms. Nice art around the hotel. There is no butler service but we are in the US after all. The extensive toiletries are very nice addition, better than what's provided in most 4 Star Hotels. My room was a balcony room with shades that open with a view of the courtyard. Towels are soft and lush. On another occasion my room had a view of the lake and my bathtub and sliding door panels that opened one wall to the water view, very nice. For the price, I like staying at the Pan Pacific because it is smaller, more like a boutique hotel where you feel at home. Some hotel staff remembered my name, very nice. It's intimately small hotel. I don't like hotel air conditioning as the same air is filtered throughout the building. I like that the Pan Pacific have room windows that open. This is the perfect hotel to stay in if you like to walk and be away from the maddening hectic downtown hotel scene.

Tip: Please ask for a higher floor, the higher the better. You're paying over $150 a night, don't settle for a bad view because the high room views here are very nice. One can see planes land and take off from the water view rooms. There is a Whole Foods Market down below for great, organic food. 39 Coins is up the street and you can walk to my favorite glass art museum, the Chihuly Gardens. For the budget conscious hotel food services are on the high side and gratuity is 20% and above. I'd go to Whole Foods or eat out.

Parking is not free and valet is very efficient and swift.

Visits 10+

Room Tip: Tip: Please ask for a higher floor, the higher the better. Ask for water view rooms. There are s...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

The Pan Pacific in Manila is a beautiful property and as you mentioned has a much different feel than our hotel. However, it is very nice to hear that you enjoyed our property just as much. We have worked extremely hard to keep our Asian influences while at the same time making sure we fit in with the culture of both Seattle and more specifically the South Lake Union area in which we reside. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us in advance for any future stays and we will do our best to accommodate your high floor request. Thank you once again for staying with us.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Expected way more. Room was just ok. Needs a refresh. Check in was amazing. Fast and friendly.

Breakfast server in same room was really crotchety. Added 18% gratuity and did not tell me. Did not give the itemized bill.

Felt like he was ripping me off. Won't be back anytime soon.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor from your stay with his past month. I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your experience in our bar and I have shared your feedback directly with our Restaurant Manager. If there is anything else you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at jeffrey.isenberg@panpacific.com. I hope you are willing to give us another chance the next time you travel to Seattle.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Nice, smaller hotel several blocks from the convention center and Pike Street. This makes for an invigorating walk if the convention center is your destination. The immediate surrounding area is nothing particularly special but you can walk to the Pike Street Market, Space Needle, shopping and Chihuly Gardens. As others have said, the Whole Foods on the street level is excellent, having one of the larger food bars (the largest according to the front desk). Grab a room on one of the higher floors for the view- my room was on the third floor and I overlooked the parking lot. Not a big deal since I was rarely in the room. Speaking of rooms, the room size was average with up to date decorations, a rather firm bed, good desk and good sized flat screen TV. Wi-fi is high speed and complimentary. The gym is across the parking lot, open 24 hrs and is well equipped with LifeFitness treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes and weight equipment. The whirlpool was closed. Overall a very good hotel, with friendly staff, not in the center of activity.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for traveling all the way from the East Coast and for staying with us at the Pan Pacific. Your feedback is truly appreciated as we are continuously trying to improve both our product and service. I apologize that the whirlpool was unexpectedly closed for maintenance during your visit and can assure you that everything has been fixed with no further issues. Please let us know if there is anything else we may assist you with in the future.