“Wow! What a Hotel!”

Pan Pacific Seattle
Ranked #17 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I just returned from a three night/four day trip to Seattle and stayed at this excellent hotel. First, to the location. The hotel is located within walking distance of all the major sites including Pioneer Square, the Space Needle, Downtown Shopping and Pikes Market. In addition there is a Whole Foods attached to the Hotel that provides any grocery items you may want. I took the Light Rail from the airport to the Westlake Station which is only about a 10 minute walk from the hotel and unless you have a lot of luggage, this is a tremendous savings costing only $2.75 as compared to $50 for a taxi. My room was beautiful--a deluxe King. It had a large bathroom with a deep tub and separate shower. It was all marble and immaculate. The room was comfortable and the bed was heavenly. There was a large picture window looking out over the City. The staff was very accommodating and friendly and the Hotel was modern and bright. All in all, I had an excellent stay and will put this hotel at the top of my list for my next visit to Seattle. It's well worth the money for the location and convenience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Frbill92
Seattle_PanPacific, Manager at Pan Pacific Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor from your visit to Seattle this past September. We are glad that you enjoyed the convenient location of the Pan Pacific and that you were able to take advantage of Seattle's Light Rail system. I will be sure to share with our staff how comfortable you felt our rooms were as well as how accommodating and friendly their service was. Thank you once again for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have stayed at the Pan Pacific a number of times. Whilst it is a 4 star hotel the service is impeccable and the rooms are very comfortable and, to my eye, stylish. I have stayed at a number of supposedly 5 star hotels that could learn much from the Pan Pacific.

Free Wi-Fi and free bottled water are nice touches which make the guests feel like guests rather than cash cows.

My only issue with hotel is the location. It's perfectly located for visiting a certain Seattle based on-line retailer (and I guess 99% of the guests are here for that reason) but it's a long walk to downtown Seattle so, excellent as the hotel is, I would probably chose somewhere else to stay if I was here for the weekend with my family.

Still - this is one of my favourite hotels!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at the Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle as well as for becoming such a loyal guest of ours. We truly appreciate all feedback, especially from repeat guests such as yourself. If your family is ever able to join you on one of your trips, please note that we have a complimentary hotel vehicle that runs 7 days a week. We would be more than happy to transport you and your family anywhere within a 2 mile radius including the Pike Place Market, the waterfront, the Space Needle, or either of our sport stadiums. Additionally, if there is ever anything else we may assist you with, please do not hesitate let us know. Thank you once again for staying with us.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

My friend and I -- diehard Seahawks fans from the East Coast in town for the home opener -- spent three nights at the Pan Pacific for our "mancation." Ours was a very positive experience and we would highly recommend this hotel.

From the minute we checked in, the friendly staff seemed eager to please without the pretense of many other luxury hotel properties. The hotel is conveniently situated midway between the major tourist destinations of the Space Needle and Pike Place Market, both 15 minutes by foot. There's a complimentary car service within a 2-mile radius of the hotel that we took advantage of on multiple occasions, including to connect us with the Westlake light rail station.

Our double room was very cozy and spacious, with a view of Lake Union and the cityscape. The bed was quite comfortable.

There's a Whole Foods beneath the hotel, which is great if you want to grab a snack or bottled water, as well as a Starbucks and yoga studio at your front doorstep.

I look forward to my next visit. Hey, there's always the playoffs.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing the Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle for your "mancation" all the way from the East Coast. It seems like your visit got the Seahawks off to a great start this year which is great as you know how passionate the fans are here. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our property and hopefully we will see you again for the playoffs.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I travel extensively for work, and I would have to rank the Pan Pacific in my top 5 hotels to stay. Customer service is exemplary but nicely understated. Ambiance is excellent. The bar is the best, and I always meet my friends there when I am visiting. Rooms are clean and modern. I love the opening from the bath into the main room, since I love to have a bath after a long day at work. There is no penalty for booking your room through a discount site, in fact you can still earn points! It is a home away from home for me and I simply love it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Seattle_PanPacific, Manager at Pan Pacific Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

It is an honor to be considered one of your top 5 hotels to stay at. This truly means a lot to us, especially from someone who seems to travel so much. We look forward to having you back as our guest whether it is for business or pleasure. Thank you so much for staying with us as well as for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

One of the best Places we have ever stayed at! Great Rooms, fantastic Service, quiet but still Central location. We loved the Free Shuttle Service! Takes you anywhere within two Miles and also picks you up. Had a bathtub with view over all of lake Union in our Standard Queen room

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us this month. I truly hope you enjoyed the Pacific Northwest and that you will keep us in mind if you ever travel here again. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is ever anything else we may assist you with.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Love, love, love staying at the Pan while in Seattle. Every employee is top notch and certainly caters to customer service. I've stayed in both the regular room and the rooms with a balcony (of course the balcony room is my favorite). Bathrooms are amazing... love the deep soaker tub!

My only complaint is the rock hard bed. I do not recall the bed being so incredibly hard in the past.

Pros: Other than the amazing guest service... Starbucks right around the corner, Whole Foods around the other corner, a cute pet store and spa across the drive and great restaurants near (not the usual hotel restaurants).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We work very hard and providing the best customer service and it is great to hear adjectives such as "top notch." I also wanted to take a moment to sincerely apologize that you were not completely comfortable with our mattresses. Please let us know the next time you stay with us as we have many bedding options available to ensure that you have a comfortable night's sleep. Thank you once again for staying with us.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I will begin by saying that I am a travel agent and after
visiting the San Juan islands for a few days, we decided
to spend some time in Seattle. Rooms were super clean
and beds felt like being wrapped in a cocoon! Service
was wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel to
anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

I hope you enjoyed your time in the San Juan Islands and we are honored that you chose to stay with us to end your vacation. It means a lot to see you post feedback sharing how clean your room was and how wonderful you felt the service was. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you and your friends back to the Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle again in the near future.