“did not disappoint”

GreenLeadersSilver level
St. John's, Antigua
“did not disappoint”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I arrive late at around 11:30pm. Service from every department was excellent. The room did not disappoint; stylish, comfortable, luxurious, well appointed, lots of special little touches. A woman's delight.....I only wished my partner was there to share it with me! The restaurant downstairs was excellent as was the lounge and Daniel's service. Stay the same and I'll be back and will highly recommend, as I have already!

Room Tip: Face 1st Avenue so you can get a view of the sea and mountains
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Evergreen36,

Thank you for your compliments and for taking the time to write about them.

We love putting smiles on our guets faces- I think we did that with you!!.

Hope you return soon and often.

Best regards,

Denny Fitzpatrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Korean first
socal
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Downtown location perfect for walking; all dealt with from booking to actual visit were fabulous. The rooms were comfortable and luxurious. LOVE the suite w/ extra room set-up. Will be staying again in the future!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rsmmama
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write your over view.

Delighted that you said you will stay with us again.

Best regards,

Ken Caryl
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We selected this hotel based on other TA reviews & were not disappointed. If you have traveled in Europe, you will find the interior design to be very European. Service was great; complimentary sparkling wine on arrival was a nice touch. Good value for what you get !

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Puget Sound side to get the best view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff L
Dear Jeff,

Delighted that you read other reviews before you decided to stay with us because of what other guests have experienced.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time at Hotel 1000 and look forward to your return visit.

Washington
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Hotel 1000 easily handled all of our family's needs from taking the car and bringing loads of stuff for an early check-in. The restaurant is perfect for families and business travelers. Give it high 90's for a score out of 100.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Shonan-Traveler
Dear Shonan,

Delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us and took the time to write to our reviewers. Thank you for you compliments about our Boka Restaurant which we are so very proud of.

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed four night for business purpose, the room has been booked by the company inviting me. Hotel is great, location too, conference room and meals, very good.

Let's speak about the bad:
1. Despite the fact the room was booked and advance and paid by a different organization, they frozen on my card over $400 for accommodation, for over two weeks. Awkward behavior!
2. I sent a very small package using the concierge service, and gave them my card for charge. Bad idea! The cost was supposed to be around $6. After more than one month, they charged me $90 for something. Asked them details, they never answered. Declined the payment with MasterCard. Because I was for four days in Seattle, than back in EU, and used the card a lot, MasterCard was able to track me. When they saw a payment in US, one month later I was there, form them was a fraud sign and decided to cancel the card and replace it at no cost. Finally the hotel repaid me the $90 and two weeks later I got a new card.
3. I received few packages at the hotel, they succeed (looked like a struggle) to deliver me all, except one!

So it is a mixed experience. If you keep your card in your pocket and are carful in dealing with concierge, it can be a great experience!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Marcel-Buh
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. Would you please send me your email so i can comunicate with you regarding your package situation? I am also sending you a separte email.

Much appreciated and look forward to hearing from you.

Washington, D.C.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We arrived quite early-- 10am -- and reception accommodated our early check-in, letting us know that a room was on final house keeping inspection and would be available in 15 minutes. The large tub with waterfall faucet feature was a fun touch. The hotel was nicely appointed with modern but comfortable furnishings in a great location near the market.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Aussiesig,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Hotel 1000 and for choosing to stay with us.

Appreciate your heading of "Excellent Value".

Hope that when your travel plans bring you back to Seattle, that you will return to Hotel 1000.

Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We spent 4 nights in the Grand Lux Suite. The food from room service is definitively "eh" (I'd eat elsewhere during normal hours) but they do have it available 24 hours, which is nice. The bed was supremely comfortable, and the room well designed and spacious. The bathroom is rad. We loved the free standing tub that filled from the ceiling. Sort of wished the shower was a little more accommodating of two people, but the tub made up for it! Everyone who works there is really nice, and they don't bug you overmuch. The door chime is just that...no maid banging on your door at 8am screaming "ROOM CLEANING!!". There's a button by the door that lets you send a request to make up the room 24 hours a day without calling anyone or leaving a tag on the door.

Wireless was fast and free. The cable TV was a bit wonky...they always leave it set on to this channel that shows a beach and has ocean waves sounds, except the sounds loop every minute, which got annoying. I didn't understand the purpose of that. The view was mostly of the building across the street, but we didn't come there for the view.

I will say that I slept better there than I have at pretty much any hotel ever. I never heard a peep from any of the other rooms.

I would definitely stay there again. For the price it is a top notch bargain!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Malice,

What a heading!! "Bombtastic". I love the word...

Thanks for your detailed overview and am delighted that you will return when your travel plans bring you back to Seattle. we will be waiting...