“Wonderful Hotel and Staff”

Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle
Ranked #16 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed two nights over the weekend and loved it. The hotel is good looking and quiet, the beds and pillows are comfortable, the bath amenities are first-rate, and the level of service is exceptional. Despite the fact that preparations for what appeared to me to be a big wedding were underway, every request we made was taken with a smile and answered in a timely fashion. My only ding is that form trumped function in our bathroom. The sink faucet was one of those high arching jobs and the sink a small target far below. The result was lots - and lots - of splashing when trying to wash hands or face. Still, a minor point. Will stay there again and recommend it highly.

2  Thank DCBoomer
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear DCBoomer,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your expereince.

Saying that you will stay with us again as well as recommend us is an honor that we strive for with all of our guests.

Hope your travel plans will bring you back to Seattle and Hotel 1000.

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We came into town for a Seattle Symphony performance at Benaroya Hall. We had an excellent time. The service was so good, everything went so smoothly, valet parking and all the nice amenities of a starred hotel. Great location, we could walk everywhere after that. The Boka restaurant was a great brunch spot; delicious cocktails, nice salads. Room service was very good for breakfast. They have a very nice selection of wines. The Pacific NW Asian styling was very comfortable. Lovely bathtub. All in all a very lovely stay. I didn't make use of the Spa or Golf.. Maybe next time. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear HolyJolokia,

What a wonderful review this morning as I am enjoying my coffee in my office...

Thank you for the details you wrote about and am glad you had a memoreable stay with us and at The Symphony.

I see you are from Seattle- please come back soon and often for new memories..

Reviewed April 7, 2014

This hotel is wonderful. The location is great, the people are outstanding, and the room was perfect. Very cool tub with motorized shade to the room. Very worth the money! It was our 20th Wedding anniversary and we wanted to get out of town but couldn't. The staff gave us a few gifts which were not expected but very much appreciated! Thanks again, Hotel 1000!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael W

Dear Michael W,

Delighted that you celebrated your 20th anniversary with us and it appears you had a memoreable tme with us.

Thank you for writing about it for my staff and viewers to enjoy.

Please return in the near future for new memories...

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 7, 2014

This was my second stay here, my last being back in 2010. Very little had changed.Whilst some hotels look tired after a few years, this looked as good as new.

Service in the restaurant was still the biggest let down, however the evening bar staff certainly tried to make up for it. Met a lovely couple at the bar who had just got married (Congrats again if you read this). Nice sociable atmosphere.

The hotel lets itself down by stocking a particular coffee brand, however I assume this is so you are tempted by the coffee shop opposite. If you need a decent Flat White, pop over the road to Storyville. Much nicer than this hotel will serve you.

No issues with housekeeping, room kept very clean throughout my stay. I'd recommend this hotel if you are visiting Seattle.

Room Tip: Try and get a water view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Chistery,

Thank you for your return visit to Hotel 1000 and for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback regarding service in our Boka restaurant and our coffee provider is appreciated with follow up.

Thank you for your recommending our hotel and hope you will return for your 3rd visit.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We had a good 3 day stay here. Few issues stop it getting a 5 rating like us being out the room at 8am, sightseeing all day and getting back at 5pm and housekeeping still hadn't been in. Not good enough. We also had them knocking on our door one night close to 10 pm to do a turn down service! Really?
Service in the restaurant Boka is pretty poor as well. At the bar I chose my drink and got it and my gf asked for a minute to decide. We were ignored for 10+ mins and the place was dead. They need to sort this out.
Otherwise the front desk staff and guys on the door are great and very helpful. The hotel is really nice in a good location to walk to see the sights of Seattle. If you are here for a romantic weekend it is RIGHT next door to a sex shop/adult video store which might be handy lol!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear PK555,

Thank you for staying with us and giving constructive feedback that we appreciate very much. I have met with my managers in the restaurant to discuss the feedback that you have provided that certainly needs to be addressed.

Thanks again and hope that your travel plans bring you back to Seattle from the United Kingdom to our beautiful city and back to Hotel 1000.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I couldn't wait to give Hotel 1000 all the props they deserve. The hospitality is really top notch, from the front desk, room service, valet staff and spa are all professional and genuinely nice and that is extremely important. Our plane landed very early (9:45 am) and by the time we got to the hotel we were expecting to check our bags and go for a walk downtown, but to our surprise they had a room ready. Now that is what I call top notch service.

The rooms are modern and fairly spacious with an outstanding view of the water & mountains (10th floor). The bed is so comfortable with feather & foam pillows by request. We had cozy robes and slippers that added a special touch. There is also a Keurig coffee machine and electric tea pot. The bathroom has a deep soaking tub and separate shower.

The spa is lovely, I had a 90 min hot stone massage by Jo and she did a wonderful job relaxing and easing my tense body. I went down in my cozy robe and slippers and came back upstairs and went to bed! ooolah lah.

Aside from the this being a great hotel, the location is perfect. You are only 4 to 5 short blocks from the pike and many other restaurants.

We are really enjoying ourselves and will definitely make Hotel 1000 our oasis. Highly recommend!

1  Thank ForeverSunshiny
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Onlysunshine.

Wow- you certainly brought us sunshine after reading your review on your stay at Hotel 1000.

Thank you for the very kind comments and for taking the time to write such a detailed overview.

Thanks for your recommendation and hope that you will return soon and very often- we can always use more Sunshine....

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I stay in over 70 hotels a year. The hotel 1000 is by far one of the best.

I stayed at the Hotel 1000 for one night in May. I had their basic King room with a city view (although I could see a bit of the Puget Sound). The welcome was great from the valet through reception. The offer of a glass of champagne was a nice touch.

The room was very well appointed, the wifi worked really well, the bathroom was modern and good size. The concierge called my room after I had settled in to make sure everything was to my liking and to offer to set up dinner reservations should I want to go out for the evening.

The hotel restaurant is very good and Dan the bartender makes a great cocktail. Breakfast in the morning was also really well prepared and the service was great.

The hotel location is good in that it's a short walk up 1st Ave to the famous Pike Place Market, a slightly longer walk down 1st Ave to watch either the Seahawks or Mariners play or an easy walk to the convention centre and shopping malls. Basically this hotel is an easy walk to lots of great attractions, shops and restaurants in Downtown Seattle and at the end of the day it's a great hotel to come back to for a relaxing evening.

I used the gym, it was clean and well appointed with enough cardio machines and free weights to keep a person on the road fit. There is also a virtual golf area that looked fun but I didn't have time to use it.

I would recommend this hotel to businessmen, couples and families.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank UKWill99
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear UKWill99,

Thank you for staying with us in March and for taking alot of time to write about the many things you experienced at Hotel1000.

My staff loves reading what our guests have to say and yours has many things that will be putting alot of smiles on many faces.

Thank you your your recommendation and hope you will return soon and very often.