“Great room & Good location”

Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle
Ranked #15 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
“Great room & Good location”
Reviewed August 1, 2007

We stayed at this property for 2 nights on our way to a cruise and loved it. It has a funky boutique vibe. The room was very comfortable and our 10 year old son loved the tub! I loved the Molton Brown products and the turn down service was a nice touch too. The hotel is not kid friendly but we enjoyed it anyway. We asked the front desk for a simple dinner spot and she suggested Quiznos sub shop! I am not sure if they are used to seeing kids.
We were able to walk down to Pike Street and shops and restaurants are nearby. We did not find our room dark, but the weather was bright and sunny and we had our curtains wide open. Everything in our room was in good working order. It took a minute to figure out the fancy phone though! We thought it was a good price for the property.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank Lope43

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Korean first
Merced, CA
Reviewed July 27, 2007

I stayed at the Hotel 1000 with my husband and 18-month old daughter while traveling on business. I had booked this hotel because of its location, but also because it advertised a bathtub that filled from the ceiling, which I knew my daughter would get a big kick out of. While it's obviously not a hotel that caters to families with small children, we had an excellent experience. The room was very well decorated, if a little masculine, and the bathroom was the best I've ever been in (in terms of size, awesome bathtub, and general design). The service was amazing--we ordered a fruit salad from room service at 10pm, and it was delivered within 15 minutes! We ate off the bar menu at the restaurant for a late lunch one day, and I was not terribly impressed--everything was very salty (maybe because it's bar food?). My only complaints: the refrigerator/bar area was very swanky and it actually looked like you could mix a cocktail or two with the supplies provided (they also had several different types of glasses available!). Anyway, the complaint is that everything in the bar and refrigerator is weight-sensitive, so it was impossible to store anything we brought with us. Second, the bottled water was not complimentary--a minor complaint, but this is a very expensive hotel, so I thought it would be a nice thing to do.

• Liked — Bathroom
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank Earlus
Chicago
Reviewed July 23, 2007

Great facility. Wannabe 1st class service but turns out very stuffy and contrived. Restaurant is absolutely dumb and forced...

• Liked — Not much...
  • Disliked — Too much to list...
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank NilsStCyr
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed July 23, 2007

Well, everything started out perfectly at this hotel. It is very boutique chic, kind of W Hotel at half the price. We were super impressed with the room and the bathroom with the tub that fills from the ceiling. They have Molten Brown bath toiletries, and lush towels. Everything seemed top notch. We were staying there for my birthday weekend for 2 nights. When we got back to the room the first night, we tried to watch a movie, but neither the remote control nor keyboard were working for the TV, so we couldn't get internet or TV. We called the front desk and they sent someone up, but he couldn't fix it. We asked them to fix it during the day while we were out the next day. When we returned to our room at the end of the night the next night, we had a really nice tray of truffles and chocolate covered strawberries with both still and bubbly water. We aren't sure to this day if it was for the broken TV or for my birthday. They didn't say. But it was a nice touch either way. Nonetheless, the TV still wasn't working properly nor was the internet, and we couldn't watch a movie again. And the screen on the phone (which is like a mini computer screen) was supposed to automatically dim at around 9pm, but it didn't and it was so bright lighting up the whole room, we had to cover it with towels and a pillow. Also, there was a light bulb burnt out in one of the closets, and it is so dark in these rooms that we couldn't see what we had in there. They didn't replace that either and so we swapped the bulb from one closet to the other, but then the light wouldn't go out when we closed the door. That was probably why it burnt out in the first place. Also, our desk lamp was broken and just hanging off it's base...I was surprised they'd let it just hang like that and not fix it before occupying the room. The final thing was that the lounge wasn't open at all, so we couldn't sit in our hotel and have cocktails which was too bad.

I handed a list of broken things to the front desk person when I checked out, and he just said sorry, and didn't offer up any sort of rebate or consolation for the shortcomings. I followed up when I got home with an email to the manager who'd left us the truffles, and he never replied to my email. I actually had to phone him a month later to ask him if he'd gotten my email, and he said sorry but he'd forgotten about it. He didn't offer and sort of consideration either.

So although I love the hotel and the price point, I felt they could have given us a bit more consideration with either attempting to fix the broken TV/console/remote, or giving us another room, or some sort of discount on the room, or a discount on a future stay would've been fine too.

I would go back one more time to see if this was just an odd, one time thing.

• Liked — Modern decor
  • Disliked — Many broken things in room
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Veritybenown
Chicago
Reviewed July 11, 2007

What a cool hote! Terrific, friendly, helpful service in the most unpleasant circumstances: The people in the room next door were having a very loud party at 3:30 AM. I called down to the front desk to complain- two minutes later, it was dead silent over there. The next morning, the manager sent me a very nice breakfast with his apologies. They also discounted my rate that night by 50%.

Very nice, contemporary accommodations- dark finishes with halogen lighting, almost too dark actually. The bathrooms are as described: very cool with trademark tubs. Internet access is fast and free.

Location is fairly good (especially if you want to peruse the adult bookstore next door!)- but it felt safe and was walking distance to most things (10 min uphill walk to convention center, 20-25 min uphill walk to space needle/experience music)

Cool lounge and restaurant in the lobby- didn't eat there but had drinks and appetizers- very tasty.

Off topic: we had a fantastic meal at the Dahlia Lounge- highly recommended for superb food, cool ambiance, and excellent wine list (96 Harlan for $350- no joke!)

• Liked — very comfortable, excellent service
  • Disliked — nothing really, pretty sollid
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business